City fans rushed by Spanish Police

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=Rp8H0c-L__A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=Rp8H0c-L__A</a>
video of it

BillyMC said:
Pigeonho said:
BillyMC said:
Theyre just deciding which headline to go with..

"City fans incite riot in Madrid"

"City fans attacked by Spanish police"

They dont want to get it wrong do they.
Zzzzz

Your point?
The non-stop insinuations an anti-City headline will be used. Why on earth would they want to put such a headline when it's clear who's not to blame? What would they gain by it? Let me guess. They'd make City look bad, United look good and harmony is restored?
Getting good at this aren't I

Pigeonho said:
BillyMC said:
Pigeonho said:

Your point?
The non-stop insinuations an anti-City headline will be used. Why on earth would they want to put such a headline when it's clear who's not to blame? What would they gain by it? Let me guess. They'd make City look bad, United look good and harmony is restored?
Getting good at this aren't I

I was thinking more of an anti football fan headline

Quote from MEN
"Reports circulated at the game that batons had been used by police and the video below - by David Dubas-Fisher - seems to confirm this.

Lets be clear the video doesnt "seem" to show this...it fucking well does show.
My friends and I were in the bar by the way.

Give yourself a pat on the back, you are getting good at this.

Staggered that some "fellow" football fans want to perpetuate the very convenient myth that if they are football fans then they probably did something to deserve it. Fck me it wasn't even a week since the Hillsborough report!

Before the video surfaced there were typical knee jerk associations going on about rowdy fans and police doing their job but even now you can see what actually happened there's an attempt to link one drink going over during the prolonged assault as in some way being a justification for it!
Don't get me wrong people rioting require policing - ideally professional (in other words doing their jobs) - but in what world could anything justify the violent free for all you can see?

You can see there that there is a bloke dragging a kid away, you can see lads with hands in the air. I can tell you there were many more fans there seconds before who quickly moved towards the bus stop/main road when they kicked off and I can say there were lots of Blues calming others who were very angry. I for one was immensely proud of that.
Some fans want to draw attention to a drink getting lobbed. I wonder why?

There are plenty of people who want to tar football fans with the worst possible reputation without some of our own doing their dirty work.

Anyway, anyone who wants to can get in touch with Lisa Eaton europe@mcfc.co.uk

The club is apparently looking in to this and currently collating details. They will apparently respond in due course

Oh and next time you are at match in Spain and they shove a TV camera in your faces when you are coming through the airport or enjoying a liquid lunch just know that the caption on the news probably reads something like, "The hooligans have arrived", but then that's another issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.