City fans rushed by Spanish Police

bluwes said:
Whitworth Park said:
Blue Mist said:
It may of been reported to him, I am not disputing that part of your thread. It was the fact that you reported he did not give a fuck. He has no police powers over in Spain so what could he do ? If he saw the Spanish cops acting out of order in front of him I know he would have said something to his opposite number. One of my own experiences was when I was in the pub right next to the Reebok. It was clearly signed 'Home Fans Only' and he did a walk through. He could have had me and my mate ejected but he knew I did not cause trouble and we had no 'colours' on so just quietly let it be known he had seen me and left it at that. He is not like some cops that work the ground and yet you 'dis' him. Bang out of order.

OK should I have said "He showed no concern" amounts to the same thing.
I am not saying he could have done anyhing as he was not with their Police.
Not when I saw him anyway.
When he was in Munich he was with their plain clothes lot.
But his attitude was like "you must have done somthing to provoke it " which
as you can see from the posts, City fans were blameless.I would have expected a better response as he knows the lad who told him.

Personally I dont think he's a bad old stick, there have been a
lot worse, Chisholme springs to mind.

Whose Chisholme ??
...Uniteds FIO

Maintainin said:
bluwes said:
Whitworth Park said:
OK should I have said "He showed no concern" amounts to the same thing.
I am not saying he could have done anyhing as he was not with their Police.
Not when I saw him anyway.
When he was in Munich he was with their plain clothes lot.
But his attitude was like "you must have done somthing to provoke it " which
as you can see from the posts, City fans were blameless.I would have expected a better response as he knows the lad who told him.

Personally I dont think he's a bad old stick, there have been a
lot worse, Chisholme springs to mind.

Whose Chisholme ??
...Uniteds FIO
I know who he is, just joshing, the spelling is neary nuff, another big blue

I also know Cliff Lea although have not had the chance to discuss it with him, but will do next time I see him. However, he has very limited authority overseas. He will have logged the details, but was probably powerless to do much more. What would you have him do? Wade in flashing his badge?
We were in a different bar (outside block c). We were having the crack with Real fans, and neutrals, and we're even filmed by Spanish TV teaching them the Yaya/kolo song and the going down with a billion in the bank song, so we were unaware of the Police beatings that had taken place.
We spoke to Natalie Pike the following morning, and she confirmed that the City fans were completely blameless. It was a savage attack on innocent fans merely having a good time. Natalie's tweets had been picked up by some journalists.
In my opinion, the only way to stop this thing from happening again, is to make as big a fuss as possible.

The only way fifa,uefa,fa would take any sort of notice is if the fans refused to buy any tickets for the CL, that would show a real protest but the likley hood of that happening are so remote even bet fred would give you odds on it.
Nothing will happen no matter what other sort of protest happens.
Football on TV looks crap with no fans in the ground no noise no atmosphere, will fans make a stance answer no. Will anyone take notice of letter of protest answer no. If your lucky you may get a promise to raise it at the next meeting but dont hold your breath ffs.

It's been going on for years, nothing will stop the cunts, not even Platini.
I was in Plaza Mayor and a lad told me how a under-cover policeman took a lad into the toilets and told him to strip naked as he wanted to search him for drugs. The officer said if he refused he will arrest him on the spot.

On the funny side the lad didnt need asking twice and whipped off his clothes and bent over the sink ! The fucking copper couldn't get out of the toilets quick enough !

tiptopcheshireblue said:
I also know Cliff Lea although have not had the chance to discuss it with him, but will do next time I see him. However, he has very limited authority overseas. He will have logged the details, but was probably powerless to do much more. What would you have him do? Wade in flashing his badge?
We were in a different bar (outside block c). We were having the crack with Real fans, and neutrals, and we're even filmed by Spanish TV teaching them the Yaya/kolo song and the going down with a billion in the bank song, so we were unaware of the Police beatings that had taken place.
We spoke to Natalie Pike the following morning, and she confirmed that the City fans were completely blameless. It was a savage attack on innocent fans merely having a good time. Natalie's tweets had been picked up by some journalists.
In my opinion, the only way to stop this thing from happening again, is to make as big a fuss as possible.

I expect a member of GMP regardless of what capacity he is there in to
take the matter more seriously than he did, thats all.
Lets hope he has filed a report then for the sake of those injured.

Apparently there is a contact at the club for all those who wish to report the actions of the Spanish police. The person is Lisa Waton, Supporter Liaison Officer. The email address is europe@mcfc.co.uk<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:37 am --<br /><br />
Alex the Blue said:
Apparently there is a contact at the club for all those who wish to report the actions of the Spanish police. The person is Lisa Waton, Supporter Liaison Officer. The email address is europe@mcfc.co.uk

Sorry I clicked a wrong button, the name is Lisa Eaton but the email address is correct europe@mcfc.co.uk

UEFA should start deploying 'neutral observers' to these games. Basically, they mingle with the crowds and the police wearing bright orange jackets, with their title clearly marked on the jacket. They are equipped with video cameras and can film any incident, logging reports independently, (or in this instance, to UEFA). I know they will not catch all incidents, but if these type of incidents are as regular as they appear to be, then surely it would eventually impact on the attitudes of the police.

It is currently being used in this country for EDL marches etc.

I was stood next to Natalie and Danny when it all happenned

Absolutely disgusting. Wading in with batons for no reason at all. One guy was hit over the head and was out cole in the middle of the road

Never seen anything like that in my life

Blue Mist said:
Whitworth Park said:
lita69 said:
Were there no English police over there? A bloke I work with who's a rag says that when they go away in Europe often GMP send a few over to observe and assist, they have no real power but their presence sometimes stops problems before they start. If true our club may want to adopt this tactic if possible, if nothing else there'd be some reliable witnesses?

Yes PC Cliff Leigh, but he wasnt with the Spanish Police, seems like he was
on a Jolly, indicident was reported to him but he didnt give a fuck.

Bang out of order. I know PC Cliff Leigh. First he is a big city fan. He has always looked to treat City fans properly and with respect, (unlike others in the same line of work) I did not see the incidnt being reported to him and it seems like you didnt either but I call bullshit because he is simply not like that. He was there as police officer but with out any official duties, i.e. being able to tell a spanish cop how to do his job. I will re state he is a big city fan and I think second hand throw away comments are cheap and shitty.
I've had a run in with him and certainly wasn't treated with any respect. This involved me not being allowed to Euston after a game at West Ham one season, had to go along supporters clubs asking for a seat on their coaches back to Manc. All because who he'd seen me talking to at the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.