City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Bloody hell mate that was some trek you used to have.True Blue. ;)

I just loved it then and we weren't great although we weren't as bad as we have been on occasion, Howard Kendall was the manager, then Peter Reid so we were half decent at times. I think there are a group who travel up from Kent now on a regular basis, at the time I didn't know any Blues down there so it had to be the London supporters club to cut the cost. I was a lot younger then of course which helps lol!

Kudos though to any Blues who travel like this every game as I know how hard it is.

I'd call that BS, he had to bend his legs to avoid it..... said for a long time we need video replays

he was therefore interfering with play (In Willie's line of sight) and in an OS position... right?
Video replays? Terrible idea. With video replays, we don't win the 2012 game against QPR, simple as. I wouldn't trade that memory for quids, as the Aussies say. Only home game I've thought about leaving early, as well, just to bring it back on topic.

full marks to them though for getting here at all. I can say hand on heart I wouldn't drive up from the south coast every week to watch a game.
Me and my son make about 6/7 games a season and we make a weekend of it sometimes stay in a hotel and go out in town sometimes stay with my parents.
Point is beacause its a long travel maybe we are more inclined to make the most of it we get there early and stay 'til the end. Less reason to be in a rush, whereas somebody that has been going week in week out for years, they have lost that sense of occasion and it becomes for want of a better word a habit and sometimes a chore, and unless everything is wonderful don't mind wandering off early.
It was just a reply to poster that suggested those with further to travel were the ones leaving early, from what I see its regulars as I nearly missed the equalizer as they stood saying their goodbyes to their mates in front of us.
You say you wouldnt drive a distance every week, but I can guarantee that time away and less games you would make the effort. Distance does make the heart grow fonder. That and watching my son grow up as a blue.

Video replays? Terrible idea. With video replays, we don't win the 2012 game against QPR, simple as. I wouldn't trade that memory for quids, as the Aussies say. Only home game I've thought about leaving early, as well, just to bring it back on topic.
The hardest game I've ever watched but not once did I consider leaving... it felt like our destiny and boy was it worth the wait....

Remind me why video playback would have stopped us winking? The SWP non foul at the end?? Can't quite remenber... it's a blur

The hardest game I've ever watched but not once did I consider leaving... it felt like our destiny and boy was it worth the wait....

Remind me why video playback would have stopped us winking? The SWP non foul at the end?? Can't quite remenber... it's a blur
I was so disappointed. 30 years going and that was the day we stopped being typical City, or so I thought! Anyway, my boy insisted we stay and the rest is history, as they say. As for video replays: Kompany holding QPR defender as Dzeko scored. Tevez might have gone off with Barton but still ages left so don't know what impact that would have had.

I was so disappointed. 30 years going and that was the day we stopped being typical City, or so I thought! Anyway, my boy insisted we stay and the rest is history, as they say. As for video replays: Kompany holding QPR defender as Dzeko scored. Tevez might have gone off with Barton but still ages left so don't know what impact that would have had.

We would also have had at least one penalty, the one Onuoha punched away, a clear penalty all day long.

Me and my son make about 6/7 games a season and we make a weekend of it sometimes stay in a hotel and go out in town sometimes stay with my parents.
Point is beacause its a long travel maybe we are more inclined to make the most of it we get there early and stay 'til the end. Less reason to be in a rush, whereas somebody that has been going week in week out for years, they have lost that sense of occasion and it becomes for want of a better word a habit and sometimes a chore, and unless everything is wonderful don't mind wandering off early.
It was just a reply to poster that suggested those with further to travel were the ones leaving early, from what I see its regulars as I nearly missed the equalizer as they stood saying their goodbyes to their mates in front of us.
You say you wouldnt drive a distance every week, but I can guarantee that time away and less games you would make the effort. Distance does make the heart grow fonder. That and watching my son grow up as a blue.
Good on you fella.

By your analysis, the title wouldn't have gone down to the last game because Manure won several points with dives in the last weeks of the season.

By your analysis, the title wouldn't have gone down to the last game because Manure won several points with dives in the last weeks of the season.
Nobody will ever know I suppose. What is probably undeniable is that, with video replays, Aguero (93.20) very probably wouldn't have happened and that would be a terrible thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.