City fans rushed by Spanish Police

Blue Mist said:
Whitworth Park said:
lita69 said:
Were there no English police over there? A bloke I work with who's a rag says that when they go away in Europe often GMP send a few over to observe and assist, they have no real power but their presence sometimes stops problems before they start. If true our club may want to adopt this tactic if possible, if nothing else there'd be some reliable witnesses?

Yes PC Cliff Leigh, but he wasnt with the Spanish Police, seems like he was
on a Jolly, indicident was reported to him but he didnt give a fuck.

Bang out of order. I know PC Cliff Leigh. First he is a big city fan. He has always looked to treat City fans properly and with respect, (unlike others in the same line of work) I did not see the incidnt being reported to him and it seems like you didnt either but I call bullshit because he is simply not like that. He was there as police officer but with out any official duties, i.e. being able to tell a spanish cop how to do his job. I will re state he is a big city fan and I think second hand throw away comments are cheap and shitty.

OK If you know him, well then ask him if it was reported to him outside the
Stadium. end of.

Whitworth Park said:
Blue Mist said:
Whitworth Park said:
Yes PC Cliff Leigh, but he wasnt with the Spanish Police, seems like he was
on a Jolly, indicident was reported to him but he didnt give a fuck.

Bang out of order. I know PC Cliff Leigh. First he is a big city fan. He has always looked to treat City fans properly and with respect, (unlike others in the same line of work) I did not see the incidnt being reported to him and it seems like you didnt either but I call bullshit because he is simply not like that. He was there as police officer but with out any official duties, i.e. being able to tell a spanish cop how to do his job. I will re state he is a big city fan and I think second hand throw away comments are cheap and shitty.

Stadium. end of.

It may of been reported to him, I am not disputing that part of your thread. It was the fact that you reported he did not give a fuck. He has no police powers over in Spain so what could he do ? If he saw the Spanish cops acting out of order in front of him I know he would have said something to his opposite number. One of my own experiences was when I was in the pub right next to the Reebok. It was clearly signed 'Home Fans Only' and he did a walk through. He could have had me and my mate ejected but he knew I did not cause trouble and we had no 'colours' on so just quietly let it be known he had seen me and left it at that. He is not like some cops that work the ground and yet you 'dis' him. Bang out of order.

Blue Mist said:
Whitworth Park said:
Blue Mist said:

Stadium. end of.

It may of been reported to him, I am not disputing that part of your thread. It was the fact that you reported he did not give a fuck. He has no police powers over in Spain so what could he do ? If he saw the Spanish cops acting out of order in front of him I know he would have said something to his opposite number. One of my own experiences was when I was in the pub right next to the Reebok. It was clearly signed 'Home Fans Only' and he did a walk through. He could have had me and my mate ejected but he knew I did not cause trouble and we had no 'colours' on so just quietly let it be known he had seen me and left it at that. He is not like some cops that work the ground and yet you 'dis' him. Bang out of order.

OK should I have said "He showed no concern" amounts to the same thing.
I am not saying he could have done anyhing as he was not with their Police.
Not when I saw him anyway.
When he was in Munich he was with their plain clothes lot.
But his attitude was like "you must have done somthing to provoke it " which
as you can see from the posts, City fans were blameless.I would have expected a better response as he knows the lad who told him.

Personally I dont think he's a bad old stick, there have been a
lot worse, Chisholme springs to mind.

No comment by the muen then? Did they also make no comment when scum fans got battered in Rome, pretty sure that was not the case?

BringBackSwales said:
No comment by the muen then? Did they also make no comment when scum fans got battered in Rome, pretty sure that was not the case?

Actually they have. In the paper version, right at the bottom of page 12 under the headline Spanish police 'hit City fans'
we get the following;

"Dozens of Manchester City fans claimthey were attacked by Spanish police before during and after their clash with Real Madrid (I highlighted the word claim they didn't.)
They then go on to quote one fan and a Bramhall business man? (no name?) I find it strange they did not know Natalie Pike had reported on it, so a verifiable and reliable source is ignored just so they can put 'claim' in as though it might not have happened.

Wankers the lot of them. It is getting worse than the currant bun.
And no I didnt buy it the missus brought it home free from town.

Blue Mist said:
BringBackSwales said:

Actually they have. In the paper version, right at the bottom of page 12 under the headline Spanish police 'hit City fans'
we get the following;

"Dozens of Manchester City fans claimthey were attacked by Spanish police before during and after their clash with Real Madrid (I highlighted the word claim they didn't.)
They then go on to quote one fan and a Bramhall business man? (no name?) I find it strange they did not know Natalie Pike had reported on it, so a verifiable and reliable source is ignored just so they can put 'claim' in as though it might not have happened.

Wankers the lot of them. It is getting worse than the currant bun.
And no I didnt buy it the missus brought it home free from town.

bottom of page 12, our local rag rag really sticking up for us then!

foreverablue18 said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2205378/Manchester-City-fans-hit-Spanish-police-clash-Real-Madrid-tie.html

Looks like its made the papers - as much as I hate the Daily Fail their making it known!

Yet it only made a small column on page twelve of the Manchester Evening News.

Yes I know with the recent deaths of GMP Officers it was never going to take priority, but that is an absolute joke.

Robert Jordan said:
alblue said:
Robert Jordan said:
Got a problem that I called these mighty public servants, the officers, PIGS?
To bad.
What you want to do about it?

What a sad bastard you are.

Sorry for the typo, TOO instead of TO, my keyboard is not what it used to be.

Now, that we are done with pleasantries, go call the piggies and give them a link to my post if this is what you want to do.
You will likely be rewarded like a good servant of the system you are.

The fact that people posting here were afraid to take pictures of the brutality so they will not get beaten up even more, is outrageous.

But next time when you will want to take a picture with your cellphone and they will beat you up (and your friends that happen to be walking with you TOO), do not forget your previous craven attitude. Maybe as a result, grateful that they let you live you will support the police with more fervor, making a donation for the 'heroes', the brotherhood of the PIGS.

Matter of fact, you model citizen should support the police, beat yourself up to save them the hassle.

what a dick..

Blue Mist said:
Haven't read all 15 pages so apologies if already covered but inside the ground I saw a bloke who was at least 60, He looked like everyones idea of a loving granddad, he had a huge split/bruise over his eye and his forearm totally bandaged. He was in total shock and seemed quite ill with it. Apparently he was one of the many innocents who got attacked outside the bar. It takes a really brave man armed only with a riot baton to take on a 60yr old man, he will never read this but shame on you big man.
think i saw the same guy,he did look distressed and bloodied,thankfully i must have just missed this as had to meet my mate and left the bar earlier than usual.was in the plaza mayor when the police blocked an archway in,put their gloves on and several pulled their batons out and i think i counted 12 of them marched in like stormtroopers,attacked a lad who had kicked a ball for no apparent reason and with no discussion /warnings etc when the atmosphere was friendly,enjoyable with no hint of aggrssion.They totally changed the whole atmosphere,then moved back to their corner with absolutely no interaction or explanation.In all my trips following city i think this was the best behaved following i can remember who i believe were true ambassadors for both us and english football,the madrid fans i met were polite and friendly however their police were cocky,amateurish bullying thugs.

saw the police in plaza mayor and it was very odd as everyone in the square was having fun, and im sure that the waiters, the japaneese tourists, the men with no heads and the locals were all bemused by the police action !
ps there was also a report of the incident in amongst the match reprt at the back of the manc evening news, in which ms pike gave her version of events.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.