City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Can we all just stay til the end on Tuesday please. I'm sure it's worth adding 10/30/60 mins or whatever to your trip home to give Zabs a proper send off. The lad deserves it.

I nearly always leave on 90 minutes but on Tuesday I will 100% stay 4 Zaba cause he has been fucking brilliant 4 us not the best player but fuck me I don't reckon I have seen another City player give more 4 the shirt .

I reckon most of the South Stand well certainly most in 217 will stay

Where do you join the M60? There's a few £5 car parks on Bradford Road and we use one of those. It's 10 minutes walk back from the stadium then you get straight out and either turn left and go into Manchester, which isn't too much of a problem or turn right and turn left onto Alan Turing Way to go up to Oldham Road. Or you go onto Varley St and onto Oldham Road that way. There'll be a bit of a hold-up of course but no more than 10 minutes at worst. For a 3pm kick-off, which finishes at ten to five, we stay to clap the team off and was back in Prestwich (when I lived there) within 30 minutes of starting the car. From there it's another 5 minutes to J17.
We usually hit the motorway at Denton. It can take 30 mins to get out of the estate sometimes. Haven't tried going the other way, through Manchester as I had imagined that would be even worse. We used to park at Ashton and get the tram in but that got binned after a safety incident at the start of this season. We will continue to experiment with the best way in and out next season. Thanks for your suggestions. Of the home games attended this season, we have left early a couple of times so I'm not a seriel offender by any means!

An 8:00 pm kick off means that those on the train will have no chance of catching last trains if they hang around A big mistake to not do anything yesterday All that was needed is for the players to go to dugouts get tops on grab a drink and gather with the rest of the squad and back room staff then start the lap as soon as possible. If no one at the club can see this then we have the wrong people in the department responsible

Where are all these fans travelling to missing last trains? Most trains servicing the Manchester and surrouding region run til nearly midnight shouldnt they?

I use just park in the estate opposite the etihad. If you factor in the length of time it takes to get out of the Etihad 10 - 15 mins then it regularly takes 60 - 65 minutes to get onto the m60 if we wait for the final whistle which I have done all season. Yesterday we left on 86 minutes and I was on the motorway within 13 minutes. Didn't feel right but I can understand why people do it. I lack local knowledge but If you can suggest better places to park that are 5 mins walk then that would be very welcome.

Arrr the mythical 5 min walk then away down clear highways sailing through green lights all he way home ... that's not been seen since Maine Rd with a short walk down to curry mile , kebab then sale straight home
There is no Such place and it's only going to get worse next year with the new restrictions.
Iv tried everything from car park , tram, train, drop off/ pick up, bus and it's a total nightmare getting away from the ground
Trams and train is dangerous with a little un, and older folk with the crushing on platforms and crammming on to carriages. Saw a bloke fall on the the train tracks last year only for the guys who carried him back onto the platform to be seconds away from a speeding on coming train. Saw two blokes cracking each other at the tram stop with no thought for the kids around them.

Can't for the life of me think why they can't put additional trams on running to ashton or at least double trams, a bit more order on the platforms wouldn't go a miss, iv missed a couple of trams due to people barging and pushing when iv been waiting there for 20 minutes as I won't fight through a crush to get on... last straw for the tram was when a van broke down on the line and was stuck on a cramed tram for 30 min not moving with 2 kids in tow

Until the issue of getting away safely and within a decent time frame are addresses I shal leave early when ever I feel like it and really don't give a flying fk what all the super fans think.
Wouldn't be half bad if there was somewhere in the area that you could mooch over to for some food like wilmslow road whilst waiting for the rush to die down or a lift to arrive. That city square don't cut it especially on a wet winters day

Last edited:
Yesterday was a joke, where are so many people needing to be at 2.15 on a saturday afternoon with the game still in the balance but hey you pay your money its every individuals choice...

It just looks shit

Arrr the mythical 5 min walk then away down clear highways sailing through green lights all he way home ... that's not been seen since Maine Rd with a short walk down to curry mile , kebab then sale straight home
There is no Such place and it's only going to get worse next year with the new restrictions.
Iv tried everything from car park , tram, train, drop off/ pick up, bus and it's a total nightmare getting away from the ground
Trams and train is dangerous with a little un, and older folk with the crushing on platforms and crammming on to carriages. Saw a bloke fall on the the train tracks last year only for the guys who carried him back onto the platform to be seconds away from a speeding on coming train. Saw two blokes cracking each other at the tram stop with no thought for the kids around them.

Can't for the life of me think why they can't put additional trams on running to ashton or at least double trams, a bit more order on the platforms wouldn't go a miss, iv missed a couple of trams due to people barging and pushing when iv been waiting there for 20 minutes as I won't fight through a crush to get on... last straw for the tram was when a van broke down on the line and was stuck on a armed tram for 30 min not moving with 2 kids in tow

Until the issue of getting away safely and within a decent time frame are addresses I shal leave early when ever I feel like it and really don't give a flying fk what all the super fans think.
Wouldn't be half bad if there was somewhere in the area that you could mooch over to for some food like wilmslow road whilst waiting for the rush to die down or a lift to arrive. That city square don't cut it especially on a wet winters day
The trams are a f*****ng disgrace. We stopped when my wife suffered a crush injury early this year. Metrolimk were happy to admit that there is a maximum number their carriage are supposed to take but they have no way of policing it. I used to use the tube extensively when I worked and believe me have never experienced anything as scary. On the small number of occasions we leave early, I do feel bad. But at the end of the day it's down to the choice of the individual.

Waited till the end yesterday, clapped the players off. Seriously all of them only ones left on the pitch were Leicester ones. The bonus was watching 3 minutes of synchronized grass mowing by the ground staff. Out of the ground and back home with no problems. Too many people think that the next thing they do is more important than what they are currently doing.

Can't for the life of me think why they can't put additional trams on running to ashton or at least double trams, a bit more order on the platforms wouldn't go a miss, iv missed a couple of trams due to people barging and pushing when iv been waiting there for 20 minutes as I won't fight through a crush to get on... last straw for the tram was when a van broke down on the line and was stuck on a cramed tram for 30 min not moving with 2 kids in tow

It's not mythical. I got the bus back after the game. It takes longer to walk to the bus stop than it does for the bus to get back into manchester. Try it and you'll see

Where are all these fans travelling to missing last trains? Most trains servicing the Manchester and surrouding region run til nearly midnight shouldnt they?

I'm in the midlands and last train is 22.07. Determined to stay so hopefully getting a lift up with someone who is staying for the lap.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.