City Fan Still In Hospital in Germany

fat boy blue said:
just got back from watching the game (on tv in pub) not many in but mamaged to raise £125.
(£75 & the rest in euros left over from schalke & santander)

just spoken to bleasy (whos with carls brother in dussledorf) ,carls eyes have opened but hes not awake as such, still a long road ahead, but at last things moving in he right direction

bleasy asked me to pass the thanks of carls family they are really touched & graetfull
Thanks for your support

hi ric

iv just sent £20 via paypal mate hope things are getting better i was in shalke and it was a knightmare getting in and out of the ground

all the best

lee

Puts it all into perspective - football is a game. Donation completed and will say a prayer for Carl and his family. BTW the responses really makes me proud to be a blue - even though I know all football fans around the world would have done the same but fair play to everyone.

I dont have a cheque book but i will defiantely put some in the boxes which pub will this be in? If you can get me a box then i will take it on our coach from Heywood on boxing day

Just spoken to Ian, and it's great that the lads will be out doing the collection over the holiday games. He was asking if there were any recent photos of him for the buckets and I've got a couple. This one - well I'll explain. Neither of us are rugby fans but last year when the world cup was on I told him to get on a double in the quarters, England to beat Australia and France to beat New Zealand and it came in at about 50/1. So while we were still in the pub I booked us some easyjet flights to get over to Paris for the semis with the winnings, so Carl's only ever been to one rugby match in his life but it was in the Stade de France to watch England beat the French in their own back yard. I took this pic on my phone and it pretty much sums up what it's like going out with Carl.

rambowo5.jpg

Many thanks to everyone who's donated, it's much appreciated. Over £200 raised so far, hopefully we can bump that figure up a bit before we send it on to Carl's family. As other people have said, it puts football in perspective; it could easily have been any of us who went to Germany. Still not too late to donate, you can paypal me (ric@bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk). Once again, proud to be a Blue at times like this. Cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.