City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

As already mentioned.FA Cup ties at home.-----Didn't Wolves , Leeds and others get 6,000 away tickets-------filled the SS.

Actually, it's not a terrible idea. We do it for FA Cup games.

Although, for the other "Big 6" clubs, then we could probably sell it out ourselves. Then we can just still stick to 3000 for those ****s and open it up to Newcastle etc, who we possibly wouldn't sell out for...?

Would create a better atmosphere.

City fans like a vocal challenge.

It is a terrible idea for all sorts of reasons....

We are looking to increase OUR support and not to artifically increase it by allowing more away fans in as clubs like Wigan & Blackburn used to do.

The games where the away clubs would bring 6000 fans as the ones that would be full houses anyway with 3000 away fans...Rags, Dippers, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal etc.

SS3 is currently the best part of the stadium for atmosphere anyway generally (I'm in 316) and I can't see a mass exodus to an enlarged NS. With this idea 4,500 current seasoncard holders would have to be forcibly evicted as 6000 seats would have to be reserved for the handful of games each season where the away team would bring 6000.

It's a fucking awful suggestion but luckily I highly doubt the club would consider it for a millisecond.

Edit: We do it for domestic cup games because we have to. All clubs get a higher allocation so turning SS3 over to away fans is the only option. We also get higher allocations, which is a major benefit as we seem to be drawn away a lot.

Last edited:
As already mentioned.FA Cup ties at home.-----Didn't Wolves , Leeds and others get 6,000 away tickets-------filled the SS.
Im not questioning the fact a fair few clubs could fill it but is that something you would really want? The times we have given up the whole of the third tier (Bristol, Wolves, Huddersfield...etc) they have been the loudest away fans we have had in recent years, granted they were all cup games. Surely the whole point is to help OUR atmosphere and this would make it worse IMO.

Last edited:
"I suggested level 3 for away fans. A portion of it for smaller clubs, all of SS3 for clubs that can fill it. What's wrong with that? Especially if we are to gets single tier North stand for home fans".

Did you not read this?

If the capacity increases to around the 63k mark, simple maths gives us blues 57k based on clubs getting 6k away allocation.

Do you think we can regularly get 57 thousand actual attending supporters through the doors as it is now? Or 60 thousand based on away clubs getting 3k allocation. I don't as it happens.

Not as bizzare an idea as what you're suggesting mate, unless you still think otherwise.

You don’t half make some awful posts.

You were claiming the CL game the other day was full of gaps and completely shut up about it when photographic evidence was provided which proved otherwise.

We sell out every single league game.

We sell out every weekend FA Cup game.

We sell out every big CL game.

We have some empty seats in league games due to people not turning up who are season ticket holders. Go on the OS now and have a look at the availability against Bournemouth. There’s absolutely nothing apart from singles on the ticket exchange.

For what it’s worth, here’s another pic of the game you said was absolutely full of gaps which resulted in you calling another blue a ‘bertie’ for saying it wasn’t.

162-F0568-85-D8-445-F-832-B-E3177417-CFF8.jpg

You don’t half make some awful posts.

You were claiming the CL game the other day was full of gaps and completely shut up about it when photographic evidence was provided which proved otherwise.

We sell out every single league game.

We sell out every weekend FA Cup game.
What block do you observe a jam packed crowd every game from in the stadium, or is your post based on one carefully selected picture?

What block do you observe a jam packed crowd every game from in the stadium, or is your post based on one carefully selected picture?

Again,

Empty seats in league games are the result of season ticket holders not being in attendance.

Again,

Go and look at the ticket availability vs Bournemouth. Only single seats on ticket exchange are available in odd blocks.

The picture is carefully selected?

It shows our Family Stand in full and a full side stand in full with even the third tier 99% full. If you’d been to the game you’d also know that tiers 2 & 3 of the away section was sold out to City fan as well.

Says a lot when we’re filling up the away section with blues, on top of our usual sales, rather than, you know, giving the away fans 3 thousand more seats.

I just can't see the need for a further expansion yet. They are going to have to be creative to find ways to fill 8000 more seats for your regular league game and your group stage Champions League game.

Is it better to have the seats there so they can be filled so we aren't locking people out for big games? Probably. But the feeling that you're rattling around an empty stadium puts me off it big style.

At least we might be nearly symmetrical though which is a big plus for my OCD!

I just can't see the need for a further expansion yet. They are going to have to be creative to find ways to fill 8000 more seats for your regular league game and your group stage Champions League game.

Is it better to have the seats there so they can be filled so we aren't locking people out for big games? Probably. But the feeling that you're rattling around an empty stadium puts me off it big style.

At least we might be nearly symmetrical though which is a big plus for my OCD!
When all the league games are sell outs it's time to extend the ground. That's the only way to add more supporters.

The only league game where you can buy seats together this side of Christmas is Everton...and that's in the away allocation they haven't taken up.

I hate going to those midweek games when the ground hasn't been full eg Fulham and Lyon but the way to get more match-going fans is to make the ground bigger. The only ticket availability is for midweek Cup games, and those are difficult to few and far between.

Are you just trying to wum me or what?

I will ask you again for the final time, which block do you watch the game from? I'm in 329 this season. I'll tell you what I'll meet up at a game and I'll point out all the empty seats that you simply cannot see or refuse to see.

I'm not going to keep arguing with an idiot so answer my question or just fuck off.

You’re hard to keep up with. Sometimes you say you go to games, sometimes you don’t.

And when did I say there weren’t empty seats? I’ve mentioned 3 times now that there are at many League games due to season ticket holders not turning up.

That CL game, which you said you didn’t go to was 99% full and you’re even saying that had loads of gaps. Then when evidence is presented to you that’s dismissed as well.

If you remember, there were the same empty seats BEFORE we extended the South Stand, and yet we now get bigger crowds for the vast majority of games than was possible before the expansion. Using your logic we’d have never have extended the South Stand in the first place.

Jesus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.