City Fans V Bayern Fans

Bembeltown said:
I personally can understand if people dont like the "German" sort of support and I am still a big fan of the old school English atmosphere (might be an age thing), however its the way it is in Germany right now and I personally prefer this over sitting in silence with arms folded.

The comments on the two guys in the front row, who sort of organize the singing, waving and whatnot are a bit out of order though. Those guys are usually the ones who can be found at every home and away game and haven´t missed any games in ages.

I am pretty sure the do care a lot more about the club, than beeing in the spotlight themself.

The guy with the megaphone in Frankfurt is doing this for ages as well and I don´t even know if there was ever a time where he wasn´t there (he did this already well before anyone in Germany knew anything about Ultras). I think he never ever missed a home or away match in all the years, no matter if we played in the 2nd division, the first division, in Vietnam or Russia.

A couple of years back when we were in the second division as well, he got arrested by the police at an away match.He was standing on a fence to coordinate the singing and refused to get down when the police told him so. He got banned from all football grounds for 7 years, but the club itself did everything possible to ensure that the ban was lifted as they know how important he is for our atmosphere.

that´s strange, i don´t know how many times the guy in front at Schalke had changed because of stadium bans in recent years.

For those who wrote that people were follwing the "capo" instead of the match. Well, those guys have a megaphone and just start singing the first line of a song. There is really no need to look at them. You hear them and you join in (or not).
But it´s true, Bayern Ultras have a habit of repeating the same songs all the time, i don´t know why.

Hyde FC home games are £16, that is blue square premier....
When in Munich i got a Baynern ticket for about 15-20 euros. Somethings not right there

bayern blade said:
Bilboblue said:
Maldeika said:
Bayern saved them from bankruptcy a couple of years ago. It that is a link?

More info please?

I liked St Pauli when I went to Hamburg, if they have links with the German rags, they can fook right off.

We bailed them out twice as far as I know, and Dresden, Hannover, Rostock and a few others. Can't stand St. Pauli fans tbh, I hate their leftie political stance.

-- Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:41 am --

Why Always Ste said:
Does anyone here agree with their Ultras?

Are you against modern football yourself?

it's about time the Supporters reclaimed this sport, from the Corporate twats who exploit us.

Not in Germany I'm not no. I can't understand our fans moaning about "modern football", we get fair prices and are actively involved. I pay more to see Sheff United than I pay to see Bayern so I can understand English fans being p#ssed off.

Maybe this is why tickets are cheaper for Bayern than Sheffield Utd then?
As Bayern havea group of fans protesting about the pricing of football yet Sheff Utd don't...

if the Ultras stopped, maybe the German clubs would resort to extortionate pricing like English clubs?<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:10 pm --<br /><br />
CTID1988 said:
Hyde FC home games are £16, that is blue square premier....
When in Munich i got a Baynern ticket for about 15-20 euros. Somethings not right there

We are happily being exploited in this country by Football Clubs.

We pay whatever prices they dictate to us and never say anything about it.

These clubs are just businesses and will exploit like any other business.
The problem is we are too loyal to the clubs and they know it.

shevtheblue said:
footballs coming home, really Bayern fans? go fuck yourselves

Who say's the German's don't have a sense of humour? Having attended plenty of Bundesliga games, divisions 1 - 6, I'd say they Bayern fans were pretty muted compared to their domestic fixtures.

Bembeltown said:
I personally can understand if people dont like the "German" sort of support and I am still a big fan of the old school English atmosphere (might be an age thing), however its the way it is in Germany right now and I personally prefer this over sitting in silence with arms folded.

The comments on the two guys in the front row, who sort of organize the singing, waving and whatnot are a bit out of order though. Those guys are usually the ones who can be found at every home and away game and haven´t missed any games in ages.

I can only comment on the two at Bayern. I think there is room for all types of supporters including the drummers and flag wavers but I really can't see the point of following your team everywhere and watching the crowd for 90 minutes while ranting through a megaphone. I'm sorry but a football fan surely wants to actually see the game !? I'm ok with the "ultras" but these two guys seem to me a bit sad, Billy no mates types that want a bit of attention and probably never had a girlfriend. The thought of going to a game and not actually watching it is lunacy.
The only thing I would ban, and thankfully they are not allowed in Munich, are megaphones. I can cope with drums, bugles, flags etc but the constant drone of one moron's voice booming out over everyone else is f##king irritating.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:32 pm --<br /><br />
Why Always Ste said:
Not in Germany I'm not no. I can't understand our fans moaning about "modern football", we get fair prices and are actively involved. I pay more to see Sheff United than I pay to see Bayern so I can understand English fans being p#ssed off.

Maybe this is why tickets are cheaper for Bayern than Sheffield Utd then?
As Bayern have a group of fans protesting about the pricing of football yet Sheff Utd don't...

if the Ultras stopped, maybe the German clubs would resort to extortionate pricing like English clubs?

[/quote]

They wouldn't though, prices were always cheap over here long before the "ultras" turned up.

