City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Henkeman said:
Bluewonder said:
fbloke said:
I think its reasonable to say that City, unlike UEFA and a few others, were playing the long game and had no stress about the viability of the MCFC and CFG business model after the initial, accelerated investment.

What I find remarkable is the myopic viewpoint of all clubs pre-Sheikh Mansour.

The more I see and hear about the way the CFG is being formed and operated the more I realise how limited, nay lazy, the owners and boards of mufc, munich, barca, real and all the rest have been.

The 'business' of football has one leading owner now and the rest still havent figured out how far behind they will fall and it will be a decade before they wake up to the new reality, and that will be something the cannot catch up.

As Khaldoon said, lets see how it looks in 2020
Yep, by the time they've realised what's hit them, it'll all be too late.

Whatever else they are, I don't believe they're stupid. They'll be well aware of what City are doing. That's why they're trying ideas in the same vein now, but they are struggling to repeat it.

CFC are desperate to move into a bigger stadium

AFC are commercially in the dark age

MUFC have go blood out of most available stones

Barca and Real are having to share TV revenues and are willing to sell naming rights, shirt sponsorship and anything else to compete.

Bayern are simply not seeing revenue grow enough

And then there is City.

So is it safe to say there is no chance of platini and his cohorts trying to a) hurriedly make up new rules..
B) move the goalposts..regards the campus?

The more you think about it the more the timing of the CFA and associated sponsorships is pretty much ideal.

Iirc we have over £40m available in FFP terms (plus any sales) for any Jan transfer spending which will mean we are free from further restrictions in summer as long as we dont breach FFP again.

Boom, the CFA brings in tens of millions of extra revenue guaranteeing that FFP is a walk in the park and the summer of 2015 is one without restriction.

fbloke said:
Henkeman said:
Bluewonder said:
Yep, by the time they've realised what's hit them, it'll all be too late.

Whatever else they are, I don't believe they're stupid. They'll be well aware of what City are doing. That's why they're trying ideas in the same vein now, but they are struggling to repeat it.

CFC are desperate to move into a bigger stadium

AFC are commercially in the dark age

MUFC have go blood out of most available stones

Barca and Real are having to share TV revenues and are willing to sell naming rights, shirt sponsorship and anything else to compete.

Bayern are simply not seeing revenue grow enough

And then there is City.

there's billions upon billions in Asia and America there to be exploited, but CFG will get there first and thus be at the top seat at the table when any other clubs decide to join us, which they will.

deano ou812 said:
So is it safe to say there is no chance of platini and his cohorts trying to a) hurriedly make up new rules..

Sadly, given the way UEFA have behaved thus far that's a perfectly plausible scenario.

Ric said:
deano ou812 said:

Sadly, given the way UEFA have behaved thus far that's a perfectly plausible scenario.
aren't they passing the claret round in Nyon soon to sort out their next attack on us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.