City fans in Sevilla

Can only really echo what everyone else has said; brilliant trip and away day. We arrived Tuesday so didn't see the trouble in O'Neills, and despite (or maybe because of) the excessive police presence we didn't see any bother. Struggled for bars after the game, but did manage to stumble across a little side street that had a bar and a nightclub opposite open until the early hours. Thanks to the Blues in said bar who advised me which toilet I had to use!

Found it a bit bizarre that we almost had an armed guard upon getting off the plane on Tuesday lunchtime, about 20 officers lining the 30 second walk to the terminal.

Was going to post when I got back but I've had a banging headache for days! (And not just from the beer!)
Glad everyone had a good time in Sevilla. I moved to Spain in July so this was my first game of the season and a chance to see some friends and family that I've not seen since moving.
Two of us drove down on the Tuesday morning. Took us 6 hours but it didn't matter as I'd been looking forward to the game since the draw. Had a top afternoon near the cathedral, no sign of trouble anywhere, and then headed over to the stadium by taxi.
Anyway, long story short, I lasted 25 minutes in the stadium before being thrown out by the police! We'd been separated as we entered and sat where we could for kick off before I got a call from a mate saying they were sat over to our left. We made our way down to the steps just as Sevilla scored and out of nowhere I got whacked in the back of my head by said police. Before I could turn around my left hand was pushed up behind my back and I was repeatedly hit in the head as I was marched down the stairs towards the exit. Despite shouting in Spanish that I was I going and that I'd not done anything (and probably crying a little!!), the punches continued until I was back outside. There, they took my details and walked off without any explanation, leaving me bruised and shaken.
I still can't make sense of what happened but it certainly soured what started out as a good trip. My wrist is sore and the back of my head bruised but worst of all it's put me off going to future European games because it's not just the away fans that you've got to look out for but the foreign police (or some individuals that call themselves police officers).
I'll certainly be looking forward to getting back for a few home games in the new year, where the worst I can expect is getting told to sit down by the showsec lot!

We got back yesterday. Despite us buying the 100 Euros official tickets from Seville FC, when we got in the ground, we had problems using them. We missed the goal and my nephew cheered. A policeman with a baton approached him and he ran away through the concourse. We finally got into the ground after speaking to a decent City Steward,
but some Seville fans were in our seats. There were 3 empty seats (not together) that we finally sat in as we were too nervous to make a fuss. It did seem heavy policing and I have no idea why Seville could sell the tickets twice. Anyway we had a great time there, lovely city, met some great fellow Blues, and learnt some new songs! A great away day experience.

One other good thing about the trip was the trains! No cramming everyone in like in England, all seats are booked and once all sold that's it no more allowed on.

I hope they don't adopt that here. We can't prebook the return train tickets after the matches as we never know what time we are going to get back to the station. All the trains are rammed back to Wilmslow and there aren't too many at that time of night. There have been several cancellations on the last 2 home matches meaning there are no other options, except a couple of drinks in the Mayflower waiting for the next one.

We got back yesterday. Despite us buying the 100 Euros official tickets from Seville FC, when we got in the ground, we had problems using them. We missed the goal and my nephew cheered. A policeman with a baton approached him and he ran away through the concourse. We finally got into the ground after speaking to a decent City Steward,
but some Seville fans were in our seats. There were 3 empty seats (not together) that we finally sat in as we were too nervous to make a fuss. It did seem heavy policing and I have no idea why Seville could sell the tickets twice. Anyway we had a great time there, lovely city, met some great fellow Blues, and learnt some new songs! A great away day experience.

Just got back this afternoon and yes it was a great trip. I was in the €100 seats, block 21 Preferencia Stand, there were lots of Blues in there and many of them wearing colours. Didn't experience any problems getting in with an e ticket, no ID asked for and no hassle from the Spanish police or the Seville fans despite some rather enthusiastic goal celebrations, standing ovations etc. We were treated very well by everyone inside and outside the ground, as ever, met some great blues, hope the four lads in the restaurant in Fuengirola last night got back to Bemalmadena ok. It looked like they'd had a long day!

