City fan' letter in "Radio Times"

I just never got why a documentary was made about them winning a title after thirty years. Outside of their supporters who cares? What about us winning one after forty four years and pipping your biggest rival right at the death? Surely that's the bigger story?

After the Ferguson documentary last night I've come to the conclusion that all these documentaries are made or commissioned by the clubs themselves and then provided to the TV companies free.

Everyone's a winner except, as usual, for the viewer . The TV companies get free programming thus filling air-time and making a few bob on advertising and the club get what amount to extended adverts just for the cost of making it.

Trouble for united is they are mining an increasingly thin seam of material.

I just never got why a documentary was made about them winning a title after thirty years. Outside of their supporters who cares? What about us winning one after forty four years and pipping your biggest rival right at the death? Surely that's the bigger story?

They have more fans than us. Therefore, that documentary would have more viewers than ours.

Am I wrong for suggesting it's that straight forward?

After the Ferguson documentary last night I've come to the conclusion that all these documentaries are made or commissioned by the clubs themselves and then provided to the TV companies free.

Everyone's a winner except, as usual, for the viewer . The TV companies get free programming thus filling air-time and making a few bob on advertising and the club get what amount to extended adverts just for the cost of making it.

I think it ran out for them some time ago and they just haven't noticed!

I had one of the first VCR's, It was not very successful. It recorded programmes I did not to watch and played them back when I was out.
I had an early one for work purposes, a Sony, and it was incredibly heavy. Put my back out one day by moving it.

They have more fans than us. Therefore, that documentary would have more viewers than ours.

Am I wrong for suggesting it's that straight forward?

It's not really that big a story though. Leicester winning the league, yes that's a story, a brilliant one too. But yes they will appeal to the bigger market I guess.

I was watching the Ferguson documentary and actually fell asleep halfway through it was so dull. Whoever made it did a poor job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.