City fan' letter in "Radio Times"

Was there any discernible difference in which households received the Radio Times versus the TV Times?

The Radio Times was the more upmarket publication was it not?
*sticks nose in the air* Well of course, that’s why it is the ‘Radio Times* I subscribe to. Nothing but the highest quality for Eccles folk. ;-) :-)

Who the fuck still buys the Radio Times?

Can’t believe it’s even still going.

I used to hate Tuesdays and Wednesdays in my paper round days. About 50% had a Radio Times one day and TV Times the other.
I too had a paper round in the early 70’s and on a midweek one of our Customers had a Playboy magazine craftily hidden in the Daily Mail. As an early teenager at the time my Mum used to ask why it took it double the time to do my round on those days, I of course
explained had a double round due to absenteeism of my “colleagues”.

As a bonus I also had a fling with a rival paper girl, it was a snog with a bit of awkward rubbing upstairs but these were innocent times and the raunchiness of Playboy stayed a fantasy.

I nicked a copy of Playboy towards the end of my employment, took it home and kept it for recreational purposes. I started work in an Engineering company and for a reason I can’t remember I took it in work. The lads were laughing and drooling over the Centrefold with a close up photo of her “minkey”, they showed it to a partially blind lad called Stan Burgess, he squinted at it and said “I’ve been there, it’s Colwyn Bay in Wales”. You can imagine it was funny as fuck, everyone laughing like Hyenas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.