City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

I was in 215 tonight and it was s very strange atmosphere. Sat beside young locals, it seemed, who barely reacted to anything on the pitch. Didn’t even talk to one another or discuss what was going on.
It’s all very subdued. Weird in fact for s football match.

All the top tier on both sides of the ground were well over half empty. I’m sure above me in the SS3 must have been similar.

I think Last year’s quarter final was the last straw for a lot of people with this competition and they’ve given up on it but what do you do to rectify things?

It’s become a vicious circle that is a monkey on the back of the club.
The owners want it, but the fans hate it because it’s corrupt and self serving.
The players sense it, Pep knows it, but we must win it to change the attitude.

We won’t be allowed win it because we the fans treat it with disdain. This makes us treat it with more disdain because it proves we’re right, which in turn is counterproductive for the team and club in general.

Where do you go with this?

One thing I know is, if I could have got two PL tickets together for any home game, I wouldn’t have been here midweek for UCL either.

Anyway. Rant over. I’m going to bed.

Mate of mine has a young lad who trains with city on a Monday night. Told me tonight that on Monday they couldn’t give tickets away. They were basically saying anybody there could have as many tickets as they wanted

I was in 215 tonight and it was s very strange atmosphere. Sat beside young locals, it seemed, who barely reacted to anything on the pitch. Didn’t even talk to one another or discuss what was going on.
It’s all very subdued. Weird in fact for s football match.

All the top tier on both sides of the ground were well over half empty. I’m sure above me in the SS3 must have been similar.

I think Last year’s quarter final was the last straw for a lot of people with this competition and they’ve given up on it but what do you do to rectify things?

It’s become a vicious circle that is a monkey on the back of the club.
The owners want it, but the fans hate it because it’s corrupt and self serving.
The players sense it, Pep knows it, but we must win it to change the attitude.

We won’t be allowed win it because we the fans treat it with disdain. This makes us treat it with more disdain because it proves we’re right, which in turn is counterproductive for the team and club in general.

Where do you go with this?

One thing I know is, if I could have got two PL tickets together for any home game, I wouldn’t have been here midweek for UCL either.

Anyway. Rant over. I’m going to bed.

same as a prem match then. i had the same experience tbh. i was sat near who said/ did nothing. they didnt react to anything. they were like robots. why even go to the game ?

The only option now is compulsory CL tickets with the season ticket.

£53 for a bundle of 3 group games and thousands didn’t bother.

I'm working tonight and in the CL cup scheme, I have a ticket and couldn't go, please tell me how making this a compulsory purchase along with my season card will boost attendances?

Mate of mine has a young lad who trains with city on a Monday night. Told me tonight that on Monday they couldn’t give tickets away. They were basically saying anybody there could have as many tickets as they wanted

yet on the ticket website you couldn't get two seats together yesterday in the first tier... the club are fleecing us here and giving tickets to corporates and focusing on everything other then our for fan base

I took my nephew tonight, the atmosphere was shit and the game was shit.

I asked all of the lads who I usually go to the game with and none of them could be arsed.

I’m not having the cost / traffic / time with family thing, because I guarantee every single person on here would find the money, suffer the traffic and sacrifice the time with their families if it was a derby or a league game, or a semi final against Barca or whatever.

What the problem is, is apathy. People just aren’t arsed. They’d rather play Facebook or watch it at home and text their mates.

Liverpool, United and other clubs all have their fair share of fans who aren’t too well off. They also have family commitments, busy lives, tough jobs etc. But they all turn up for the CL, exactly the same as they would for a league game.

Our fans don’t face any extra burden than fans of those other clubs face. The only difference is, our fans simply aren’t arsed about the CL and their fans are.

I took my nephew tonight, the atmosphere was shit and the game was shit.

I asked all of the lads who I usually go to the game with and none of them could be arsed.

I’m not having the cost / traffic / time with family thing, because I guarantee every single person on here would find the money, suffer the traffic and sacrifice the time with their families if it was a derby or a league game, or a semi final against Barca or whatever.

What the problem is, is apathy. People just aren’t arsed. They’d rather play Facebook or watch it at home and text their mates.

Liverpool, United and other clubs all have their fair share of fans who aren’t too well off. They also have family commitments, busy lives, tough jobs etc. But they all turn up for the CL, exactly the same as they would for a league game.

Our fans don’t face any extra burden than fans of those other clubs face. The only difference is, our fans simply aren’t arsed about the CL and their fans are.

Liverpool and United have the small matter of probably ten times as many fans as us to pull from. Everything you mention above applies to local Liverpool and United fans. The only difference with us is we don't have the fans they do to replace the fans who show apathy.

yet on the ticket website you couldn't get two seats together yesterday in the first tier... the club are fleecing us here and giving tickets to corporates and focusing on everything other then our for fan base
And tonight they got exactly what they deserve. This has been building off the pitch for a long time, and it's only going to get worse.
Am I the only one who regularly fills in their surveys with the chorus of "Nothing ever happens" by Del Amitri going around my head?

And tonight they got exactly what they deserve. This has been building off the pitch for a long time, and it's only going to get worse.
Am I the only one who regularly fills in their surveys with the chorus of "Nothing ever happens" by Del Amitri going around my head?

i agree. i dont just think its champions league apathy either. i think a lot of city fans go out of habit and the actual match day experience is shite. i hate the corporate bowl that out stadium has become. tonight didnt even feel like going to a city match. it felt like a corporate event for tourists. it makes me think what is the point in going to matches.

the club couldn't less about its core fan base

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.