City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

That timing begs the question, when did you leave the ground?
The match kicked off at 4:30, and, allowing 15 minutes for half time and the 6 minutes added time in both halves, that means the earliest the match could have finished would have been 6:21. That time does not include the time wasting at throw ins, goal kicks, etc, so it was probably well gone 6:30 before the final whistle blew.
I always leave at the final whistle and got back to my car on Clayton Lane at almost exactly 7:00pm, and phoned my daughter at 7:03 - it's a ritual we have after every match for me to phone just after I set off.
I'm not trying to get into a debate over leaving early or not - that's your personal choice, and I have great respect for you from travelling so far for each home match, but I question your timings in this instance - it just doesn't add up!
We had bought tickets for a gig in Otley starting at 8:00 back in November. Then the bastards moved the kick off to Sunday at 4:30.

For the first time ever I did leave the match around three to four minutes early (watching it on my iPad) and was on the East bound Metrolink platform by around 6:30 just as the final whistle went. We got a tram within three minutes and arrived at Ashton Moss park and ride by 6:50. We got away quickly and were on the Motorway within five minutes. We arrived in Otley and parked the car at 8:05 and were at the venue by 8:10 in time for the end of the first number.

Those who moan about Metrolink ought to try getting around other Cities in the UK. In Edinburgh we have one line that goes from the Airport to the North side of the City Centre. I use Metrolink to get to and from every home match and wish we had something like it in Edinburgh.

We had bought tickets for a gig in Otley starting at 8:00 back in November. Then the bastards moved the kick off to Sunday at 4:30.

For the first time ever I did leave the match around three to four minutes early (watching it on my iPad) and was on the East bound Metrolink platform by around 6:30 just as the final whistle went. We got a tram within three minutes and arrived at Ashton Moss park and ride by 6:50. We got away quickly and were on the Motorway within five minutes. We arrived in Otley and parked the car at 8:05 and were at the venue by 8:10 in time for the end of the first number.

Those who moan about Metrolink ought to try getting around other Cities in the UK. In Edinburgh we have one line that goes from the Airport to the North side of the City Centre. I use Metrolink to get to and from every home match and wish we had something like it in Edinburgh.

If i could give this post a like, I would give this post a like.

Metrolink is crap. It could be so much better though without doing much. It really is simple:
[1] All trams that terminate at Piccadilly go to Etihad Stadium for 2 hours before and 1 hour after the game.
[2] Queue up 5 double units between the Etihad and Asada/Velodrome for the final whistle.
Then there is the road system. Fecking useless for getting traffic away from the area after the game. Coordinated control of traffic lights within 1.5 miles of the ground + road changes at 4 or 5 pinch points would sort it out. It won't happen though because Manchester has done everything possible to slow down traffic.

Like we've always stated on here, and I assume the club, MCC, TFGM, and GMP all know better, all they have to do is go to Germany to see how quickly and smoothly they get fans in and out of the stadium and back home.

100's of City fans back to Dusseldorf in under 1 hour. Free waiting buses, straight on to waiting trains. Not to mention home fans getting home quickly.

It's dead easy. Ask the Germans.

I stayed to the final whistle. Walked to my car, which is a mile away and then drove via failsworth to the M60, then M56 , A49 to Northwich, around 30 miles from the stadium
I was home for 7.20
So by the time you were getting in your car, I was traveling past the airport
You are Billy Whiz and I claim my £5.
I wish I could walk at 6-7 miles an hour for a mile, drive 3 miles to the Failsworth junction in traffic, and then get to the airport turn off in 30 minutes. I must be getting old! ;-)

As I said previously, the timing just didn't stack up, and I wasn't having a dig. You were very lucky having hardly any waiting time at the ground. How was the concert?

Like we've always stated on here, and I assume the club, MCC, TFGM, and GMP all know better, all they have to do is go to Germany to see how quickly and smoothly they get fans in and out of the stadium and back home.

100's of City fans back to Dusseldorf in under 1 hour. Free waiting buses, straight on to waiting trains. Not to mention home fans getting home quickly.

We did ask the Germans and they keep selling us these cars which cause the congestion.

But not the ones in Munich, after my last trip to the Allianz (the 3-2 win) I queued for 45 minutes just to get onto the station platform.

They organised the invasions of Belgium,France,Czechoslovakia & Poland based on superb planning & execution of the rail networks & system.

Their ability to move troops and equipment between the Eastern & Western Fronts kept them in the FWW longer than otherwise would've been the case.

German transport works.....then & now.

They organised the invasions of Belgium,France,Czechoslovakia & Poland based on superb planning & execution of the rail networks & system.

Their ability to move troops and equipment between the Eastern & Western Fronts kept them in the FWW longer than otherwise would've been the case.

German transport works.....then & now.
But it didn't help them in the end. Typical British hooligans in the RAF saw to that by blowing the trains up!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.