City fans - a frightening new insight...

I'm 32, I have never seen us win anything (apart from the play off final, and division 1 trophy).

I love City, and everything about their history - and was hooked ever since my 1st game when we beat Millwall in the cup.

These new breed of City fans are a shame on our true supporters... We have never been known for our arrogance - lets hope its the minority!!

And Tolmie u r right - they would be better placed at OT!!

CTID!!

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I had the misfortune yesterday evening to view and participate in a Robinho thread which basically turned into a mocking of our club.

It was biggest realisation yet that some part of the club I have loved for all my 35 years are going to change, and not for the better.

Maybe it is a reflection of todays all about me society, but this club has attracted a new wave of turds who would not be out of place at OT.

MCFCDave and Allan Harper, a disgrace to City fans.

One who believes we have no history or heritage, and Allan Harper, who says who gives a fuck about the past, he wasn't around and it never affected him.

(Tell that to the millions of people who died in two World Wars - fuckstick)

Jesus, is this where we're now at. Infested with a new generation of gimmegimmegimmes, nownownow.

Someone who doesn't give a fuck about Colin Bell, Frank Swift and all the other great players who have pulled on the blue shirt.

I've never seen us win a trophy, and these ***** want stop me enjoying it when it finally does come.

But I was hooked on City by the tales of yesteryear, by Dad telling me about Colin Bell, like some sort of mythical god.

What I am trying to say, we should NEVER forget where we have come from and what it has taken to get us here.

Our not so trophy-laden past was one of the main reasons why Sheikh Mansour decided to wake this slumbering giant.

Now we have piggy-backers and fans who only think football started at the inception of the Premiership.

I know what my club is, I wouldn't have it any other way, what I don't need is a so-called new breed of City fans who try to tell us success means everything - even at the expense of our history.

Here's the thread for a sample of the type of people we now have following us.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=169499&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=169499&start=30</a>
After reading this its "Tolmie's Hairdoo" for Prime Minister, VOTE TOLMIE. very well said fella.

I think this is just symptiomatic of the new cyber age and to an extent a forum like this makes it easy for the numpties to voice an opinion.

I would be intrigued to see what these so called fans would say if they attended an open forum at the ground or one of the supporters clubs, they would not last two minutes of honest debate without being drowned in the weight of the arguments made by proper supporters of today.

Some people find it amusing to bait others through this (and other forums) and we need to rise above it and stick to our guns and realise that yes the club is changing, but the Shiek and his team know all about the heritage of teh club and celebrate this as often as they can, and thats what really counts.

Keep the faith............

We seem to be a split set of fans right now, the whole Hughes thing, the whole if you joined before the takeover you are somehow different. This forum doesn't seem to reflect the 'togetherness' I thought we had when I stood on the Kippax.

But perhaps that 'togetherness' was false anyway. Forums expose you to different types of people who you would not normally talk to at a match - maybe the differences have always been there?

I knew the money would change us and some of the stuff I read and hear does make me squirm but my relationship with my team is more important than my relationship with any city fan so its water off a duck's back for me.

We're all City fans, we just all have a different way of demonstrating it.

wrongun73 said:
chazmcfc said:
Ric, can we ban the people that joined AFTER the takeover ?

Would go a long way to clearing the prawn sandwhich brigade.

ric, can we also ban people who talk out of their arseholes 99.9% of the time
And can we ban that f***er with a username like a fish as well as everyone on the Barm or Muffin thread?

Prestwich_Blue said:
wrongun73 said:
ric, can we also ban people who talk out of their arseholes 99.9% of the time
And can we ban that f***er with a username like a fish as well as everyone on the Barm or Muffin thread?
and can we ban anyone who doesn't live within 10 miles of Eastlands

New fans will first be attracted by the team playing great football and winning.... Then they'll spend money on tickets and merchandise... and not spend that same money on other teams... and we'll have more money to spend on the team....

When people say "history" they really mean the last few years. They don't mean going back to 1850. No-one chooses allegiance based on real history. In this sense, our history is pitiful. What City has is "soul" and a core group of fans who are loyal and have a great sense of humour.

This is a football team, not a religion... There should be no "test" to follow City. Embrace newcomers and all opinions. We don't want to be elitist snobs. We want to be known for being loyal, friendly, and a really good time.

At least that's my opinion. And I'm old enough to realize that I'm not clever enough to have the definitive opinion.

I've been supporting this club ever since i saw my first game back in 1969 ...... so i've been through 'the mill' alright ...... and although i'm loving the present day situation that this club finds itself in , i'm certainly not taking things for granted ...... because i know it could all change tomorrow.

I'll never forget the bleak times that i've endured following this club , or the many times during the hooligan-rife days of the 70's/80's that i put my life at risk watching them either ....... but i wouldn't have swapped it for the world , and neither would many others who have come through the same times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.