City fans - a frightening new insight...

I love City and our history, ok would like a few trophies but how many games have we all been to and chatted about our experiences, the laughs, tears, joy, great humour, it always used to be bloody good fun. Oh yes and i loved Frank Gallagher getting prawn sandwich brigade in on shameless

No self-respecting City fan would say that we have no history. Sounds more like a typical rag numbskull to me.

City have always had their fare share of people willing to knock the club. The only trouble I ever had at Maine Rd was so called City fans booing our own players.
Being a City fan is something that you cannot explain or rationalise. Why else would we have got the attendences we had in the third tier of English football. It's almost a way of life, a calling. Other fans simply don't get how you can be so passionate about a team that has consistently failed to achieve. True fans have never been glory hunters but, this is something we will have to get used to.
One of my proudest and fondest memories of City was when I was at a match sat in the Main Stand with my Dad and my 82 year old Grandad. That summed it up for me. We went because simply we love the club, it bonded us and we had a common interest. My Grandad could wax on lyrically about the old days at Hyde Road, the players, how he used to walk from Grey Mare Lane to Hyde Road to watch the match, the players, the bus rides to away grounds. He even showed me a programme from the 30's when the club asked the City fans behind the goal not to bee opposing players as there had been complaints.
So don't tell me we have no history. I have become part of the history of City, I have even made part of the history of City just as all of you have done.
History is what happened in the past. It doesn't have to be all trophies and success but, it is still history none the less.

In the early days it was only true fans who would go to the trouble of finding and joining up to the forum.

The posts were generally intelligent, funny and worthy of debate.

Over the last few years the board has been flooded by posters intent on posting just to get their post count up, or to engage in a slanging match with other 'new' posters.

I first started going to Maine Road in the early 80's. I don't go as often as I would like now, but life and priorities move on ....

I may piss people off on here but im only 17 so probably seem imature at times but i look back on our history and feel proud. i was unlucky not to see the likes of bell etc...

I have the patience for success and im willing to wait as long as it takes for it. i wonder how many people would stop supporting city if the sheik pulled his money out tomorrow? an awful lot and thats the glory hunters that have jumped on the bandwagon since we have had the money

CTID <3

even if we dont win another trophy for 34 years i will still be here!!!

chazmcfc said:
Ric, can we ban the people that joined AFTER the takeover ?

Would go a long way to clearing the prawn sandwhich brigade.

yea ban people like me, someone that joined this forum after the takeover.
someone that has supported city through thick n thin for 40 odd years.
someone who remembers with fondness our 'glory years', someone that continued to support our club through the darker years and doesn't regret it.
someone that couldn't care if we had rich owners or not.
yes, i like a prawn sandwich now n then, ban me from a forum because of it?........plain daft.

mcfcdave is a tool and imo probably a rag!!

Alan is a good guy though tolmie, i'm sure on reflection he would take back what he said, Alan follows city home and away and i suggest his comments about not giving a "fcuk" about are past history were off the cuff remark. Just my opinion.

mcfc_die_hard said:
I may piss people off on here but im only 17 so probably seem imature at times but i look back on our history and feel proud. i was unlucky not to see the likes of bell etc...

I have the patience for success and im willing to wait as long as it takes for it. i wonder how many people would stop supporting city if the sheik pulled his money out tomorrow? an awful lot and thats the glory hunters that have jumped on the bandwagon since we have had the money

CTID <3

even if we dont win another trophy for 34 years i will still be here!!!

17?

As old as that... ;}

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.