Some amazing tales of camarade and adventures that surpass the very realms of imagination.
There have been many campaigns both champ league and Europa that have tittilated the senses and aroused the persona but this without reservation was definatly not a bridge too far.
Manuel thank you my son for setting us up so well.
What a performance on the field of play !.

Our crew was dropped Monday morning into Malagas early morning mist.
After packing away our chutes we had a Ronald Mcdonalds wopper meal and then went on for a few scoops at the estation concourse.The weather conditions remained fine.
We boarded our train at 14.08 hrs for the cross country run to happyville.
Carriage 2 was an excitable affair with loads of piss funny lads.
We spent quality time listening to them compose another two new verses of Argentinian blues.
Ethanol is an excellent writers companion and the eventual rendition which I do have to tape is truly a phenominom of literary endeviour.
They did spill a wee bit of the fruits of the vine when compsing their masterpiece and was reprimanded by one of Espanias clones of Senoir Meldrew
"Eess you shuda showa respeta for dee train"
Fact of the matter was that they were a great bunch of chaps finely in tune with international relations and one fine youngster even as Meldrew rambled sheet was cleaning the floor with bog roll on his hands n knees so a very well done that man!.
Bizzare thing is that as that altercation of words transpired Meldrew got up slowly from his seat.
The fooker had to have escaped from Malagas travelling circus and could not even stand up in the carriage he was that tall !!!
So funny to watch as one of the lads held his mate back and said he was from Swinton and if he ever that jolly giant visited he was going to fooking kill him :)

Seville was joyous to behold with the cathdral standing centre piece.
After copious amounts of the finest lager known to man we set off for the Irish bar.
The lager I speak of was called Cruzycampo and was a fusion of utter ethanol excitement.
Thankfully on route we received radio chatter of an engagement and immediatly diveted two cliks south to the Scotch bar for some male bonding and more sing songs of football prowess.
A cracking night in there before the old bill lolitely closed it down.
After bidding our chums a fond farewell we set of down the backstreets for our digs that was 500 yards away.Sadly we lost comunication with all fiendlys and remanied in the alleyways and rain for another hour.It reminded me of that film bat 21 were he was trapped beyond enemy lines and had to use code talk for a golf couse to escape.We do not remember getting home ?
Tommorow was to be matchday but I have to go to dinner ss we r still on our jollies.
If i get time I will update some more and we even met some real moderaters having a tapas at a secret location.
They were just like you and me and not a not a sniff of celebritity devas !
I have to go down to dinner now and then sup some more spanich hops
Adios and some great tales on here of all the peoples trips.
Keep them coming eh

Last edited by a moderator:
Was anyone else involved in the slowest human tsumani ever?

Started with some bladder head falling slowly backwards into other bladdered blues with nowhere to go. It started in the bottom right corner and very, very slowly spread upwards & outwards. It was hilarious, you knew about 5 minutes before you were down that you were going down. Now that would deffo have been an internet sensation!!!
Yes was in that.shame it wasn't caught on camera. Dominoes effect. . anyone remember the city knobhead who never watched any of the game. Just kept giving it the big un all night. Towards the spanish. He paid all that money to go there and took no notice of the game. Putting women and kids at risk from the police. .blues were shouting stop being a fuckin dickhead..

Yes was in that.shame it wasn't caught on camera. Dominoes effect. . anyone remember the city knobhead who never watched any of the game. Just kept giving it the big un all night. Towards the spanish. He paid all that money to go there and took no notice of the game. Putting women and kids at risk from the police. .blues were shouting stop being a fuckin dickhead..
You can't take @Ric anywhere.

Lad near me was asleep all game.. also an older guy game tumbling down a few rows, must have been worse for wear. Luckily not hurt, it was fairly steep on the top tier.

Still in Malaga. Back tomorrow.

Echo what everyone's said. Great match, great support, great city, great trip.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.