City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Was not able to go to the palace match, wife went in my place. Watched it n TV, it was embarrassing empty seats all over the ground and with 10 mins to go 15,000 must have gone or were walking out. Stop singing about 60,000 empty seats at OT and give the people who walk out early stick, they are an embarrassment to the club.

You're an embarrassment

But what if you live in Scotland and waiting until the very end adds an hour to your already 4 hour drive back? Everybody has different circumstances mate.
But why would staying to the end add an hour? If you are clever about where you park, instead of just parking on the official car parks like the rest of the sheep, you can be in your car and on your way 20-25 minutes after the whistle blows.

no they werent offering you 6 tickets, you could buy six but if you had looked they would have been odd ones spotted around the ground from resales. It was sold out initially in March. The pricing policy may be wrong, but it has been the same for at least five years now back to the Cook days with hardly any change to prices, in fact I think this season has had more cheaper tickets with the south stand usually having £30 away blocks returned.and isnt the problem behind empty seats, if empty seats was a problem which it isn't.
Heres a thing I would say the £30 away tickets doesnt seem to have made much difference either as I have seen any decrease in the number of games the third tier hasnt gone back on sale to City fans, which has been good for us matchday fans, be interesting to know if the price cap has led to more away fans at all games not just ours.

Are £58 resales, in every seat, in every block, regardless of being on the front row of the lower tier, or in some of the best seats in the stadium. Come on! Let's not kid ourselves. Their were 100's of empty seats yesterday. Not 10', 25', 75, etc. They aren't all resales. And as other's have stated, City give 10's, if not 100's of tickets away to fill up seats that would otherwise remain empty as well.

What were all the empty seats against Palace then? Saturday, 12.30pm, kick off. More resales? There were 2 seats either side if me empty at that game. Again, I'm not arsed about empty seats, or the ridicule that brings on the club or the fans. If the club want to price matchday tickets accordingly, and that is just one of the consequences, so be it. I'm more arsed about City fans being priced out of watching City, due to ticket costs, and ticket pricing policies at City.

Can we all just stay til the end on Tuesday please. I'm sure it's worth adding 10/30/60 mins or whatever to your trip home to give Zabs a proper send off. The lad deserves it.

But why would staying to the end add an hour? If you are clever about where you park, instead of just parking on the official car parks like the rest of the sheep, you can be in your car and on your way 20-25 minutes after the whistle blows.
I use just park in the estate opposite the etihad. If you factor in the length of time it takes to get out of the Etihad 10 - 15 mins then it regularly takes 60 - 65 minutes to get onto the m60 if we wait for the final whistle which I have done all season. Yesterday we left on 86 minutes and I was on the motorway within 13 minutes. Didn't feel right but I can understand why people do it. I lack local knowledge but If you can suggest better places to park that are 5 mins walk then that would be very welcome.

Well mate, we must have a huge number of Scottish based fans!
Quite a few! seriously though, if we stop over we always wait until the end. If we are doing the round trip it is a temptation to miss the madness after the game.

I use just park in the estate opposite the etihad. If you factor in the length of time it takes to get out of the Etihad 10 - 15 mins then it regularly takes 60 - 65 minutes to get onto the m60 if we wait for the final whistle which I have done all season. Yesterday we left on 86 minutes and I was on the motorway within 13 minutes. Didn't feel right but I can understand why people do it. I lack local knowledge but If you can suggest better places to park that are 5 mins walk then that would be very welcome.
Where do you join the M60? There's a few £5 car parks on Bradford Road and we use one of those. It's 10 minutes walk back from the stadium then you get straight out and either turn left and go into Manchester, which isn't too much of a problem or turn right and turn left onto Alan Turing Way to go up to Oldham Road. Or you go onto Varley St and onto Oldham Road that way. There'll be a bit of a hold-up of course but no more than 10 minutes at worst. For a 3pm kick-off, which finishes at ten to five, we stay to clap the team off and was back in Prestwich (when I lived there) within 30 minutes of starting the car. From there it's another 5 minutes to J17.

I'm off to the airport at 02.30 on Wednesday to fly to Rhodes, staying as I always do will mean it's not worth bothering trying to even get a couple of hours kip when I get home, leaving on 85 minutes would be the smart move.

I'm going nowhere til I've said my goodbyes to Zaba.

Good man. You won't get to sleep anyway!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.