City fans in the Celtic end next week

I've been to matches in Germany where friends supporting both sides have been sat togetether, wearing their own colours; and no punch ups or rioting ensued. Yet some of the drama queens on here would believe that there will be carnage if you sit peaceably in the home end of the ground. Don't behave like a wank and you'll be fine.

And how are they going to do that?

Ask punters to name all of the Lisbon Lions? Frisk everyone who doesn't smell of Buckfast?

I have worked in Glasgow for the last 20 years and have lived in Edinburgh for 30 years, I can't see any issues as long as people are sensible. There are loads of City fans who live in Scotland and Celtic fans who live in the North West. It is going to happen regardless of stewarding and police

Regarding the return leg, most European matches at the Etihad have visiting fans in the home end. Juventus last season had supporters all over the stadium despite the visitor's section being less than half full. Apparently, they could only get a ticket from Juve if they bought an expensive hotel/flight package, so most got tickets from City.

I'll ignore the boring 'banter'.

As happens at most grounds up here, if you're showing colour/drunk/look like your lost the police and stewards will be all over you. Perhaps you dont go to many games home and away up here but the policing is very different, especially as this will be classed as a high risk game. Of course if you're sensible you'll be fine, but after drinking all day thats a big ask haha. As said above if you're not a wank you'll be fine, same goes for us down at the Etihad. FWIW I dont think there's going to be trouble at the game, its in pubs and the city before/after the game theres a strong chance of some trouble, nothing i'll be overly concerned about though.

R.E return leg - As i'm sure you know playing Juventus and playing Celtic will be completely different, police/celtic/city will do everything they can to avoid us ending up in the home end. Latest i've seen is our fan liason is trying to arrange a fan zone/screens etc. for us down in Manchester.

I'll ignore the boring 'banter'.

As happens at most grounds up here, if you're showing colour/drunk/look like your lost the police and stewards will be all over you. Perhaps you dont go to many games home and away up here but the policing is very different, especially as this will be classed as a high risk game. Of course if you're sensible you'll be fine, but after drinking all day thats a big ask haha. As said above if you're not a wank you'll be fine, same goes for us down at the Etihad. FWIW I dont think there's going to be trouble at the game, its in pubs and the city before/after the game theres a strong chance of some trouble, nothing i'll be overly concerned about though.

R.E return leg - As i'm sure you know playing Juventus and playing Celtic will be completely different, police/celtic/city will do everything they can to avoid us ending up in the home end. Latest i've seen is our fan liason is trying to arrange a fan zone/screens etc. for us down in Manchester.

Please don't do what the Rangers lot did to our beautiful City.

People overplay the risks of going in the home end, behave sensibly don't wind them up and you will be fine. I went in the Millwall home end the season that our home fans were banned. I lived in London at the time.

Won't pretend I didn't shit it at first and the giveaway that I was a blue was the flat that I stupidly agreed to buy ten programmes for a mate who collected them at the time.

I think it was obvious I was a blue but I kept my mouth shut and there was zero problem.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.