City Fans Leaving Early/Empty seats

My article in last week's City V Arsenal programme was about leaving early and what goals are missed. In 2011-12 21% of all City's goals in a title winning season were scored in the 85th minute or later. In the last 3 years 9 of Aguero's goals have been 85th minute or later. Anyway, I've posted the article on my twitter: https://twitter.com/GaryJamesWriter if anyone missed it.

I can understand possibly leaving early if the result isn't in doubt.
My article in last week's City V Arsenal programme was about leaving early and what goals are missed. In 2011-12 21% of all City's goals in a title winning season were scored in the 85th minute or later. In the last 3 years 9 of Aguero's goals have been 85th minute or later. Anyway, I've posted the article on my twitter: https://twitter.com/GaryJamesWriter if anyone missed it.
you can go back even further Gary. I wanted to leave Wembley in 99 but was stopped by my mate who always advocates staying till the end. It's stayed with me, never left early. Don't see the point.

I can understand possibly leaving early if the result isn't in doubt.

you can go back even further Gary. I wanted to leave Wembley in 99 but was stopped by my mate who always advocates staying till the end. It's stayed with me, never left early. Don't see the point.
In the article I talk about my experience in the 70s when my dad insisted we leave a UEFA Cup game v Standard Liege with about 6 mins left. By the time we got to the car City had scored a further 3 goals. That's haunted me ever since and I can't help wondering how many young fans since then have missed out on some of most spectacular endings. Often it's the last 5 minutes that create the memories that make fans Blues. Missing them can live with you forever.

Disgraceful again today.

Half the crowd streaming out on 85 minutes.

It's not even the tourists either.

In the article I talk about my experience in the 70s when my dad insisted we leave a UEFA Cup game v Standard Liege with about 6 mins left. By the time we got to the car City had scored a further 3 goals. That's haunted me ever since and I can't help wondering how many young fans since then have missed out on some of most spectacular endings. Often it's the last 5 minutes that create the memories that make fans Blues. Missing them can live with you forever.
The grandparents took me to Maine Road back in the old division 2 days. Always left 10-15 minutes before the end to beat the traffic. I remember 1 game missing a goal walking out, a goal in the car park and a goal on the way home. Vowed never to leave before the end.

I left at 88 today.
Had to be somewhere.
It's amazing how much difference a couple of minutes can make, so can understand why people do.

Disgraceful again today.

Half the crowd streaming out on 85 minutes.

It's not even the tourists either.
It's just incredible, ss3 today , I saw some leaving on 82 mins & like you say ,with the game finally balanced, on a knife edge.....would we hang on for the win ? Or could we break away & get another in this absorbing encounter....85mins hundreds get up & just walk out.

I do this. For those mobile enough it's an easy solution.

For many (and I stress not all of early leavers) I think that there's a laziness and apathy. An attitude of "As long as some are there to clap the team on my behalf it'll be ok won't it". If we all had this attitude it literally would be the end of the club. Imagine a completely empty stadium as the players turn a team over in the 86th minute. What player and manager would want to be part of that? Pep's noticed it and we are worse than most at this. It's become a culture and habit.

I'll probably rile a few but it does grate and the above doesn't refer to I those that would love to stay but just can't work it.

People who park in the stadium car park I guess are a high proportion of the early leavers. I never understood why mobile people park so close but you see that behaviour in supermarket car park. People need to park as close to the building as possible because God forbid they have to walk 100 metres to get in. I walk about half a mile and have never sat in traffic at either the Etihad or Maine Road when I parked by the Jaguar garage.

I agree about the tram solution whereby they get lined up, can't be that hard to organise but the tram isn't there to shift people. I went to a concert at MEN a few Sundays ago and trams had stopped running at 10pm. It's a white elephant.

Early leavers need shaming with a song. It's an embarrassment to the club and myself, no excuses at all. Same people every week leaving early, joke fans - and to think these clowns kept a season ticket out of my dads hands!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.