City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
squirtyflower said:
It's in black and white, now.
it was then too

it seems they can write it in invisible ink
They are snakes and I wouldn't be surprised if they tried something, I just don't think they have a chance in hell of getting away with it.
you can never trust those robbing bastards

squirtyflower said:
squirtyflower said:
it was then too

it seems they can write it in invisible ink
They are snakes and I wouldn't be surprised if they tried something, I just don't think they have a chance in hell of getting away with it.
you can never trust those robbing bastards

Isn't that the title of UEFA's official anthem?

UEFA president Michel Platini said in his speech to the ECA: "The framework for financial fair play must be dynamic, it must evolve constantly, which is why I have convened an important round table on the subject with your representatives at UEFA headquarters on 13 October. 'Must be dynamic, must evolve constantly = shift the goalposts.

Moriati said:
UEFA president Michel Platini said in his speech to the ECA: "The framework for financial fair play must be dynamic, it must evolve constantly, which is why I have convened an important round table on the subject with your representatives at UEFA headquarters on 13 October. 'Must be dynamic, must evolve constantly = shift the goalposts.
And this is were the problem lies for me,they will just change the rules or amend them to suit their needs,and keep us in check...

deano ou812 said:
Moriati said:
And this is were the problem lies for me,they will just change the rules or amend them to suit their needs,and keep us in check...
That statement was made about a month ago...... At first it made my blood run cold, but then my blood started to boil.

Seeing ManUre up to 4th with 2 player's scoring who wouldn't have been there if not for FFP made me feel sick. If they shift the goal posts again, then this time its fucking war!

I think there's very little they can pull us up on from hereon in. This first monitoring period was always going to be touch and go so a tweaking of the goalposts made it easy for us to fail. But we're projected to pass from now on and with revenues continuing to increase we're even in line to start making a profit very soon. Disallowing sponsorships of various parts of the CFA would be an outrageous piss take and they'd get torn a new one in the courts. It'll be ten times harder to stitch us up from now on.

I think that statement from Platini could easily be read differently in that it could actually be that they might be looking at relaxing the regs. He said there had been complaints about FFP from some clubs and with the DuPont challenge looming it could be that they're worried that the whole thing might fall apart.

I wouldn't worry about rule changes other than around deals with related clubs there is not much they can do on most of the rest of our deals without upsetting people.

I think most people have missed the big game out of the Middle East and just how much UEFA and indeed FIFA are being influenced. City did not have a lot of voice but their owners have spent a lot of time talking to Madrid and shortly (I think announced now) Madrids major sponsor will be an Abu Dhabi institution, city too have influence through Dubai and they have influence at arsenal and PSG. Qatar meanwhile have Paris but also have leverage over Barcelona . City now have as a major sponsor one of the major sponsors of the champions league etc etc. city are not just fighting the business battle they and PSG are getting influence at some of the biggest clubs and biggest sponsors in the game!!! They are also getting other football federations on side and investing into new areas in a formidable way. You will note clubs like Real have said very little. More deals will be coming that increase UAE influence on other clubs, more deals will come that build our links with major UCL and football sponsors and things will have changed in a way UEFA understand but most city fans let alone other fans will see.

As for FFP maybe it stopped di Maria to PSG but I am not sure it effected any of our plans we would not have paid what United did for either ADM or RF

The future is well and truly blue

Seeing it in aus today - main story after Souths 43 year triumph is Melbourne City and a certain Spanish striker!

EalingBlue2 said:
I wouldn't worry about rule changes other than around deals with related clubs there is not much they can do on most of the rest of our deals without upsetting people.

I think most people have missed the big game out of the Middle East and just how much UEFA and indeed FIFA are being influenced. City did not have a lot of voice but their owners have spent a lot of time talking to Madrid and shortly (I think announced now) Madrids major sponsor will be an Abu Dhabi institution, city too have influence through Dubai and they have influence at arsenal and PSG. Qatar meanwhile have Paris but also have leverage over Barcelona . City now have as a major sponsor one of the major sponsors of the champions league etc etc. city are not just fighting the business battle they and PSG are getting influence at some of the biggest clubs and biggest sponsors in the game!!! They are also getting other football federations on side and investing into new areas in a formidable way. You will note clubs like Real have said very little. More deals will be coming that increase UAE influence on other clubs, more deals will come that build our links with major UCL and football sponsors and things will have changed in a way UEFA understand but most city fans let alone other fans will see.

As for FFP maybe it stopped di Maria to PSG but I am not sure it effected any of our plans we would not have paid what United did for either ADM or RF

Seeing it in aus today - main story after Souths 43 year triumph is Melbourne City and a certain Spanish striker!

Agree with all this. Barca, Madrid and the like care little about Man City and FFP. They all see the big picture.

FFP in Man Citys case is pushed by the Old top 4 cartel who have lost out on a Champions League spot and for some reason Bayern

gh_mcfc said:
EalingBlue2 said:

Agree with all this. Barca, Madrid and the like care little about Man City and FFP. They all see the big picture.

FFP in Man Citys case is pushed by the Old top 4 cartel who have lost out on a Champions League spot and for some reason Bayern[/quot

You couldn't be more wrong

gh_mcfc said:
EalingBlue2 said:

FFP in Man Citys case is pushed by the Old top 4 cartel who have lost out on a Champions League spot and for some reason Bayern
Bayern imo have done it because they are far and away richer than any other german club and wanted to make sure they didn't end up with a sheik buying a rival

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.