City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Does that go for the thousands who take their seats late, or fuck off to the bar on 36 mins.

The increased security checks have exacerbated the issue of people getting into the ground late. Granted, there will still be people who get there late besides that.

If the service at the bars was quicker then you wouldn't have people pissing off for a pint 5 or 10 minutes before half time. I leave it until bang on HT but if I fancy a drink I can easily be queue for the duration of the interval.

The club can certainly play their part in trying to alleviate the various issues discussed on here. Regarding the bar queues I don't know why they don't have vending machines full of plastic bottles of cold lager and cider. They'd clean up plus the queues at the bars wouldn't be as bad for those wanting pints.

The increased security checks have exacerbated the issue of people getting into the ground late. Granted, there will still be people who get there late besides that.

If the service at the bars was quicker then you wouldn't have people pissing off for a pint 5 or 10 minutes before half time. I leave it until bang on HT but if I fancy a drink I can easily be queue for the duration of the interval.

The club can certainly play their part in trying to alleviate the various issues discussed on here. Regarding the bar queues I don't know why they don't have vending machines full of plastic bottles of cold lager and cider. They'd clean up plus the queues at the bars wouldn't be as bad for those wanting pints.

Underage drinkers would be the reasoning behind that otherwise it would be a good idea. More bottle outlets would help though

In Block 111 Some young lads (looked scared to death and didn't look old enough to drink beer, never mind sell it) with the Heineken back packs on giving you refills.

Saw a couple of people with those back packs on the concourse at the back of 114/115 before the game last Saturday. They walked straight past everyone and went into the away section the fuckers!

Never mind empty seats from early leavers, the ground is half empty when the teams come out and was even before the new security checks started.

Not sure why you wouldn't want to be there to watch and cheer the team coming out. People too interested in downing a pint or setting off on the last minute.

Never mind empty seats from early leavers, the ground is half empty when the teams come out and was even before the new security checks started.

Not sure why you wouldn't want to be there to watch and cheer the team coming out. People too interested in downing a pint or setting off on the last minute.

Yep, I'm more interested in finishing my pint than watching people walking thank you very much.

The club should do two things, double your loyalty points (for that particular game) if you scan through the turnstile 30 mins before kick off. Treble loyalty points (for that particular game) if you scan a card reader, located on the concourse, that's activated after full time.

Would be relatively easy to come up with some software to do that as well as buying a couple hundred scanners to log each ticket. Loyalty points is just one example of what you could earn. You could also get Citizen points (they do something like that in City Square). They could register it and if you do it for 90% of the home games you attend you get a discount on next years season ticket. cheaper rate at the food/beer kiosks if you've scanned your card after full time for a number of consecutive games.

Other than this, the club needs to fully identify WHY people leave early. Is it because of traffic and issues getting home, or is it because people can't be bothered watching a full 90 minute game? Could things like a smoking area in each stand help? Could they interact with the council to improve transport? Put something more entertaining on than City square?

People would leave their cards with a mate to be scanned if that bothered. Pep is the main reason I know people leave early and his anti-football(tm).

I wonder if the early leavers would stay if the game was 60 minutes, 30 minutes each way?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.