City Fans V Bayern Fans

Joycee Banercheck said:
jrb said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
I wish we could replicate their volume, but it just sounded like one song for 90 minutes to me...not that we covered ourselves in glory for support...we haven't for a long time.

This is a difference between english and german fan culture. English supporters often have long songs for their teams, in german fan tradition, it is mostly about short pieces. See <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsecpBS7cwM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsecpBS7cwM</a> for some examples. Hardly any team has a unique song. In the first league, Schalke has the "Steigerlied" <a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6viAdAq18I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6viAdAq18I</a>, and Freiburg or Karlsruhe will sing the "Badnerlied", but that is about it.
Most songs are used by supporters of all teams.

In germany, the Bayern crowd are hardly the most original song inventors. Dortmund fans are better at that, they even make up chants during the game, reflecting certain happenings on the field.

mcfc_ms said:
What I liked about the city fans last night was applauding off Schweinstiger and Robben. Showed real class appreciating two brilliant displays. Ribery got abused, but he is a paedophile.

Fixed that for you.

citizen said:
mcfc1894 said:
how anyone thinks that is a good way of 'supporting' a team is beyond me. 2 people at the front telling the rest what to sing. two people who are not even watching the game!! how the fuck do they know what's going off. I prefer our atmosphere, the type that involves watching the actual game and getting excited at certain aspects of the game. it seemed like ages for them to realise that the first went in because the knob heads were too busy watching the knob in the white tshirt telling them what to sing. not once did they clap a tackle. if one of our players put in a challenge like lahm did on navas, everyone in the stadium would of been up applauding and then sing a song about that player. they don't give a toss about the players or whats going on out on the pitch, they just give a toss about watching two numptys telling them what to sing and listening out for a drummer, whilst singing the same song over and over and over and over again. I'd get bored really easily if I was in a section like that everyweek. give me an un orchestrated atmosphere anyday of the week. give me people getting passionate about the game, singing and cheering when things happen out on the pitch. not that bollocks they did.

I disagree, id prefer the away ends like theirs. Away days all about getting pissed and bouncing for 90mins.

I love the ultra scene but can't help but agree with some if what he's said . A lot of them are there fir themselves rather than actually give a fook whats goin on during the game . I'd love us to to do the ultra thing but without losing touch of whats goin on on the pitch . I'd still take there organised stuff over our silent embarressment. Doin it once or twice a season isn't good enough . We should be like the hamburg game every week .

The biggest dissapointment for me last night was when my 12 yearold son turned to me after about twenty minutes and said "Dad, why arent the city fans singing". The disbelief in his voice really hurt me.

And i didnt have an answer for him.

geoff hammond said:
The biggest dissapointment for me last night was when my 12 yearold son turned to me after about twenty minutes and said "Dad, why arent the city fans singing". The disbelief in his voice really hurt me.

He should have asked ... "Dad, why aren't we singing?" ;)

mcfc_ms said:
What I liked about the city fans last night was applauding off Schweinstiger and Robben. Showed real class appreciating two brilliant displays. Ribery got abused, but he is a prick.

Wel we weren't applauding ours off that's for sure!!

alberto0292 said:
geoff hammond said:

We were singing - but not many around us were.

geoff hammond said:
alberto0292 said:
geoff hammond said:

We were singing - but not many around us were.

just kidding, i was in 110 and it was very hard to get songs going
tried a few times but no luck .... bad defeat both on and off the pitch last night

I cant believe the bellwaft in the white t shirt paid hundreds of pounds to fly to England and go to the match only to turn his back on it and not watch it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.