City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

If it bothers the manager so much, he needs to have a think about why it's happening and have a word with his bosses to get it sorted. Everyone's situation is different, but if it's true that leaving 5 mins early can knock up to an hour off the journey home (as some people have said in this thread), then it's understandable why it happens so much, especially when the result isn't in doubt.

The metro situation, for one, is an absolute shambles and actively encourages people to leave early. What was the point of going to all that expense to have a line and station by the ground and then not use it properly to ferry people in and out in large numbers? If it's a finance issue, the club could easily subsidise it if it really wanted to, but they obviously can't be arsed.
That is the reason I usually go half way through added time from block 211. You have to get down the spiral and race round the ground to get a decent position in the Metrolink queue.

The announcements at the station are invariably inaccurate and lots of the trams are single units, I am willing to bet that they operate a completely different system at the Warwick Road (will not call it by it's new name) stop when the scum are playing at the swamp.

That is the reason I usually go half way through added time from block 211. You have to get down the spiral and race round the ground to get a decent position in the Metrolink queue.

The announcements at the station are invariably inaccurate and lots of the trams are single units, I am willing to bet that they operate a completely different system at the Warwick Road (will not call it by it's new name) stop when the scum are playing at the swamp.

Metro link we're tweeting about trams being put on for the last rags game. When I asked if the same will happen at City I didn't get a reply. I've only used the Met to get to the ground that has been a good service but I know from this Forum that there are problems getting away from the ground.

the other week, stayed till the end, just after 6pm, the stadium was still in view, and about 600 yards away, the traffic lights had been turned off, and we just sat looking at them for 1/2 hour, for the sake of 2 minutes football i would sooner leave than endure that, each to their own, but it's diabolical getting away from the ground. Considering the club couldnt be arsed to refund fans for the Gladbach game, and the queues for some turnstiles are diabolical meaning many have missed kick offs etc, then it cuts both ways, to continually moan at the fans is a bit tedious.

I stay to the end and amble down to Blue CP. If I wait until the majority have exited the car park I can sit in the car for 40+ mins. I've never nipped out five mins before to see if that made a difference. If yer 'barge' yer car nose in front of folk and try and nudge yer way in the queue, yer sit in the queue for ages, sit in the feeder road perpendicular to JMW, and then stew on Alan Turing Way. Then you can crawl all the way up Oldham Road to Broadway, where it thins out a bit. The 'match day experience' ends at the final whistle. Once in Blue CP it's the away day to traffic hell!

Ive never really paid attention, but does this happen at every other club? 85th minute without fail at ours there seems to be a silent fire alarm that only half the stadium can hear

Am surprised that no one has mentioned the fact that its disrespectful to those who are trying to watch the game and having their view spoilt whilst it also disadvantages the team.

Am surprised that no one has mentioned the fact that its disrespectful to those who are trying to watch the game and having their view spoilt whilst it also disadvantages the team.

fair point there mate.

I dont get this rush to be home personally, if I am going somewhere i allow for time to get there and to get back. If I go airport / city centre / work, it all takes time and is getting worse on the roads.

To me the most important thing to do when i have paid full price for my ticket is see the full game, i also like to clap the end ( some times more than other games ). It is not more important to be first on the metro or jump the lights or be home in half hour or get to the bar. Because of the stuff I do with flags i leave the stadium about 15 minutes after final whistle, it is no hassle at that time its pretty quiet around the stadium. More often than not i drive as home is 28 miles away. By the time i walk passed these traffic lights that people mention above, they are all flowing quite well on green. I walk for 10 or 12 minutes to my car, sit in a bit of traffic coming away but its no hassle. Then I am home an hour after leaving stadium.

All pretty good stuff really, seen all the game, had a natter with a few of the lads about the match, got home stress free. Isnt that what football is about, good day out ?

I was one of the many thousands that left early at the infamous Gillingham Wembley game (don't scold me I've beaten myself up many many times about this, so has my lad who I dragged out with me)....pissed off, utterly desolate, inconsolable, only to be one of the many thousands piling back in.

Lesson learned, have never left before the final whistle since. Felt like it at the QPR game though, same emotions, pissed off, utterly desolate and inconsolable, but stayed, sulking, and got my stay till the end reward!

I do understand people leaving early though as the infrastructure around the ground is pretty shite, but when the game is in the balance....? Don't get that at all.

I stay to the end and amble down to Blue CP. If I wait until the majority have exited the car park I can sit in the car for 40+ mins. I've never nipped out five mins before to see if that made a difference. If yer 'barge' yer car nose in front of folk and try and nudge yer way in the queue, yer sit in the queue for ages, sit in the feeder road perpendicular to JMW, and then stew on Alan Turing Way. Then you can crawl all the way up Oldham Road to Broadway, where it thins out a bit. The 'match day experience' ends at the final whistle. Once in Blue CP it's the away day to traffic hell!

I always stay until the game has finished as I have a disabled son , and getting out is easier once the rush has gone. I also have to park in the Blue CP and even 40 minutes or longer after the game has finished, getting out is a nightmare, and the traffic light system just compounds the problem.

I am sure that the Orange CP which appears now to cater solely for the convenience of the Executive Supporters is given priority over the other car parks ( even Disabled supporters ) so that they can get away as quickly as possible, whilst anybody who has to park in the Blue CP has to sit for up to an hour, which pisses me off.

I then travel to Sale which shouldn't be that onerous a journey, but after the Everton game I did not there until 19.15 which is just ridiculous.

So as you rightly say, the end of the game then becomes the start of a nightmare.

Whilst I don't leave early, I can understand why some do it. Getting away from the Offical CP's is a serious problem - and the club shows no interest in improving it for the non- Executive Fans imo.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.