City fans - a frightening new insight...

I'm 25 and i went on with my old man in 1992 against Forest. I've never seen us win anything apart from Div 2 play off final and Div 1 Winners.

I'll never forget my dads stories about how Peter Barnes used to take the piss and how Colin was genuinely the King.

I was fortunate/unfortunate to support City through some of the shittest times in our history (anyone remember Stevie Lomas holding the ball up in the corner on the last game of the season against the bindippers and we went down)?

However thanks to the stories from my dad and thanks to me being subjected to the shite of Nicklas Jensen, Gerry Creaney, Scott Hiley Lee Bradbury i now appreciate everything we have now both financial backing and the quality on the pitch.

This is the best possible time to support the blues. Everyone hates us (which is a gd sign), i feel sorry for our current prawn sandwich brigade as they might not have the same memories as i have.

City Till I Die!!!

The OP is spot on about a small minority of posters on here.

Things they fail to appreciate because of age or ignorance include -

We are City SUPER City, we are City from Maine Road.

And

Number one is Colin Bell, number two is................

And of course

Bless 'em all, Bless 'em all
Bert Trautmann, Dave Ewing and Paul
Bless Roy Little who blocks out the wing
Bless Jack Dyson the penalty king
And with Leivers and Spurdle so tall
And Johnstone, the Prince of them all
Come on the light blues
It's always the right blue
So cheer up me lads
Bless 'em all

Now until you appreciate why these songs exist you are a probationary City fan, end of ;-)

Fucking he'll !
posting off mi phone already written a reply but it never made it on the board. You can abuse me all you like just like most of you did to dave just because his opinion didn't match yours. The fuck your history remark was bang out of order and for that I apologize as I've read loads of books on city and maine rd. I was trying to stick up for dave as you may think ganging up on a blue is clever cos his opinion dosent match yours but hind sight I went about the wrong way for that I'm sorry. Continue to abuse me ill still be at burnley saturday.

allan harper said:
Fucking he'll !
posting off mi phone already written a reply but it never made it on the board. You can abuse me all you like just like most of you did to dave just because his opinion didn't match yours. The fuck your history remark was bang out of order and for that I apologize as I've read loads of books on city and maine rd. I was trying to stick up for dave as you may think ganging up on a blue is clever cos his opinion dosent match yours but hind sight I went about the wrong way for that I'm sorry. Continue to abuse me ill still be at burnley saturday.

Fooking Quality Alan, this is what i posted earlier mate...

"mcfcdave is a tool and imo probably a rag!!"

"Alan is a good guy though tolmie, i'm sure on reflection he would take back what he said, Alan follows city home and away and i suggest his comments about not giving a "fcuk" about are past history were off the cuff remark. Just my opinion."

allan harper said:
Fucking he'll !

It's not a case of abusing you, mate.

MCFCdave laboured his point to the point it could easily have been a RAG wind-up.

The fact it wasn't makes it all the worse. Hence other posters jumped on his comments.

As was your observations, as you now say fook your history was out of order.

I was more offended by the remark that because you weren't born at whatever time, it has no relevance to you, which is ridiculous on so many levels.

Ganging up on any level is a disgrace, however, me telling him his mummy was ready with his fish fingers and beans, was an indicator how I perceived him.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I had the misfortune yesterday evening to view and participate in a Robinho thread which basically turned into a mocking of our club.

It was biggest realisation yet that some part of the club I have loved for all my 35 years are going to change, and not for the better.

Maybe it is a reflection of todays all about me society, but this club has attracted a new wave of turds who would not be out of place at OT.

MCFCDave and Allan Harper, a disgrace to City fans.

One who believes we have no history or heritage, and Allan Harper, who says who gives a fuck about the past, he wasn't around and it never affected him.

(Tell that to the millions of people who died in two World Wars - fuckstick)

Jesus, is this where we're now at. Infested with a new generation of gimmegimmegimmes, nownownow.

Someone who doesn't give a fuck about Colin Bell, Frank Swift and all the other great players who have pulled on the blue shirt.

I've never seen us win a trophy, and these ***** want stop me enjoying it when it finally does come.

But I was hooked on City by the tales of yesteryear, by Dad telling me about Colin Bell, like some sort of mythical god.

What I am trying to say, we should NEVER forget where we have come from and what it has taken to get us here.

Our not so trophy-laden past was one of the main reasons why Sheikh Mansour decided to wake this slumbering giant.

Now we have piggy-backers and fans who only think football started at the inception of the Premiership.

I know what my club is, I wouldn't have it any other way, what I don't need is a so-called new breed of City fans who try to tell us success means everything - even at the expense of our history.

Here's the thread for a sample of the type of people we now have following us.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=169499&start=30" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=169499&start=30</a>
well said. I too got embroiled in that 'debate'. I maybe was a little harsh on Allanharper but really, i hope he realises just what he was saying was complete tripe. It would be interesting to see why these so called fans starting 'supporting' (used lightly!) City in the 1st place. If it wasnt our history then what exactly?
I fear the day we start winning things it is going to get worse. I pray we do not end up like our Stretford neighbours

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.