City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Another great article from Martin Samuel. He’s understood what FFP was all about from day one.
Spot on! I remember reading an article by him about FFP a couple of years ago. He was saying the elite want to pull up the drawbridge before the city’s of this world joined them.
I also remember him saying how difficult it would be to attract buyers to clubs that were not in the elite. He quoted Villa who were up for sale at the time, he was spot on. Who would want to buy a club you were prevented to invest in because of ffp, the whole thing stinks.

If you read the article it will tell you exactly what we have to worry about. The restriction will be based on net transfers each season and not related to income.
Bloody good article by the way.
Won’t solve the “Chelsea” type situation, whilst they still find a way of selling average players for vastly inflated fees, thus still giving them the upper hand in net transfer value.

Spot on! I remember reading an article by him about FFP a couple of years ago. He was saying the elite want to pull up the drawbridge before the city’s of this world joined them.
I also remember him saying how difficult it would be to attract buyers to clubs that were not in the elite. He quoted Villa who were up for sale at the time, he was spot on. Who would want to buy a club you were prevented to invest in because of ffp, the whole thing stinks.

All you see is Villa fans complaining about FFP on Twitter. Wolves fans are the same, as are plenty more clubs. More people are aware why FFP was created now. It’s not UEFA’s and the top clubs little secret anymore.

If you read the article it will tell you exactly what we have to worry about. The restriction will be based on net transfers each season and not related to income.
Bloody good article by the way.

Which will put the academy into overload as a source of money, and probably just make us sell players a bit younger when they still have some value left.

All you see is Villa fans complaining about FFP on Twitter. Wolves fans are the same, as are plenty more clubs. More people are aware why FFP was created now. It’s not UEFA’s and the top clubs little secret anymore.
And when most were pointing at us and laughing we were the only ones warning we would be the last to try and scramble up a closing drawbridge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.