City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

One of the mods (probably sensibly) locked the thread last night to stop it descending into petty arguments and point-scoring, but I thought it was a topic that merited a sensible discussion. It's something that even the manager has talked about, after all.

Obviously it's personal choice, and it's not for people to tell others what to do. I find it a bit odd that people could leave with the game so finely poised, but each to their own. I just wonder if the club could do more to help alleviate the problem as the cause is obvious (namely congestion in the North Car Park and queues for public transport). Someone in a separate threads mentioned keeping facilities open in the ground after the game, so that people could grab a drink or food whilst the traffic disperses, rather than the mad dash that currently exists. Not sure if there's a health and safety risk with that though?
Normally park in Clayton and walk there after the game but have gone on the tram a couple of times recently. As there is huge queues to get on the tram at the very end, thought I'd hang around a bit until it clears, so no rush. I was shocked at how soon they are rounding you up and getting you out, it would be nice to watch some review of the game and have a beer. Hung around City square but it's outside and cold, surely there must be some facilities for people to have a beer inside with all that space round the ground. Some kind of beerhall with decent beer and even food would make a killing before and after the game. No need for the rush.

Same old same old, poor fans need to get home to carry on living their depressing miserable lives haha. Funny how at away games it doesn't happen, different breed of fan.

Find it better staying till the end having a drink and then making my way home, works out roughly the same but with zero stress.

Why anyone would leave when we are chasing a winner is just pathetic, should question if your heart is really in it anymore and can justify the cost?

This is straight up but I know one bloke who often leaves 10 minutes or so before the end, goes back to where his car is parked, and then waits in the car for his mate who sits next to him in the ground and who normally stays until the end, before giving him a lift home. Now what the fuck is that all about?

This is straight up but I know one bloke who often leaves 10 minutes or so before the end, goes back to where his car is parked, and then waits in the car for his mate who sits next to him in the ground and who normally stays until the end, before giving him a lift home. Now what the fuck is that all about?

probably warming the car up for his mate 8-)

They're missing an absolute fortune in my opinion. Always thought the club could build a food court somewhere on the collar site, where people can get a sit down snack and a hot drink under cover after the game. A bit like at the Trafford Centre.

Personally, I wait until the end of the lawn-mowing, so you're all early leavers to me
Perhaps they could give it an appropriate name like say City Sq?

I think City Square could be better, looking at the number of new flats around there and a lack of pubs the club could look at a proper bar on there. Folk would stay around after games as it'd be warmer than sitting outside and I'm sure it'd be busy at other times (the Velodrome cafe seems to do alright). Given the queues for a pint/food in the stadium the club are missing out on easy money with this side of things.

The leaving early does p*ss me off mainly as I'm on the end of a block and spend the last 10-15 minutes of each half having to move for people rather than watching the match.

Perhaps they could give it an appropriate name like say City Sq?
Needs to be indoors, really. Don't half feel the cold when you get older. What I really want is one of them Lay-Z-Boy chairs and a foot massage off Miss Pike, but I'll settle for a hot brew indoors.

It's not going to change. Those who have done it for years will continue to do so regardless of how they are perceived by the great and good of Bluemoon.
Even if the traffic situation was better, the public transport links faultless those who have got themselves into the habit won't be breaking it.
There will also be many with genuine reasons such as work to get to or family matters to attend.
It isn't great and there's been occasions where it's looked awful when glancing around the stadium on 89 minutes, but I find it really hard to worry too much about something that has gone on forever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.