City fans - a frightening new insight...

Very true, i always love listening to stories told from 50's upwards, it reminds me there are still proper fans here, not the ones that ask for a playstation instead of an easter egg

Unfortunately Tolmie, this is going to happen.

I was also hooked with City after going to my first game in '81 with
my dad. And so havent seen us win anything.
Been there, thick and thin. Or should that be thin and thinner?

Personally, I am proud of the history of this club.
I you know where we have come from, it makes it all the sweeter
to see where we go.

Its a little like my rant yesterday to get things into perspective.
We havent qualified for europe in our own right without the fair play
league for donkeys years, so I'd be happy with the europa league.
Unfortunately, this new breed of support want CL now and wont be
happy unless we get it this season. They want sucess immediately.

I've waited 29 years, since the age of 7 for some sucess, so I can
wait another year or two

;-)

I'm 25 years old, and i've made it a personal ambition of mine to know everything i can about the city of Manchester and Manchester City's past and thanks to family members, fellow Blues and to historians like Gary James i've been privy to that information.

The clubs past is just as important to me as where we are headed in the future. I've not read that thread you mentioned so i won't make judgements on the comments but i do hope this idea of forgetting our past is not a trend that grows.

I love this city and i love this City and everything they have acheived thus far.

afuckingreed 100%

And i hate that 'If we gonna get to where we wanna be' bollox an' all.

Have a lookm at the SWP IN LONDON' thread for classic examples of the new breed of City 'fan'.

What some of this new breed of supporter can't get their heads around, is we are a big club, with a wonderful fantastic history of our own.

... DESPITE having one of the world's biggest on our doorstep.

This is a cause for pride and celebration, not shame because we are not THEM.

If we had no history or big pedigree, our club would have tailed off 50 years ago.

United fans don't understand this...but City fans should never doubt us.

I can see where you are coming from.

I went to ALL the home matches and most of the away ones during the 67/68 season, and look back with fond memories...let's face it, anybody twenty or thirty odd has known nothing but abject City failure during their lifetime, with the odd good run of results thrown in, this coupled with United's success since Baconface arrived.

Still, this is a forum, a broad church, and I believe all viewpoints should be respected....(within reason).

TH - can these guys really be City fans ? I had a quick look on that thread and bailed out because I thought it was another rag on a wind up.

If you're right and they are City fans then it's very disturbing.

Liverpool fans are big on spouting off about their history and how we are just a money club. Mascherano spoke a load of ill-informed shite recently about how City had no history.

Liverpool's history started in 1965 and pretty much ended in 2005... 50 years.

We have a history of over 100 years and we are still rightly recognised as one of Europe's top clubs in spite of never having "won" anything for such a long time.

We have a history as rich as anyone's in the English game. And we should never forget that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.