City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Looks like it's pot luck whether the tickets on the exchange sell or not and it isn't always the big games that only get sold - someone on this very thread has put their tickets for Leicester and WBA up for sale. His WBA ticket has sold but the Leicester one hasn't (as of yesterday). Now, despite the Leicester tickets being more expensive I'm surprised he's managed to sell his WBA ticket and not his Leicester one because when you go on the planner there's shit loads more availability for WBA than there is for Leicester but either way he's sold his seat for a less in-demand game than the one where his seat hasn't sold. Yet you say the only ones of yours that sold on the ticket exchange last season were the derby and Arsenal. I've no reason to doubt you but it seems that you've been unlucky that others didn't get snapped up.

that is me and still the Leicester ticket has not been sold, I cannot see why club put the ticket up for 30 notes instead of 56 notes,it owes me 20 so they will still be having 10 and maybe someone will buy a couple of drinks and something to eat

On a Sat 12 - 30. or 3pm kick off what us the mad rush to get home .make a day of it

This. You've already planned to be at the match and set aside the time, so what is suddenly so important that you have to leave early? An half an hour later arriving home is surely neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things?

There is no difference between City fans and fans of other clubs in the desire to beat the 'rush'. That can be to get one of the first trams, to avoid the tailback at the lights, the jockeying to get out of a car park without damage to a car etc. One of my neighbours is a United season card holder and he leaves about 5 minutes before the end of their games along with hundreds of others according to him. Possibly as others have stated on here there could be a lot of early leavers in the family stand and that's right in the camera line. It would be understandable if families wanted to get clear before the rush starts and its not just one seat left it can easily be 3 or 4 and that stands out. Maybe that's one reason the club decided to attack that end in the first half when we win the toss.

From what I've read.

Pep doesn't like empty seats

The players are pissed off about it too

Fans are sick of Emtyhad jokes from their rag mates.

Doesn't look good on t.v

Season card holders are stopping other fans from going when they leave their seat empty.

Folk are pissed off as fans walk past them on 80odd mins as it blocks their view.

I get all that but as others have said, it's their prerogative - they have paid their dues.

As for your last line, I get more pissed off with;
a) those arriving late for kick off (no issue when it is genuine reasons though), but many are still on the concourse when the whistle blows
b) those setting off for a piss/pint at the 35 min mark
c) those staying on the concourse till after 2nd half starting and then deciding to take their seat

there is more disruption from that than those leaving early, I can assure you

Would people leave the grand national .the boat race or a pop concert or a boxing match with 15 min 2 go so they can beat the rush

Would people leave the grand national .the boat race or a pop concert or a boxing match with 15 min 2 go so they can beat the rush
There is no point in trying to rationalize their behaviour as the leavers have done this for themselves and to them its rational to leave early for their own reasons. You cannot physically stop people leaving early and to move the family section elsewhere would piss many off in the same way other fans have been frustrated when the club has moved them. We can play towards the south stand in the first half, sell new family season cards for the top rows in the stand only, change the seating for dark blue, grey and black with some kind of lettering/slogan and turn off the strong lighting above the seats for winter and night games. Oh and grow a thick skin we are still the 4th best supported team, have over 98% uptake on seat sales and the emptihaders say that because we are terrifying them.

I get all that but as others have said, it's their prerogative - they have paid their dues.

As for your last line, I get more pissed off with;
a) those arriving late for kick off (no issue when it is genuine reasons though), but many are still on the concourse when the whistle blows
b) those setting off for a piss/pint at the 35 min mark
c) those staying on the concourse till after 2nd half starting and then deciding to take their seat

there is more disruption from that than those leaving early, I can assure you

Virtual Reality is the answer mate, with computer generated crowd projected on to the seats with volume turned to full. Then we can all sit at home with our goggles on and never worry about the traffic, people obstructing views, emptyhad jibes, etc.

Never mind empty seats from early leavers, the ground is half empty when the teams come out and was even before the new security checks started.

Not sure why you wouldn't want to be there to watch and cheer the team coming out. People too interested in downing a pint or setting off on the last minute.

Not being funny, but yeah id rather finish my pint than watch some blokes walk onto a pitch and pretend to shake hands.

Its peoples right to leave early, blah blah blah, I get that.

It's also peoples right to moan at them, because there are a lot of fans who do make the sacrifice of extra two hours journey home, missing the trams, being stuck in traffic etc etc, and some of them do it specifically because the team, manager, and club want and need us to.

I quite like that fans moan at and about them, it's a healthy thing

When AJ retained his Heavyweight belt in Manchester last December I did haha. the fights had over run late and needed to get home.

But I understand you wouldnt miss these events if they were still in play.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.