City fans getting thrown out of the bolton end

FeedTheGoat10 said:
wayne71 said:
FeedTheGoat10 said:
I was a big enough twat to get thrown out. Didn't actually do much really, did a Poznan (as did some Bolton fans) and then got thrown out a bit later even though I wasn't standing up or singing City songs, was just giving v's to some blues I knew and pretending I was really enthusiastic about Bolton. In hindsight it would have been better just to stay quiet, ah well a good day all in all!

Had to laugh, an undercover away fan gets thrown out for being abusive to the away supporters!
I even made up a couple of Bolton songs! I was their best supporter by a mile

You probably didn't have enough fingers, wear 6 finger gloves next time (available at all good retail outlets in Bolton and Stoke).

Prestwich_Blue said:
disco dawson said:
Lots got thrown out around me at Blackpool game, one of the friendliest grounds in the land! I escaped by wearing a fake dog collar... no one lobs clergy out eh?
As it happens, a City supporting vicar was thrown out at Wigan.

Yes I remember reading about that on WL (I think).

unlikelyfan19 said:
sorry, yank here, but is this normal? Are you not allowed to sit in the opposing fans section at all? I know at sporting events here in the states you can sit really wherever you like (and can get tickets) and honestly its just fun banter if your supporting for the away team. (with the exception of rooting for any away team in Philadelphia no matter what the sport, you will be soaked in beer and thrown up on!)

Totally different over here. You have to keep your head down if you are in with opposing fans. You have to have balls of steel in places like Leeds, Everton, Stoke or Manure

I was in the Notlob end, next to the City fans.

Atmosphere was pretty poor, was desperate to be in the away end, but kept my head down and kept quiet. Stood out like a sore thumb, though - I was the only one who wasn't dressed like I'd just walked out of JDs window...

mcmanus said:
unlikelyfan19 said:
sorry, yank here, but is this normal? Are you not allowed to sit in the opposing fans section at all? I know at sporting events here in the states you can sit really wherever you like (and can get tickets) and honestly its just fun banter if your supporting for the away team. (with the exception of rooting for any away team in Philadelphia no matter what the sport, you will be soaked in beer and thrown up on!)

Totally different over here. You have to keep your head down if you are in with opposing fans. You have to have balls of steel in places like Leeds, Everton, Stoke or Manure

Did it at Everton this season. Bout as threatening as teletubbies.

Another yank here....that's wild that some blues were tossed out for simply cheering or singing. Only if you were antagonizing other patrons would you get thrown out here in the states. They have actually setup "jerk" lines in some venues for fans to call a hotline and report poor fan behavior.

unlikelyfan19 said:

that guys was from Jeresy...he doesn't count. :)

and the difference is we don't have away sections in the states, in Europe they do. If you want to be a fan of an away team at the game you can only sit with opposing fans.

supermicahrichards said:
unlikelyfan19 said:

that guys was from Jeresy...he doesn't count. :)

and the difference is we don't have away sections in the states, in Europe they do. If you want to be a fan of an away team at the game you can only sit with opposing fans.

Haha right, my bad, jersey

As far as the sections go, I understand there are designated away sections, I was just wondering if people who were able to score a ticket, if they would get booted for just being a fan or only if they are vocally supporting the away team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.