City fans getting thrown out of the bolton end

a.woollam said:
unlikelyfan19 said:
supermicahrichards said:
If you score a ticket in the home end and you're an away fan, then it's best to sit down and stay quiet. If you cheer your team then you'll be thrown out, simply because it could cause trouble. Essentially, pretend your a home fan.

I was in the Gallowgate End for the match at St James Park with my Newcastle supporting in-laws.

It was very hard keeping quiet when City scored twice on their first two attacks.

I went in the Everton End a few weeks back, no problems at all. A real mixture of accents, in fact the bloke who's ST, I borrowed comes from York. As for Notlob, it comes from the extrapolation of Monty Python's Parrot Sketch. (Dreads subsequent comments about the proximity of ST and I)

buckshot said:
unlikelyfan19 said:
sorry, yank here, but is this normal? Are you not allowed to sit in the opposing fans section at all? I know at sporting events here in the states you can sit really wherever you like (and can get tickets) and honestly its just fun banter if your supporting for the away team. (with the exception of rooting for any away team in Philadelphia no matter what the sport, you will be soaked in beer and thrown up on!)

As a Phillies fan I can tell you that it isn't always bad in Philly and no worse than anywhere else. That Giants fan damn near got killed in LA this year.

Agreed, the media gives us such a bad rep. I was at the game yesterday and sat next to some rangers fans, there was no trouble at all

Eagles games are a bit rougher though, although they were worse at the Vet.

Plus Santa Claus was drunk. And JD Drew is an asshole.

If you sit with the home fans you really do have to keep quiet, no matter what. I sat with the Leicester fans, the year we just about avoided relegation. I was in physical pain trying to keep a straight face. When James saved a pen I buried my head in my hands to give the impression of grief but really so that I could scream with delight.

At the end of the match, the bloke next to me turned to me and said "Good result for you" and a few others round me laughed. I'd obviously been sussed but I think they respected the effort I'd made to keep a low profile.

A few seasons ago I sat in the Bolton end for a cup game as I couldn't get a ticket in our end. I felt extremely isolated because I was the only person sitting on the row, just to the right of the dug out, and there was no one on else for about five rows around me!! In fact the whole of that section of the stand was half empty as was the rest of the ground apart from the away fans!!

When we scored I sat on my hands and tried desperately to look forlorn!!

Years ago we got chased out of the Coventry home end in an early morning kick off (11am I think), we both said we would say nothing if we scored, as soon as we did we both jumped up, chased by a load and they let us in the City end.

Me and the lad sat through the entire game with the Bolton fans to the right of the city fans equvilent to our singing section Cheers to all the city fans who spotted my lad and pointed and laughed Made an uncomfortable 10 mins LOL but not ejected but as soon as the final whistle went we jetted off to avoid the "RUSH"!
Fair play to the Bolton fans i think we were sussed as soon as we walked into the ground the Steward kept his eye on us all game as did the Police

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.