City fans rushed by Spanish Police

foreverablue18 said:
Just seen a few tweets from Natalie Pike out in Madrid:

"Just watched spanish police batter city fans. A big group of about 100 of us outside a bar opposite the stadium and they tore in battons up"

"No one doing any harm at all. Very scary stuff. So out of order. @MCFC"

"Been going football 20 years never seen anything like it. On my life city fans doing nothing but singing and having fun"

"Women, kids, teenagers, all treated like scum. So out of order. Am so upset."

Hope everyone involved is alright and that it wasn't too bad, especially in light of all the Hillsborough reports this week!

Once in Italy in 1980, watching England exactly the same happened to me and my mate with Italian Police over reacting firing rubber bullets into the crowd. Also I saw young kids getting tear gassed along with me. Turin England V Belgium Euro's 1980 I will never forget it. I have real sympathy for folks and their families caught up in this and I hope they are ok and got home safe.

To the young gentleman who thinks City fans must have started the trouble, you are a fool. My old dear is a staunch Bolton Wanderers fan in her 60's, she was at the Atheltico game a few years back and was rushed by the spanish police and sent flying by a police horse. Now I know you don't know me from Adam, but my mum is no hooligan, she was in fact a civilian that worked for GMP for 30 years and was in attendance with her mates before getting a right kicking off the spanish police who even clobbered an 82 year old man queuing to get in the ground, hardly a hardcore element of trotters! Unfortunately it does go on and for reason at all.

When they went in the ground there were met by more riot geared cops with facemasks pulled right up. She ended sitting with some spanish lads who helped her get to the back of the stand out of the way, they actually apologised and said it happens week in week out to any away fans, show of force and all that. Nothing ever happened when Bolton complained and nothing will happen now unfortunately.

Just glad fellow blues got home safe eventually

uwe said:
Blue Mist said:
Haven't read all 15 pages so apologies if already covered but inside the ground I saw a bloke who was at least 60, He looked like everyones idea of a loving granddad, he had a huge split/bruise over his eye and his forearm totally bandaged. He was in total shock and seemed quite ill with it. Apparently he was one of the many innocents who got attacked outside the bar. It takes a really brave man armed only with a riot baton to take on a 60yr old man, he will never read this but shame on you big man.
think i saw the same guy,he did look distressed and bloodied,thankfully i must have just missed this as had to meet my mate and left the bar earlier than usual.was in the plaza mayor when the police blocked an archway in,put their gloves on and several pulled their batons out and i think i counted 12 of them marched in like stormtroopers,attacked a lad who had kicked a ball for no apparent reason and with no discussion /warnings etc when the atmosphere was friendly,enjoyable with no hint of aggrssion.They totally changed the whole atmosphere,then moved back to their corner with absolutely no interaction or explanation.In all my trips following city i think this was the best behaved following i can remember who i believe were true ambassadors for both us and english football,the madrid fans i met were polite and friendly however their police were cocky,amateurish bullying thugs.

This was Mick and he had been done over by Ultras when they attacked group of couples away from main square area, just sitting having a drink when they got attacked by crowd of Ultras

ob said:
uwe said:
Blue Mist said:
Haven't read all 15 pages so apologies if already covered but inside the ground I saw a bloke who was at least 60, He looked like everyones idea of a loving granddad, he had a huge split/bruise over his eye and his forearm totally bandaged. He was in total shock and seemed quite ill with it. Apparently he was one of the many innocents who got attacked outside the bar. It takes a really brave man armed only with a riot baton to take on a 60yr old man, he will never read this but shame on you big man.
think i saw the same guy,he did look distressed and bloodied,thankfully i must have just missed this as had to meet my mate and left the bar earlier than usual.was in the plaza mayor when the police blocked an archway in,put their gloves on and several pulled their batons out and i think i counted 12 of them marched in like stormtroopers,attacked a lad who had kicked a ball for no apparent reason and with no discussion /warnings etc when the atmosphere was friendly,enjoyable with no hint of aggrssion.They totally changed the whole atmosphere,then moved back to their corner with absolutely no interaction or explanation.In all my trips following city i think this was the best behaved following i can remember who i believe were true ambassadors for both us and english football,the madrid fans i met were polite and friendly however their police were cocky,amateurish bullying thugs.

This was Mick and he had been done over by Ultras when they attacked group of couples away from main square area, just sitting having a drink when they got attacked by crowd of Ultras

Cheers for the correction, I hope he is ok now and I hope I haven't described him to harshly ! I don't suppose it makes it any better who attacked him Ultras or ther police but at least the record is straight.

I was at the bar, disgrace.

Utter scum bags. My complaint is going in.

Snide attacks on the English football fans have been going on for years,by both fans and the police.The hooligan reputation our country used to have didn't help of course but other countries were never blameless,it just suited everyone's purpose to blame the English,true or not.