Just after we moved to the Etihad it was noted that the atmosphere generated could be a lot better and the Atmosphere Action Group was incarnated. One lad who used to travel with us ended up with a megaphone. Don't think anyone was the slightest bit interested in it and carrying on the chants.

If we really want to replicate what the fans from Europe bring to our ground each week, then unfortunately it'll take a lot more than a guy with a megaphone or a guy with a drum. I hate to say it, but I think apathy plays a large part in this because we know we as fans get fleeced, some of the stewards don't allow standing (yet away fans seem to be stood in a section of the ground that must have reinforced foundations) and its no longer a match...its a 'matchday experience'. Yet we showed against Hamburg, the rags on many occasions and in a lot of other games that we can be the 12th man. Its frustrating, but other than Palace I can't see our culture trying to emulate the Europeans on the same scale for a while. Just don't ever do that piped chanting through the tannoys again, please.

Joycee Banercheck said:
Just after we moved to the Etihad it was noted that the atmosphere generated could be a lot better and the Atmosphere Action Group was incarnated. One lad who used to travel with us ended up with a megaphone. Don't think anyone was the slightest bit interested in it and carrying on the chants.

If we really want to replicate what the fans from Europe bring to our ground each week, then unfortunately it'll take a lot more than a guy with a megaphone or a guy with a drum. I hate to say it, but I think apathy plays a large part in this because we know we as fans get fleeced, some of the stewards don't allow standing (yet away fans seem to be stood in a section of the ground that must have reinforced foundations) and its no longer a match...its a 'matchday experience'. Yet we showed against Hamburg, the rags on many occasions and in a lot of other games that we can be the 12th man. Its frustrating, but other than Palace I can't see our culture trying to emulate the Europeans on the same scale for a while. Just don't ever do that piped chanting through the tannoys again, please.

Until City stop having two singing ends of about 1500 people split by 3000 noisy away fans, then these problems will remain.

That's the reason the atmosphere was better for Wigan in the Carling Cup that it was for Bayern in The Champions League.

The rest of the ground need to take their lead from elsewhere at "key" moments in the game.

Tbilisi said:
Bilboblue said:
Maldeika said:
Bayern saved them from bankruptcy a couple of years ago. It that is a link?

More info please?

I liked St Pauli when I went to Hamburg, if they have links with the German rags, they can fook right off.

St Pauli are twats,tried to attack City in a square before our friendly with Hamburg a few years ago but got a bit of a pasting.

I remember that, I was partaking in the delights of the Reeperbahn at the time so missed it happening, was always under the impression it was Hamburg fans though, it was the night before the match iirc?

St. Pauli had a game against NAC Breda the Friday night it happened, a few of us, Oxblue, Levets? and others were drinking in one of St. Paulis main pubs, they didn't like it too much!

There's always a compromise.

There's absolutely no reason why a *proper* singing block can't be created from the current mishmash of 6 indifferent singing blocks.

Let's be honest. If you pulled the singers out of the current 6 singing blocks, roughly 3000 fans, you'd be lucky to fill a single block(500) full of singers.

However, if the club do decide to relocate the away fans, then they have the perfect opportunity to at least make 1 proper singing block. A block that can hold 500 fans who want to sing as much as possible, and throughout the match. If that block fills up? then the club could open another block. etc.

As I keep on pointing out, it's all down to the club. 1894 can do as much as they can, but unless the club backs them and us 100% properly on this on-going issue, then nothing is ever going to change.

When the proposals and information of the South Stand expansion are made public, and if they include the away fans being moved, that's when we(the fans) need to get a campaign going to convince the club to create at least one, if not two proper singing blocks, in the current away blocks.

just a few points on here. no point people getting angry about things or saying things will never change. things are changing.
club are not paying 1894 lip service. we have asked them to push ideas on their social media, scarves flags etc. the club are trying it's up to fans to buy into it.

it's no good if all they see on message boards is : our fans are shit, nothing will ever change, start looking at the positives.

we had 20,000 part time fans in the ground Wednesday. no booze in the ground and an early goal against us. we couldn't even get the ball. Bayern and a lot of continental fans, just their culture, get in early and get it going. the club allowed their drummer in but only when it was searched. Bayern don't trash their own ground but they hide flares in their drums and hide fireworks in their flags and uli hoeness had to speak to their fans group after they set some banners on fire at an away game saying "stop showing us up"

they were not a patch on other euro fans. imagine if we just sang "City" and waved one way and then sang "City" again and waved another way. ok for minutes but then what? i'd rather bring back 50-100 of the old songs, which we intend to do and get the support to learn every word again so that everyone has enough to sing all game.

the club are pushing things through social media. we plugged a meeting with the club. only 80 showed up. so we can only do so much. we asked for donations, which paid for card displays, surfer flags, banners, stick flags. if you are REALLY bothered about it and I mean REALLY bothered, you will join us and get involved. if not, keep moaning about it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.