City Fan Still In Hospital in Germany

SambaMan said:
cyberblue said:
Things we can all do organise !!!A Race Night .Organise 5 a side football competition .Ask the Club to do a statement about Carls Condition .Have the fans & the Players hold a minutes aplause before a game .Any one want to help or contact the club please do
5 a side comp would be quality should get a very good response if we post it around a few of the City forums and spread the word to friends. Possibly post it on local clubs forums like Rochdale, Bury, Oldham, etc.
will contact Alex Channon from the CSA he sometimes runs one

OK, more updates - and time to dig deep and see if anyone has any contacts with the club.

He had another scan today and it is better than expected and Carl may be moved sooner than we thought. The total so far is only about 4k, I'll throw whatever I've got at it, possibly a few grand, but I haven't got a clue how much this kind of thing costs or where you start organising it. If the club could get involved then great. If not we'll just have to get our arses in gear.

crump said:
OK, more updates - and time to dig deep and see if anyone has any contacts with the club.

He had another scan today and it is better than expected and Carl may be moved sooner than we thought. The total so far is only about 4k, I'll throw whatever I've got at it, possibly a few grand, but I haven't got a clue how much this kind of thing costs or where you start organising it. If the club could get involved then great. If not we'll just have to get our arses in gear.
Your Generosity is fantastic i wish i had mates like you .But before you cash in your life saveings there are other Avenues we can aproach .We are the Richest Club in the world (so we are told) i will ask the Supporters Associations to contact the Club .We can organise a campaign through the Media ,Local Mps & MCFC Celebrities can get involved .Slowly but surley more people are getting involved now & each day we are getting a bit more publicity .I am meeting with Carls Family tomorrow so will be in touch tomorrow night .Dont worry you are not alone .I will speak with Andrew to see what the Insurance will cover

hello everyone.. Iam a german city fan from Viersen. its near Gelsenkirchen my german fav. club is Schalke 04 and iam going to Gelsenkirchen tomorrow...maybe i get some new information about the city fan ....CTID

I run a not-for-profit site called MCFCfans (<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfcfans.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfcfans.co.uk/</a>). I've put info about Carl and the appeal on the home page and will setup something a bit more detailed when I get a chance. I'll also do an article mentioning it as it will get circulated on the main online newswires. I can't believe the club isn't responding to this so far. I'll also e-mail Alex Channon at CSA.

Folks, following my last post it would also be useful to know what sort of fundraising target is in mind in order to cover the costs involved, and how far away from it the current total is. It springs to mind that it would be wise to setup something with charitable status or use a charitable vehicle so that the HMRC lends their support as well. Obviously how much that is worthwhile depends on how long the appeal is expected to be etc. Maybe if the club's community charity could take donations and then donate on to the family then this would ensure max tax relief.

Thanks for your help support & advice .The apeall will go on for a long time as Carls Injuries seem quite servere .We have no organised structure at the moment .We are just a bunch of City fans who are doing there best to help out a Fellow Blue & there Family .We are just advising people to send cheques direct to the Familys House .Money Raised from the Buckets have been banked & we are giving the family a Cheque this Evening. We are hopeing to organise a couple of fund raising events in the near future ,MCFC have not responded to any of our Emails or Letters .if you want to have a try please do .If you would like to speak to Carls cousin Ian his no 07852826150. I have also emailed Kevin from the OSC but as of yet have not had a response

cyberblue said:
If any one has contacts with the Press or MCFC please use them .I have emailed .phoned & written to any one i think could help .without much response .
Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but you could possibly try having a quiet word with Ajay. I know he doesn't want to be bothered about his contacts, but it would be worth it if they can somehow help kick City's arse into gear. The club really should be rallying around a cause like this.

Went round & visited Carls Family last night they are ever so gratefull for all the Suport £350 worth of cheques has been sent direct to the house .Andrew has been staying in a cheap hostel which cost £35 a night . As it looks like Carl will be there another month or so he is looking for a cheap apartment .If any one wants to help with the fundraising especially 5a side competition please get in touch

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.