City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Suze9320 said:
How can this be financial fair play if this is deemed fair value...

I might be wrong but I don't think fair value has anything to do with it as its not a related party. Only if its a related party would Uefa apply a fair value test to it.

willipp said:
Suze9320 said:
How can this be financial fair play if this is deemed fair value...

I might be wrong but I don't think fair value has anything to do with it as its not a related party. Only if its a related party would Uefa apply a fair value test to it.

It does however set a marker for what fair value might be. Someone's paid 750m for a deal, and whilst United are a bigger club than us, and kit deals (probably) place a lot of significance in fans base (whereas say a shirt sponsor probably cares more about exposure), it still help us to make a claim that we can get a deal worth (say) half of that.

I don't want to argue about whether we are worth half of what United are to a kit maker, that's not the point - it's just that there's a marker laid down now. No doubt Bayern / Real / Barca will follow suit with similar size deals which will have a knock on effect on the rest of us.

Of course there is also a worse scenario... that kit makers start putting more eggs in fewer baskets and start focusing on bigger deals for fewer teams. We 'should' be ok in that scenario, but it'd hurt other teams.

Apparently FFP applies only to CL.

Apart from the effect on fans, what are the financial effects on a Team say Manchester United this year ?

Just a thought that perhaps PSG are prepared to gamble their place in CL and as City have found any 'fine' comes out of receipts from CL anyway.
They are not short of income, in fact that was why FFP was introduced as I understand it to punish Clubs that want to buy instant success whilst ignoring those that did the same in a longer timescale.

Even if UEFA eventually impose the ultimate sanction and ban PSG from Europe what effect will that have on the Agents and their mercenary assets ?

Will the financial rewards of a lucrative contract with PSG prove to be a greater attraction than the supposed honour of playing in the CL ? Up to now it has been argued that players move for the chance to play in Europe. The fact that they increase their income is of course a purely accidental effect for both agent and player.

PSG may very well find out if this assumption is correct or not,

I have a question regarding City's squad for premier league not the champions league:

Is this article true?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ester-city-transfers-eliaquim-mangala-7415549

If so, when City signes Mangala they will have 18 foreign players, and FA allows only 17 foreign players in the premier league squad.

According to the article this is the list of City's foreign players (including Mangala):
Caballero, Sagna, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Mangala (when signed), Kolarov, Fernando Reges, Garcia, Toure, Fernandinho, Navas, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic, Negredo.

This is 18 players, that means one of these (if no one is sold) can not be registered for the premier league.
Why pay big money for a foreign player who can not even be registered for the premier league? I mean OK if you can't register everyone for the champions league - let's say that's around 10 games during season, but to have a player which can not be involved in 38 games during the season?

Someone of these 18 will be sold before the season starts?

I'm really surprised that City's management didn't at least try to buy one homegrown player during this transfer window.

DelBosque said:
I have a question regarding City's squad for premier league not the champions league:

Is this article true?

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ester-city-transfers-eliaquim-mangala-7415549

If so, when City signes Mangala they will have 18 foreign players, and FA allows only 17 foreign players in the premier league squad.

According to the article this is the list of City's foreign players (including Mangala):
Caballero, Sagna, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Mangala (when signed), Kolarov, Fernando Reges, Garcia, Toure, Fernandinho, Navas, Silva, Nasri, Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic, Negredo.

This is 18 players, that means one of these (if no one is sold) can not be registered for the premier league.
Why pay big money for a foreign player who can not even be registered for the premier league? I mean OK if you can't register everyone for the champions league - let's say that's around 10 games during season, but to have a player which can not be involved in 38 games during the season?

Someone of these 18 will be sold before the season starts?

I'm really surprised that City's management didn't at least try to buy one homegrown player during this transfer window.
Someone will leave, Garcia looks to be the favorite at the moment

SilverFox2 said:
Apparently FFP applies only to CL.

Apart from the effect on fans, what are the financial effects on a Team say Manchester United this year ?

Just a thought that perhaps PSG are prepared to gamble their place in CL and as City have found any 'fine' comes out of receipts from CL anyway.
They are not short of income, in fact that was why FFP was introduced as I understand it to punish Clubs that want to buy instant success whilst ignoring those that did the same in a longer timescale.

Even if UEFA eventually impose the ultimate sanction and ban PSG from Europe what effect will that have on the Agents and their mercenary assets ?

Will the financial rewards of a lucrative contract with PSG prove to be a greater attraction than the supposed honour of playing in the CL ? Up to now it has been argued that players move for the chance to play in Europe. The fact that they increase their income is of course a purely accidental effect for both agent and player.

PSG may very well find out if this assumption is correct or not,
This seems to be the paradox of this situation .
Neither City nor PSG really need the income from the champions league but they do need to comply with their bent rules in order to play in their competitions . Sheik Mansour and Khaldoon have made it clear that participation in the CL is essential to raising the club' s and Abu Dhabi's profile, so they will comply at least as things stand at the moment.
It would seem odd that PSG , a club owned by a tourist agency whose aim is surely to raise the profile of the country of its owners, would take the gamble of being expelled from all that TV coverage.
They would also presumably have to do what the rags are planning to do and arrange 'friendlies' with non- Uefa clubs around the world as a profile raiser - but that is taking a big risk as who knows who , if anyone would want to pay to watch essentially non-competitive games.

As far as I'm aware, PSG have only purchased Luiz for 43m euro. Not entirely sure what their cap is, but around that mark, so as things stand, they're not flaunting any agreement yet.

They may plan to sell a couple of players too, that remains to be seen. They have the January will too don't forget, where they could potentially offload a player or two if needs must.

City & FFP (continued)

I initially thought city were right not to legally challenge our ruling but since united signed that humongous deal with Adidas I've changed my mind. Surely this is against competition laws.

Imagine if they ruled that a new startup clothes shop could only build smaller shops unless they made a certain profit whilst letting another company like say debenhans make it as big as they wanted. There'd be outrage and it would be challenged in the European court of law etc

We need to legally challenge this ruling

surely the rags £70m a year shirt deal is not fair market value??? real Madrid get £37m???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.