City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

What block do you observe a jam packed crowd every game from in the stadium, or is your post based on one carefully selected picture?

In fact, the "carefully selected" picture doesn't really do it justice, because the block of approx 25-odd seats to the front of the lower tier actually filled up about 20mins into the game (for some bizarre reason)..

Not sure what all the fuss is about, fans have always left early, remember back in the days fans used to start leaving 10 mins early to get the bus back to town the only thing being, is that leaving the old Kippax nothing was obvious, nowadays because there is a vacant seat it is more visible. If this is now the only thing we as fans should worry about we have indeed come a very long way since the old days.

As the late great Terry Wogan used to say: Is it me? The reason I ask that question is because, I pay for my season card to go and WATCH a football match. I don't pay however much a year/game to go and check/watch how many empty seats there are!! I never notice the seats, empty or otherwise, because I am concentrating on the game. Why pay money to count empty seats? For the same reason I very rarely think to get my phone out to take photos. Just sometimes at the CL matches where the players warm up in front of us and one day I will get a photo of VK warming up!!! :-) As I say; Is it me? Am I out of sync with the rest of the world/City fans?

I get the people leaving early bits if you are sitting on a row where people are constantly disturbing you to get out early, plus if you sit on the end of the row (as I do) everyone who is leaving disturbs you. So that can be annoying but they are the ones missing out.

A video going round of the dipper v Fulham game which exposes the myth about their atmosphere. You can hear the players shouting.
You can all the time! The week-to-week Anfield atmosphere is one of the biggest myths in football. After their plastic sing-along with the tannoy system (cheesy football karaoke does not equate to an atmosphere, btw) to YNWA, it's as quiet as any ground in the country.

What they do have is this huge stand where 12500 people are stood together. So, for the big games, they can get a big noise going and like a front man to a band the rest of the ground can join in. And to be fair to them they do get a brilliant atmosphere going in big games. No other stadium in the Prem has it like their scale compared to overall capacity (12500 of 54000 = 23%). A PROPER one-tier'd vocal stand! Some lower league clubs have it at a bigger scale to overall capacity than Anfield does, at Bramall Lane for example (14000 one tier behind the goal in a 32500 stadium = 43%!)...

But i reckon the Etihad must rank in the bottom few of the top 7 or 8 leagues in the country for that vocal stand to capacity ratio. If we say SSL1 holds 3000 of 55000, we have about 5.5% of our stadium for vocal fans.

If we had something in the region of 43% of our stadium being a vocal stand could you imagine the fucking noise we'd make?..

When Maine Road was first built we had a 35000 Kippax in an 85000 stadium = 41%!

I wonder if some of the fans that come late, leave 10 mins before half time for a pint, leave 10 mins before the end, are the same fans that when they see a mosaic laid out in the stands rather than pick it up and hold it like fans around them they cant be arsed and just look around.

A full house makes a much better atmosphere plus it great to see players celebrating with the fans in front of a full house at the end of the game .If people chose to arive late or leave early it is there choice and nowt to do with anyone else .

I wonder if some of the fans that come late, leave 10 mins before half time for a pint, leave 10 mins before the end, are the same fans that when they see a mosaic laid out in the stands rather than pick it up and hold it like fans around them they cant be arsed and just look around.
Not sure but if they ariving late and leaving early they will miss a few goals during the season

If we had something in the region of 43% of our stadium being a vocal stand could you imagine the fucking noise we'd make?
About as much as we did on Sunday I expect, when pretty much everyone joined in numerous times, as they often do in big games.

Anyone who thinks that we'll ever get that when 5-0 up against Fulham or Huddersfield or whoever, is deluding themselves, and the Maine Road myth is just that, it was as quiet as anywhere on most occasions, just good for big games (when we weren't getting beat - or conversely when we were getting an early hammering, and the only thing to do was make a night of it).

Not sure what all the fuss is about, fans have always left early, remember back in the days fans used to start leaving 10 mins early to get the bus back to town the only thing being, is that leaving the old Kippax nothing was obvious, nowadays because there is a vacant seat it is more visible. If this is now the only thing we as fans should worry about we have indeed come a very long way since the old days.
Exactly.

A full house makes a much better atmosphere plus it great to see players celebrating with the fans in front of a full house at the end of the game .If people chose to arive late or leave early it is there choice and nowt to do with anyone else .
Bang on the button.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.