City Fan Still In Hospital in Germany

Les Rambo is a superstar, one of the nicest men I've even known. He's 80 odd now but I was out with him in a pub in Edinburgh watching that game a couple of years ago at the end of the season when Chelsea beat the scum 3-0 I think and Rooney did his foot in before the world cup.

In Scotland, you can imagine, everyone was cheering and laughing their heads off, when one of our gang turned to me and Les and said, 'hang on, that's really bad, he's got the oxygen on, if he's broken something we could be in major trouble at the world cup' - to which Les replied, in his slow, soft voice 'Lad, I'm over 80 years old, I might not wake up tomorrow, I don't give a **** about anything that might be happening next month, can I not please just enjoy that Man U bastards agony?' Still laughing now.

crump said:
Hi, Carl moved over to Liverpool with work ages ago and I'm one of his mates from here. I'm a Liverpool ST holder but I've been to 5 games with Carl this year, he's been a couple of ours and I been a couple of yours and then there was our match at your place. Anyways, I've been doing a sponsored off-the-booze over xmas too raise a few quid for his missus - so I've been off it for a few weeks now and will stay off it til Jan. I stuck the thing up in the pub last week and it's already got over 700 quid in it, it'll get over a grand, everyone loves Rambo and just wants him better.

Just heard half an hour ago that he's awake. Still well drugged up but awake, so we'll wait and see what happens next. I've been over to see him and they are looking after him great in a really smart unit, so he's getting the best of care. I'll probably be back between xmas and the NY so I'll keep you posted if I hear anything else.
Cheers Mate top marks to you

This is a better bet for a charity idea mate.

Has somebody set up a paypal for it ?

A rare cumbrian fiver is waiting.

Really skint but will throw a fiver your way. Wish it could be more, but hopefully it will add up.

bluealf said:
This is a better bet for a charity idea mate.

Has somebody set up a paypal for it ?

A rare cumbrian fiver is waiting.
Yeah Ric Has the adress is on here

crump said:
Hi, Carl moved over to Liverpool with work ages ago and I'm one of his mates from here. I'm a Liverpool ST holder but I've been to 5 games with Carl this year, he's been a couple of ours and I been a couple of yours and then there was our match at your place. Anyways, I've been doing a sponsored off-the-booze over xmas too raise a few quid for his missus - so I've been off it for a few weeks now and will stay off it til Jan. I stuck the thing up in the pub last week and it's already got over 700 quid in it, it'll get over a grand, everyone loves Rambo and just wants him better.

Just heard half an hour ago that he's awake. Still well drugged up but awake, so we'll wait and see what happens next. I've been over to see him and they are looking after him great in a really smart unit, so he's getting the best of care. I'll probably be back between xmas and the NY so I'll keep you posted if I hear anything else.
Can you give Ian a ring please (Carls Cousin)phone no on the first post .he would love to have a chat with you

heywood blue said:
I lived accross the road from Carl and his family for over 20 years and used to go on the city coach from Heywood with him and his brother Andy and his dad Les to all of the games
A really nice family who would genuinely go out of their way to help you and my thoughts and prayers are with them now
Great to hear that Carl has opened his eyes and hopefully is on the road to recovery
Thinking back it was Les who told me to be a City fan like him and his boys
Good luck Carl

Heywood Blue
Any Chance of organising a collection with the Heywood Branch ?

just got back from watching the game (on tv in pub) not many in but mamaged to raise £125.
(£75 & the rest in euros left over from schalke & santander)

just spoken to bleasy (whos with carls brother in dussledorf) ,carls eyes have opened but hes not awake as such, still a long road ahead, but at last things moving in he right direction

bleasy asked me to pass the thanks of carls family they are really touched & graetfull

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.