City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

Not all are armchair fans and of course people have to leave early from time to time. It’s probably not every game though.

As for the intolerance nonsense, it is tolerated as people are allowed to leave when they want. They just comment on social media to suggest that they can’t understand why people leave early, similarly to you be allowed the right to reply.

We've got a huge thread on trying to improve the atmosphere, so a lot of people do care. Staying until the end is quite an easy quick win, but it’ll never happen as fans are used to darting out early, whether they need to or not.

Hence it will be a perpetual debate as neither side can see where the other is coming from.
To drive a huge hole through your argument it's not necessarily the same people leaving every game either which lends credence to my point that circumstances in peoples' lives differ from week to week and some of the time they have other places they need / want to be.

More broadly though I think you, wilfully or otherwise, misjudge the motivation of these people. They aren't seeking to improve the atmosphere like many of the guys who post sensibly on the atmosphere thread. They are seeking to self praise by criticising other blues presumably because like all bullies it makes them feel temporarily better at the hand life's dealt them. As i keep saying, it's needy, delusional and pitiful to an extent. I feel a certain amount of sympathy for some of them.

I don't see a 444 page thread about fans who miss parts of the game to buy food or alcohol.

No 444 page thread dedicated to non singers.

To drive a huge hole through your argument it's not necessarily the same people leaving every game either which lends credence to my point that circumstances in peoples' lives differ from week to week and some of the time they have other places they need / want to be.

More broadly though I think you, wilfully or otherwise, misjudge the motivation of these people. They aren't seeking to improve the atmosphere like many of the guys who post sensibly on the atmosphere thread. They are seeking to self praise by criticising other blues presumably because like all bullies it makes them feel temporarily better at the hand life's dealt them. As i keep saying, it's needy, delusional and pitiful to an extent. I feel a certain amount of sympathy for some of them.

I don't see a 444 page thread about fans who miss parts of the game to buy food or alcohol.

No 444 page thread dedicated to non singers.
No one knows the motivation of these people, outside the ones around where you sit. There are people round me that leave early to get to the front of the car park exit queues. I know this as that’s what they say. We have a joke about it and no one is intolerant, just most don’t understand why or how they do this, especially in games that aren‘t won.

You then assume why people are being “intolerant“.

My main assumption of you is that you are trying to justify to yourself that leaving early is normal, when you are in the minority.

I choose not to buy food or drink at half time for similar reasons. I quite like watching minutes 40-48 and 85-97.

No one knows the motivation of these people, outside the ones around where you sit. There are people round me that leave early to get to the front of the car park exit queues. I know this as that’s what they say. We have a joke about it and no one is intolerant, just most don’t understand why or how they do this, especially in games that aren‘t won.

You then assume why people are being “intolerant“.

My main assumption of you is that you are trying to justify to yourself that leaving early is normal, when you are in the minority.

I choose not to buy food or drink at half time for similar reasons. I quite like watching minutes 40-48 and 85-97.
I don't need to justify my actions. Does leaving early put me in the minority and make it not normal ? Yes probably, although it's not a binary situation. Leaving on 75 mins is more unusual than leaving with a minute to go in injury time for sure. Each to their own.

Your 1st paragraph makes my point. In real life it's no big deal, a chance for a little laugh. On the internet it's a chance for nastiness. Bet you've never heard "****" or "disgrace" etc shouted at a bloke leaving early have you ? Well you have on here.

Reactions: PPT
I don't need to justify my actions. Does leaving early put me in the minority and make it not normal ? Yes probably, although it's not a binary situation. Leaving on 75 mins is more unusual than leaving with a minute to go in injury time for sure. Each to their own.

Your 1st paragraph makes my point. In real life it's no big deal, a chance for a little laugh. On the internet it's a chance for nastiness. Bet you've never heard "****" or "disgrace" etc shouted at a bloke leaving early have you ? Well you have on here.
You don’t need to, but won’t as the reason will likely be a shit one.

Our exchange simply amplifies my original point. Neither side can see the other point of view and the debate will continue perpetually, with no resolution ever possible.

Our exchange simply amplifies my original point. Neither side can see the other point of view and the debate will continue perpetually, with no resolution ever possible.
Who's the arbiter of what constitutes a shit reason ? You ?

Reactions: PPT

Maybe whoever is locking the alleyway gates near the Townley can lock the exits until the final whistle blows ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.