It will all be brushed under the carpet as usual by the Spanish authorities and EUEFA with no one held accountable and continue unabated.Foreigner fans abroad are fair game to be battered with impunity by thugs in and out of uniform, as the thugs know the fans they have to return home promptly and even if they do pursue it they will get nowhere.

I spent many years travelling abroad with the navy and foreign police would take great delight in handing out a slap as they knew you just wanted to get back to the ship in one piece and they would be believed anyway.

Has anything been done yet about the disgraceful monkey noises made by Lazio 'fans' at Spurs? Again it will be swept under the carpet,or a derisory fine by EUEFA.

There are too many comments in here about the supposed bad behaviour of English football fans - this is an issue from the 1980's and 1990's and there are much worse fans than the English these days; also our fans are not racist scumbags, of which the same cannot be said of many in Central and Eastern and Southern Europe - what the police did was inexcusable, and what some English knobheads did in the 1980's is completely irrelevant to this

Whitworth Park said:
Blue Mist said:
Whitworth Park said:
OK If you know him, well then ask him if it was reported to him outside the
Stadium. end of.

It may of been reported to him, I am not disputing that part of your thread. It was the fact that you reported he did not give a fuck. He has no police powers over in Spain so what could he do ? If he saw the Spanish cops acting out of order in front of him I know he would have said something to his opposite number. One of my own experiences was when I was in the pub right next to the Reebok. It was clearly signed 'Home Fans Only' and he did a walk through. He could have had me and my mate ejected but he knew I did not cause trouble and we had no 'colours' on so just quietly let it be known he had seen me and left it at that. He is not like some cops that work the ground and yet you 'dis' him. Bang out of order.

OK should I have said "He showed no concern" amounts to the same thing.
I am not saying he could have done anyhing as he was not with their Police.
Not when I saw him anyway.
When he was in Munich he was with their plain clothes lot.
But his attitude was like "you must have done somthing to provoke it " which
as you can see from the posts, City fans were blameless.I would have expected a better response as he knows the lad who told him.

Personally I dont think he's a bad old stick, there have been a
lot worse, Chisholme springs to mind.

Whose Chisholme ?? and you spelt Cliffs name wrong.

BringBackSwales said:
There are too many comments in here about the supposed bad behaviour of English football fans - this is an issue from the 1980's and 1990's and there are much worse fans than the English these days; also our fans are not racist scumbags, of which the same cannot be said of many in Central and Eastern and Southern Europe - what the police did was inexcusable, and what some English knobheads did in the 1980's is completely irrelevant to this

It isn't irrelevant to this at all.Not sure if you are refering to my comments or not but you are wrong.The English fans looted and smashed up many a foreign City in the 1980's and 1990's.As a result any English team and fans were and to some extent still are,despised by EUEFA and other foreign fans and their police force,rightly or wrongly.By other hooligans they are seen as the yardstick to test how 'hard' they are,even though the hooligans aren't there anymore and they are attacking on the whole innocent fans who want no trouble.

The police hate us too and know that if they batter some fans they will fall behind the defence of ''They started it'' because of past reputations and be believed.Yes times and England and club fans travelling abroad have changed too.But you don't wipe out 20 years of bad behaviour in the eyes of the people abroad in a couple of years.

So we suffer for past sins,rightly or wrongly.I will also point out,as i did in my original piece,that other fans and police were never blameless either even in the England fans heyday,but it suited the media and EUEFA to just blame England.

bluwes said:
Whitworth Park said:
Blue Mist said:
It may of been reported to him, I am not disputing that part of your thread. It was the fact that you reported he did not give a fuck. He has no police powers over in Spain so what could he do ? If he saw the Spanish cops acting out of order in front of him I know he would have said something to his opposite number. One of my own experiences was when I was in the pub right next to the Reebok. It was clearly signed 'Home Fans Only' and he did a walk through. He could have had me and my mate ejected but he knew I did not cause trouble and we had no 'colours' on so just quietly let it be known he had seen me and left it at that. He is not like some cops that work the ground and yet you 'dis' him. Bang out of order.

OK should I have said "He showed no concern" amounts to the same thing.
I am not saying he could have done anyhing as he was not with their Police.
Not when I saw him anyway.
When he was in Munich he was with their plain clothes lot.
But his attitude was like "you must have done somthing to provoke it " which
as you can see from the posts, City fans were blameless.I would have expected a better response as he knows the lad who told him.

Personally I dont think he's a bad old stick, there have been a
lot worse, Chisholme springs to mind.

Whose Chisholme ?? and you spelt Cliffs name wrong.

I did say in my first post on here that I was unsure how his surname was spelt.
Chisholme (hope I spelt that corrrect) was a predecessor of Cliff's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.