City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

the other week, stayed till the end, just after 6pm, the stadium was still in view, and about 600 yards away, the traffic lights had been turned off, and we just sat looking at them for 1/2 hour, for the sake of 2 minutes football i would sooner leave than endure that, each to their own, but it's diabolical getting away from the ground. Considering the club couldnt be arsed to refund fans for the Gladbach game, and the queues for some turnstiles are diabolical meaning many have missed kick offs etc, then it cuts both ways, to continually moan at the fans is a bit tedious.
It's not for the sake of two minutes of football though is it. It's about staying for the players, they come appluad us we show apprecitation, one big love in etc etc..... I think it's a fair request from the team, it makes the players realise who they have to work hard for

I know how you feel though, was and am in the same position. But I read the how far do you live from the ground thread and there are a lot more that travel a bb greater distance and stay to the end despite the additional 1 or 2 hours it adds..... so fuck it, if they can I certainly can. Just have to have an extra bag of chips to make up for it.

It's not for the sake of two minutes of football though is it. It's about staying for the players, they come appluad us we show apprecitation, one big love in etc etc..... I think it's a fair request from the team, it makes the players realise who they have to work hard for

I know how you feel though, was and am in the same position. But I read the how far do you live from the ground thread and there are a lot more that travel a bb greater distance and stay to the end despite the additional 1 or 2 hours it adds..... so fuck it, if they can I certainly can. Just have to have an extra bag of chips to make up for it.

bless them, must be a woman to earn in 1/2 days, what it takes me all year to earn, but not to worry i will stay and clap them off, and then when i am getting home at one in the morning and up in 4 hours for work, and then doing 10 hours hard graft, i can be happy in the knowledge, i havnt hurt anyone's feelings, and as for the 100 quid it cost me to travel to the gladbach cancelled game with no refund, don't worry it's no problem, i can do some extra hours.

Monchengladbach away.
They must have had over a hundred bus's parked up waiting at the end of the game.
These were free and took you straight back to the Town Centre (Station)
Orderly queueing, fill one ( not cram one) and go.
What do we have, half a dozen bus's across the road run by clueless stewards.
Then driven down a road crowded with pedestrians and taxi's doing U Turns.
A Tram service which is a f*****g joke.
I can get to to the Mitchells Arms normal walking pace before a tram passes, yet two or three seem to go in the opposite direction.
As someone mentioned what was the point of building the station if they were going to provide such a crap service on match days.
Surely the club has some clout with GMC and get something sorted.
But then they only care about the corporates.

the other week, stayed till the end, just after 6pm, the stadium was still in view, and about 600 yards away, the traffic lights had been turned off, and we just sat looking at them for 1/2 hour, for the sake of 2 minutes football i would sooner leave than endure that, each to their own, but it's diabolical getting away from the ground. Considering the club couldnt be arsed to refund fans for the Gladbach game, and the queues for some turnstiles are diabolical meaning many have missed kick offs etc, then it cuts both ways, to continually moan at the fans is a bit tedious.

i dont know your circumstances, so you might need to park near the ground. but could you not just park a bit further away ?. i park at ashbury train stop, its a ten minute walk and i get out no problem, with pretty much no traffic. dont pay anything either.

i dont know your circumstances, so you might need to park near the ground. but could you not just park a bit further away ?. i park at ashbury train stop, its a ten minute walk and i get out no problem, with pretty much no traffic. dont pay anything either.

I usually walk back into town now but previously parked at Mecca bingo. 20 minute walk to analyse the match and then straight home down Hyde Road.

Everyones circumstances are different but I am sure, in many instances, a bit more walking and for many, the wait, would be less of an issue.

To be honest anyone who isn't disabled that parks in the official car parks either need their heads examined or should leave a flask and butties in the car to allow it to clear.

I walk past them after fighting to get out of SS3 which takes a fair while and walking round the ground every game to see car after car stuck in a miriad of queues with engines running going nowhere. If you need to get away park 5/10 walk from the ground.

To be honest anyone who isn't disabled that parks in the official car parks either need their heads examined or should leave a flask and butties in the car to allow it to clear.

I walk past them after fighting to get out of SS3 which takes a fair while and walking round the ground every game to see car after car stuck in a miriad of queues with engines running going nowhere. If you need to get away park 5/10 walk from the ground.

Sounds about right. I therefore think it means a lot do need their heads examined

I usually walk back into town now but previously parked at Mecca bingo. 20 minute walk to analyse the match and then straight home down Hyde Road.

Everyones circumstances are different but I am sure, in many instances, a bit more walking and for many, the wait, would be less of an issue.

exactly. if you have a reason, like being disabled or elderly then fair enough. but i dont know how any sane person could park in the stadium car park. i walk down past mary ds, and see all the cars outside gridlocked. if you walk a bit down the road there isn't any traffic at all.

We've always parked a10 min walk away, had a pint or two on the way, then headed in before kickoff, never left before the end, I quite enjoy the experience as it gives me plenty of opportunities to grab a few photos of the crowds as we flood out.
But I can understand why some people have to leave to avoid the rush, maybe if there was a concerted effort to provide a seamless transition to the transport hubs, as others have mentioned, we wouldn't have so many leaving

thought you'd stopped going

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.