City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

I left just as Burnley scored on Monday, youngster about to puke over Row B in 221 and he had the sense to ask to go home.

What I was most surprised about was that with 15 minutes left was not the loads of selfie takers from the padded seats already outside but the number of people spilling out of the other stands racing down Joe Mercer Way to get to the car parks. These didn't look like tourists to me but people who go regularly, some were sat in their cars listening to the end of the game on the radio in the Cinnibar car park. I know traffic can be a bit of a drag but how much do you miss when you miss the last quarter an hour of every match..

I didn't think it was as bad yesterday. Bad but not as bad as usual. I sit near an exit on SS3 and there definitely wasnt as many people walking past.

I stay to the end because my son and I have made a 520 mile round trip to be there and being the tight Scottish bastard that I am, I need to get my full money's worth

We should merge this with the atmosphere thread and rename it the "shit fans" thread.

Serious mentality problem with City fans these days, i've even noticed it with my own friends and family. It's rife, whether people like it or not, and the leave on 80 minutes club, along with the general shite atmosphere, is all part of the same underlying issue. People blame ticket prices, but you're already in the ground, so completely irrelevant to atmosphere. Then, ironically, people leave 10 minutes early. You might get value for your money if you watched the whole game. Doesn't make sense.

I don't know if it's the price of success, but the mentality of the majority has changed. Saw both Pep and KdB trying to 'gee up' the crowd yesterday, but all I see is fans more arsed about drinking pre/post match, turning up late, leaving 5 mins before HT, returning late, leaving early. To be honest, the time they are in their seat, the majority don't understand what the fuck the manager is trying to do anyway and all I hear from them is "just get rid of it".

Love City, love watching City, but being on the terraces is shite these days.
Indeed. Does my head in, seemingly, as much as it does yours, Pep's, Kolarov's, Bravo's, de Bruyne's and probably everyone else.

You wouldn't walk out the cinema or a gig 5/10 mins before the end would you?!

Wembley 99 and QPR at home are two massive reasons to stay till the end. Embarrassing the amount of "fans" leaving from 75 mins onwards.

You wouldn't walk out the cinema or a gig 5/10 mins before the end would you?!

Wembley 99 and QPR at home are two massive reasons to stay till the end. Embarrassing the amount of "fans" leaving from 75 mins onwards.

You would if it was shit. Football should be viewed as no different. If you miss an important moment then that's their own fault but when winning 4-0 or losing 0-3 and no goals being scored from there on having any meaning on the game, i will always leave early.

You would if it was shit. Football should be viewed as no different. If you miss an important moment then that's their own fault but when winning 4-0 or losing 0-3 and no goals being scored from there on having any meaning on the game, i will always leave early.
Therefore you suck

If it bothers the manager so much, he needs to have a think about why it's happening and have a word with his bosses to get it sorted. Everyone's situation is different, but if it's true that leaving 5 mins early can knock up to an hour off the journey home (as some people have said in this thread), then it's understandable why it happens so much, especially when the result isn't in doubt.

Yes, some supporters could (and should) help themselves by parking further away, but it sticks in the throat a bit to have multi-millionaire employees of the club complaining about the supporters when they have absolutely no idea what real people go through to get to and from the game.

The metro situation, for one, is an absolute shambles and actively encourages people to leave early. What was the point of going to all that expense to have a line and station by the ground and then not use it properly to ferry people in and out in large numbers? If it's a finance issue, the club could easily subsidise it if it really wanted to, but they obviously can't be arsed.

We're very good a building nice-looking stadiums in England, but not quite so good at making them practical to get in and out of. In fact, it seems that little to no thought whatsoever goes into how to move tens of thousands of people quickly to and from these areas with the minimum fuss (the Olympic Stadium being the latest example). The attitude seems to be to just build these venues and then leave the fans to figure it all out themselves, usually at their own expense and inconvenience.

Like many on here, I've been to Germany several times with City and seen how it can be done when the clubs and relevant authorities actually put a little thought (and money) into it and treat football fans with the same kind of respect afforded to other members of society. Sadly, that seems to be too much to ask for in England.

It seems to be that one person gets up to leave around 85 minutes and then everyone else panicks and thinks "shit...he's going...I need to go aswell". All we need to do is identify that bloke and handcuff him to his seat. Sorted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.