City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Yes.

Not visible from other stands, but clearly visible on TV.

I still can't accept or understand so many fans not turning up, yet the sold out signs where on the OS weeks ago.

Been saying this for a while, along with other's, something is going on and isn't right.

City fans want tickets for matches like this, but can't get them due to it selling out, even though loads of empty deats are visible on the TV, and the OS states sold out.

thats what i think. a few years ago or when we first moved into the ground there were never any empty seats for the big games. i think its the club selling on tickets to travel companies/tourist boards and then not selling all of those tickets on. its seems to be the same seats every game especially in the family stand or 109. the family stand always has large groups of people who aren't city fans and come in the same tracksuits/tops.

I'm noticing so many more tourists now even compared to a few years ago, yet there are actual city fans unable to get tickets. large groups of asian tourists or away fans are all able to get groups of tickets in any stand now, it can't just be city fans selling them on.

From watching on TV it looked like we unfortunately had thousands of empty seats.

North stand looked very sparse in particular, which might be why you didn't think it was too bad as its harder to spot in your own stand.

There were also lots of the 'half and half scarf' brigade out in force, taking selfies often when there is a throwin etc

We do, unfortunately, seem to have real problems with getting actual fans through the turnstyles, which will probably get worse in years to come the way certain parts of the 'match day experience' are heading!

Let's but honest, it's not thousands and definitely wasn't against Liverpool.

There's a few dotted about in sold out stands and a lot of the time this is just season ticket holders or complimentary seats not being taken up.

People who watch on TV often don't get a true impression. They see a few empty seats early on and then presume the ground is half empty, when in fact people are queuing to get in outside 10-15 mins into the game. That first impression stickers with them despite the ground filling up as the game goes on. The TV crowd don't see the ground in full either so presume that because there's a few empty seats in the family stand that this means there are empty seats all over the ground. The third tiers are actually usually the fullest for league games due to lots of one off ticket sales.

Against Stoke a lot of people with tickets just didn't come due to the late fixture change. That's the only league game this season where it was a lot.

From where I was ( family stand) there was empty seats in level 1-2- 3 + away end, yet there were so many non City fans in level 1???
In the main car park there were bus loads of South Koreans I think with Liverpool & City shirts mixed.

Week in week out inlevel 1 there are empty or tourists sitting there.

Touts outside dont help buying & selling to away fans.

There is another post on hear about an Irish tourist company Celtic Horizons.
Advertising ticket an Hotel in Manchester for the Derby for £ 180.00 ( no flight)
Where did they get the tickets ? my bet is from City.
And at that price there may not sell them all resulting in empty seats as posters have pointed out.

From where I was ( family stand) there was empty seats in level 1-2- 3 + away end, yet there were so many non City fans in level 1???
In the main car park there were bus loads of South Koreans I think with Liverpool & City shirts mixed.

Week in week out inlevel 1 there are empty or tourists sitting there.

Touts outside dont help buying & selling to away fans.

i agree, a few years a go though under mancini and even pelle, we barely had any of these groups of tourists/away fans, at least no wear near the same number. it was mainly just city fans getting tickets. as i suggested i think its the club - instead of selling tickets to genuine fans, they are selling them to companies. who are then letting anyway buy them. it seems really bad for games against teams like liverpool. there are plenty of city fans wanting to go, unable to get tickets, cos its apparently sold out, yet theres loads of empty seats or tourists.

obviously we were gonna get more tourists, but something isn right at the minute with how tickets are being distributed.

Used to be in 308 but far too many tourists in there, and the icing on the cake was the semi v Real Madrid - fookin swamped with them so i decided to move. Was in 115 for the Celtic game and never usually see away fans in there. However on that night there were loads, including a pocket of 10 scrotes ( with colours on ) right next to the segregation. They started of a bit nervous but after numerous attempts to get them removed by firstly the stewards and then the police they grew in confidence and the RA songs etc started coming out. Inevitably it kicked off and the Police pushed them into the away end. All could of been avoided if the clubs own guidelines were followed by the staff they employ. On another note, my Daughter goes to Manchester Met and the student services there have handfulls of tickets for every game - open to all and sundry to buy.

That timing begs the question, when did you leave the ground?
The match kicked off at 4:30, and, allowing 15 minutes for half time and the 6 minutes added time in both halves, that means the earliest the match could have finished would have been 6:21. That time does not include the time wasting at throw ins, goal kicks, etc, so it was probably well gone 6:30 before the final whistle blew.
I always leave at the final whistle and got back to my car on Clayton Lane at almost exactly 7:00pm, and phoned my daughter at 7:03 - it's a ritual we have after every match for me to phone just after I set off.
I'm not trying to get into a debate over leaving early or not - that's your personal choice, and I have great respect for you from travelling so far for each home match, but I question your timings in this instance - it just doesn't add up!

I stayed to the final whistle. Walked to my car, which is a mile away and then drove via failsworth to the M60, then M56 , A49 to Northwich, around 30 miles from the stadium
I was home for 7.20
So by the time you were getting in your car, I was traveling past the airport

Yes.

Not visible from other stands, but clearly visible on TV.

I still can't accept or understand so many fans not turning up, yet the sold out signs where on the OS weeks ago.

Been saying this for a while, along with other's, something is going on and isn't right.

City fans want tickets for matches like this, but can't get them due to it selling out, even though loads of empty deats are visible on the TV, and the OS states sold out.

It doesn't help that the Ticket exchange has a cut off a couple of days before the game. The ticket could be available either online with print at home or available at the ticket office up until kick off. There is no reason that if I find out I couldn't make the match the morning of the game that I shouldn't be able to put my seat up for sale and it be bought before kick off on line or by a walk-up. I'd get my 1/19th refund, the club make a few quid and the ticket is bought by someone who wants to attend

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.