City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Been saying this since we moved there in 2003, then again from the takeover in 2008, then again when we expanded the South Stand a few years ago... it’s never been right at this stadium.

1. Home fans should have a proper side or end (not just a few blocks, or a block, as an afterthought)
2. Away fans should not be seen on tele
3. Family Stand should not be seen on tele
4. Corporate areas should not be anywhere near the vocal section (looks absolutely shit when we do a display in South Stand Level 1 and the corporate bit above is completely empty)
5. The club should never have any of their own club-made flags on the pitch, and we should never have any club-made displays (all banners, flags and displays should be in the stands and done by the fans ONLY or not at all!)
Good post.

Unfortunately for us attending supporters, The club want the advertising revenue from the digital display circling the top of level one far more than they want any home made flags there.

But to compensate, they have flags available to wave from wheelie bins on the concourse of SS level one as to enhance the aesthetics of sponsors and TV viewers.

1894 group do a great job as does the lower Eaststand corner, but the biggest problem is having away fans sandwiched in between. Get them out of the way(Newcastle style) in the gods of SS3. I'd even suggest allocating the entire SS3 to bigger clubs that can fill it.

The club cannot manufacture a 'match day experience' no matter how hard they try. The noise created comes naturally from the supporters getting excited. But due to the reasons you have mentioned PS(plus a few more) the atmosphere is dissipating more each season to become more theatre like of approving a goal with apathetic applause, even when we score a belter. I want to leap of of my fuckin' seat and go beserk every time we score without some po faced **** looking at me as though I'm an idiot. This is a football match not a fuckin' wake! Fuck me, the boring pair of old ****s next to me remind me of Statler and Waldorf from the fuckin' Muppet show, sat there grumpy and disinterested all game. I have to prod Waldorf every 20 minutes to make sure he hasn't croaked!

No way should the away fans get the whole of SS3, they would completely drown out any home support. When SS3 start singing it comes across much louder than anywhere else in the ground, it spreads alot easier.

No way should the away fans get the whole of SS3, they would completely drown out any home support. When SS3 start singing it comes across much louder than anywhere else in the ground, it spreads alot easier.
Has anyone suggested that? Wouldn't happen any way first it's too big secondly some away fans have to be pitch side. I don't see any reason to change them from where they are now really, especially if the new North stand becomes the home / singing end.

Has anyone suggested that? Wouldn't happen any way first it's too big secondly some away fans have to be pitch side. I don't see any reason to change them from where they are now really, especially if the new North stand becomes the home / singing end.
I suggested level 3 for away fans. A portion of it for smaller clubs, all of SS3 for clubs that can fill it. What's wrong with that? Especially if we are to gets single tier North stand for home fans.

"some away fans have to be pitch side". Why?...They are in the gods at Newcastle, as far from the pitch as possible, and no away fans are pitch side at the swamp.

The club have one chance to get this right, even if it means fans moving in order to get it right. I did 2 seasons in North stand lower, wasn't too chuffed to have to move to make way for the family stand, but moving to be in 109 turned out a better move for me. I did 4 seasons in there before I decided to move to sit next to my mate in East stand level 3. If and when the North stand single tier gets built, I'll most probably move there, and stay there.

I suggested level 3 for away fans. A portion of it for smaller clubs, all of SS3 for clubs that can fill it. What's wrong with that? Especially if we are to gets single tier North stand for home fans.

"some away fans have to be pitch side". Why?...They are in the gods at Newcastle, as far from the pitch as possible, and no away fans are pitch side at the swamp.

The club have one chance to get this right, even if it means fans moving in order to get it right. I did 2 seasons in North stand lower, wasn't too chuffed to have to move to make way for the family stand, but moving to be in 109 turned out a better move for me. I did 4 seasons in there before I decided to move to sit next to my mate in East stand level 3. If and when the North stand single tier gets built, I'll most probably move there, and stay there.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/445378

Why would we give any away club 6000 tickets when the maximum we have to currently is 3000? What a bizarre idea.

Why would we give any away club 6000 tickets when the maximum we have to currently is 3000? What a bizarre idea.
"I suggested level 3 for away fans. A portion of it for smaller clubs, all of SS3 for clubs that can fill it. What's wrong with that? Especially if we are to gets single tier North stand for home fans".

Did you not read this?

If the capacity increases to around the 63k mark, simple maths gives us blues 57k based on clubs getting 6k away allocation.

Do you think we can regularly get 57 thousand actual attending supporters through the doors as it is now? Or 60 thousand based on away clubs getting 3k allocation. I don't as it happens.

Not as bizzare an idea as what you're suggesting mate, unless you still think otherwise.

"I suggested level 3 for away fans. A portion of it for smaller clubs, all of SS3 for clubs that can fill it. What's wrong with that? Especially if we are to gets single tier North stand for home fans".

Did you not read this?

If the capacity increases to around the 63k mark, simple maths gives us blues 57k based on clubs getting 6k away allocation.

Do you think we can regularly get 57 thousand actual attending supporters through the doors as it is now? Or 60 thousand based on away clubs getting 3k allocation. I don't as it happens.

Not as bizzare an idea as what you're suggesting mate, unless you still think otherwise.
Actually, it's not a terrible idea. We do it for FA Cup games.

Although, for the other "Big 6" clubs, then we could probably sell it out ourselves. Then we can just still stick to 3000 for those ****s and open it up to Newcastle etc, who we possibly wouldn't sell out for...?

Would create a better atmosphere.

City fans like a vocal challenge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.