City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Marvin said:
George Hannah said:
ColinLee said:
So, just the one from yourself (who would Sanchez replace BTW?) and George is unusually quiet.

So surely we've not been 'significantly' hamstrung then and we've quietly strengthened where we needed it (once the CB is sorted). I for one think our starting 11 is as strong or stronger than anyone else in the PL with top drawer backup regardless of any further signings from our rivals (short of the rags just buying Real Madrid's entire team).
I have opined on this subject elsewhere, (alas too frequently) but for the sake of clarification:
The top clubs have all strengthened with marquee players or in the process of doing so, Lewandowski to Bayern, Falcao to Madrid, Suarez to Barca, Costa to Chelsea, Sanchez to Arsenal etc.
These are in addition to high quality upgrades not quite at that level such as Fabregas, Marquinhos, Kroos et al and this is where I see our own current signings including Mangala/Benatia.
If the Swampies follow suit with either or both of Vidal & Di Maria I think the pool of world class talent on the market in this window will have been pretty much fished out. The major clubs all manage at least one big signing each season and so far we haven't. Also I think we have obvious positions which need strengthening but haven't been and attribute this inaction entirely to the UEFA attack.

As for the name game I think either Sanchez or Di Maria could have been ideal giving us extra pace and if Yaya goes (highly unlikely as that would be) someone like Vidal or Kroos is needed as a matter of urgency. Luke Shaw would have been a great acquisition too. One or more of Garcia, Negredo, Nastasic, Navas, Kolarov along with Rodwell and Richards would have to make way.

1) FFP sanctions are for 1 year

2) A team like MCFC were in a very different place than MUFC, or Chelsea

You don't rebuild the Champions, you supplement it and look where the weaknesses are and try and strengthen those positions. That's what we have done

Just what is the obsession with Luke Shaw? He's a good young English player but he's not better than Kolarov or Clichy. Utd overpaid massively, and if we had done that we'd have been subject to a lot of criticism

Regarding Chelsea, they were only 4 points off pace last season and have a much younger team with a much better injury record.

birchwoodgingerste said:
The dirty rags have announced a new 450 addidas kit deal we will have to pull a rabbit out of the bag im sure our owners will have summat up there sleaves.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-confirm-10-year-adidas-7418828" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... as-7418828</a>

fuck me and they said ours was over valued

I actually think this is the last hurrah, all of the existing 'top 4' know we are restricted this year so will go all out to secure a top 4 spot, Liverpool know they will fail FFP next year unless they don't get the guaranteed champs league money so need to strengthen so they can get a top 4 spot next year, Arsenal know that they have consistently been on the edge of missing out so must spend, Chelsea will keep getting big money for shite players and strengthening due to the influence Mourinho has with certain agents, and Utd can now spend what they want (pretty much) with the huge sponsorship deals they now have.

If we are in the top 4 still next season, I think that will be it, whoever misses out will struggle to break into it again.

sweeps feet said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
The dirty rags have announced a new 750 addidas kit deal we will have to pull a rabbit out of the bag im sure our owners will have summat up there sleaves.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/manchester-united-confirm-10-year-adidas-7418828" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... as-7418828</a>

fuck me and they said ours was over valued

SiMCFC said:
I actually think this is the last hurrah, all of the existing 'top 4' know we are restricted this year so will go all out to secure a top 4 spot, Liverpool know they will fail FFP next year unless they don't get the guaranteed champs league money so need to strengthen so they can get a top 4 spot next year, Arsenal know that they have consistently been on the edge of missing out so must spend, Chelsea will keep getting big money for shite players and strengthening due to the influence Mourinho has with certain agents, and Utd can now spend what they want (pretty much) with the huge sponsorship deals they now have.

If we are in the top 4 still next season, I think that will be it, whoever misses out will struggle to break into it again.

Also dont forget BT bought the CL rights and it starts from 15-16 trough 17-18, so in that 3 season CL money for English teams could mean extra 15-20m pounds.

Now on avg and English team gets around 25-30m pounds from CL (more if reaches semis or final) but with new deal it could be 40-50m pounds even if a club failes to get out of group stage or only reaches 1/16 finals like us last season.

It will paid out at first after the 2015-2016 CL campaign but for that you need to qualify for CL place now in the upcoming 14-15 season.

Top4 this season is huge, the one missing out will certainly feel it financially lot more than before.

I would like so much if Spurs or Everton could come in somehow for 4th place. Pretty sure United will be back with Van Gaal, Chelsea too, us too, but would love Pool+Arsenal both missing out on probably 40-50m CL income. And seeing the likes of Ozil, Sanchez go to EL on Thursday nights.:)
Or at least Rodgers boys...

Well certainly somebody will finish 5th...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.