City Fans V Bayern Fans

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
there are many fans who do both of these so no idea what you are on about
They bounce around in the concourse but not for the full game like did? Are you honestly saying that we were anything like the bayern, intact German fans on a whole?

And I don't mean making small little flags they spend their own Friday nights painting flags to go over the whole end of stadiums. Just got to the Bayern ultras website to see for yourself ( Südkurve München ).

So honestly mate don't see what you're on about.

agree with that, our fans bounce in the concourse with their phones in the air filming it then go into the stands and stand their most the time in silence imo

We do have some great flags, however most are made on barmy flags though and most are just england flags with mcfc in the middle
Just look at Schalke I think it was, their ultras spent a full day painting a huge banner just for a five minute display. I'm not saying we should do anything like this, but there's places to start. Safe standing would be it, but that ain't gonna happen any time soon. A fan leader or an actual drummer wouldn't be bad, but neither will happen..

ManCitizens. said:
Marvin said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
no way is it 30% we just cant compete. If we had cheap tickets, safe standing and beer in the stands we would be better though imo.
No we wouldn't. All City's support, or the vast majority of it is working class. Booze doesn't come into it. Do you think the Turks in Galatassaray get beered up before a game?

Needs organisation. Ultras to get that going, but there's nothing like that here

If anyone tried/ try that approach everybody would shout them down. English support truly is shit. Funnily enough when the drum is beating England away is one of the best.

english support is not shit, we once were the envy of the world for atmospheres. most ultras talk about english fans. Difference is now like i said if we had everything the german fans had i can bet nwe would be better<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:05 am --<br /><br />
MCFCHOWELL said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
MCFCHOWELL said:
They bounce around in the concourse but not for the full game like did? Are you honestly saying that we were anything like the bayern, intact German fans on a whole?

And I don't mean making small little flags they spend their own Friday nights painting flags to go over the whole end of stadiums. Just got to the Bayern ultras website to see for yourself ( Südkurve München ).

So honestly mate don't see what you're on about.

agree with that, our fans bounce in the concourse with their phones in the air filming it then go into the stands and stand their most the time in silence imo

We do have some great flags, however most are made on barmy flags though and most are just england flags with mcfc in the middle
Just look at Schalke I think it was, their ultras spent a full day painting a huge banner just for a five minute display. I'm not saying we should do anything like this, but there's places to start. Safe standing would be it, but that ain't gonna happen any time soon. A fan leader or an actual drummer wouldn't be bad, but neither will happen..

handmade flags look miles better imo, they are cheaper to make aswell, dont understand why someone would spend 800 quid on basically an england flag.

they could happen though, they never used to have ultras in germany, dont see why we couldnt. If we had the cheap tickets and safe standing though, ( hamburg game- cheap tickets) our atmosphere would be amazing

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:
Marvin said:
No we wouldn't. All City's support, or the vast majority of it is working class. Booze doesn't come into it. Do you think the Turks in Galatassaray get beered up before a game?

Needs organisation. Ultras to get that going, but there's nothing like that here

If anyone tried/ try that approach everybody would shout them down. English support truly is shit. Funnily enough when the drum is beating England away is one of the best.

english support is not shit, we once were the envy of the world for atmospheres. most ultras talk about english fans. Difference is now like i said if we had everything the german fans had i can bet nwe would be better

It is. We're talked about because of past reputation. Our fans were good In Plzen, but compared to Bayern fans tonight we were terrible. We weren't bad and can't be blamed but the English culture hates a drum. Tonight proved how good it can be as does England every away game (i hate the band).

ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:

english support is not shit, we once were the envy of the world for atmospheres. most ultras talk about english fans. Difference is now like i said if we had everything the german fans had i can bet nwe would be better

It is. We're talked about because of past reputation. Our fans were good In Plzen, but compared to Bayern fans tonight we were terrible.

yeah it is now, but so would bayerns support aswell, if they werent allowed to sing, stand, be organised, or have cheap tickets.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

It is. We're talked about because of past reputation. Our fans were good In Plzen, but compared to Bayern fans tonight we were terrible.

yeah it is now, but so would bayerns support aswell, if they werent allowed to sing, stand, be organised, or have cheap tickets.

I edited my post. Watch Englands away support when the drum is allowed into the ground compared to when it's banned.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:
Marvin said:

-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:05 am --

MCFCHOWELL said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:

handmade flags look miles better imo, they are cheaper to make aswell, dont understand why someone would spend 800 quid on basically an england flag.

they could happen though, they never used to have ultras in germany, dont see why we couldnt. If we had the cheap tickets and safe standing though, ( hamburg game- cheap tickets) our atmosphere would be amazing
Exactly what would start a "proper" ultras group. But I can't see anything happening anytime soon.

ManCitizens. said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:

I edited my post. Watch Englands away support when the drum is allowed into the ground compared to when it's banned.

i would love a drum at city, it would allow the stupidly fast paced songs to be slowed down and sung in time, unfortunatley we are to "cool" for that. Still think we could outsing them without one though, we just need people to start singing again, especially the south stand who have forgotton<br /><br />-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:13 am --<br /><br />
MCFCHOWELL said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ManCitizens. said:

-- Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:05 am --

MCFCHOWELL said:

Exactly what would start a "proper" ultras group. But I can't see anything happening anytime soon.

younger generation of fans ??? people getting fed up of the atmosphere. Groups have been started at palace and villa, rangers -people probably thought they would never take off in the beginning, but now they are a huge part of there atmospheres.

Most of them are young men (they'd have to be, it's a bigger work out than an hour at the gym!). Prices are affordable in Germany but I wonder how so many can afford to travel all over Europe with the prices charged?

You can't really out sing them the way they are... it's persistent and if you try and match them (City fans did several times) they just sing you into submission, LOL.

It'd take a major 180 turn in English fan culture to be able to match that. Palace fans would give it a go with their ultras section. It's not just City, we actually managed to sing over them a few times (which many other stadiums wouldn't be able to), it's simply English football now.

Their songs were boring and I've never heard so many people sound monotone at the same time , the drum sucked. They looked cool sometimes , but it never seems like the continental euros everyone on the Internet loves so much are having a good time.

Ill take the old man behind me calling fernandinho a **** even when yaya fucked up 10 times out of ten over some overrated 4th reich training exercise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.