City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

It actually does make you a bad fan. If city are at home I will be there no matter what competition!

That is YOUR choice. MY choice is to spend what I spend, when I want to, watching footy is a hobby for me and many others, I have a family and lots of other things to do with my life, if you genuinely believe that makes someone a bad fan then fair enough but you couldn't be more wrong mate.

The only option now is compulsory CL tickets with the season ticket.

£53 for a bundle of 3 group games and thousands didn’t bother.

Then the seasoncard is cancelled, why should anyone be forced to attend a game they don't want to go to?

Tonight there we 1000s of empty seats, it’s mid week, people work today and tomorrow, kids have school who wouldn’t be getting home until 11pm possibly. Factor in cost of tickets, transport probably have to buy food because you’ve missed your tea in trying to get to the stadium, less tourists during* the week this coupled with the attitude towards the champions league and you can see why people don’t want to go. I don’t know what the solution is, we want local,fans to go but do they have the disposable income that glory hunters have ? if you want to fill it full of happy clappers week in week out that’s going to be another 20 years of building a fan base to try to get anywhere near what united and Liverpool get.

I’d rather we had another 10,000 tourists to fill the ground mate.

That's great, don't look at the problem, just force fans to go so we don't get piss take call ins on talksport and tweets from united fans. Brilliant.

It impacts the mood, vibe and atmosphere around the stadium. That impacts the team.

More to it than banter.

It impacts the mood, vibe and atmosphere around the stadium. That impacts the team.

More to it than banter.

so lets increase the prices and price out the very people who create the atmosphere. if anything it would just piss more people off and make city fans dislike the champions league even more

More to it than banter.

Then provide a solution to why the mood, vibe and atmosphere around the stadium is not great, forcing people to experience the things that is putting them off attending in the first place will not help.

The club is a business at the end of the day, if people don't pay for or watch Sky TV, they don't force people to continue watching it and raise the price. Common sense and perspective needed.

The simple fact is, the club do not care one bit. As long as they meet their financial targets, it's high fives all round.

Was my lads first midweek game in school time, I'm not not with his mother. Had to get him back here to Holmfirth and I've to get him to school for bang on 8:45am in the morning which is an hours drive from here and if I mess it up i'll never be able to take him to midweeks on a school night again. Had a nightmare with relocation also but persevered.

But we went. Each to their own nobody can force you to go to a game that's for sure.
But when it comes to QF's and Semis everyone jumps on it and the tickets wanted threads are being smashed with no excuses for those games.
The third tiers looked shocking, opening group game.
If we make a CL Final sorry WHEN we make a CL Final I think the interest in the Competition will all of a sudden spike lol.

Last edited:
So there we have it, folks.
Difficult to get tickets ./
Shit website ./
Queues of over an hour to buy on the phone ./
Awful transport links for miles around the ground, with many having no option to "get there early" with, you know, having to actually work for a living ./

Leads to:
Empty seats ./
More tourists ./
Shit atmosphere ./

Did someone say the club have lost touch with the regular matchgoing fan? Well if they don't make an effort to at least keep the ones we've got, tonight was a vision of the very near future.
What will the club do when the tourists who replace the "traditional" fans have all had their days out and decide after a night like that, it was overpriced and dull and decide to go somewhere else next time?

That's great, don't look at the problem, just force fans to go so we don't get piss take call ins on talksport and tweets from united fans. Brilliant.
They won't go, they'll cancel their SCs and there'll be even more empty seats.

I don't think he's thought this through..... ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.