City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Fair play, though, saying that "I can't see how you don't think that" was an inflammatory turn-of-phrase.

Should have made it clearer that it's just a personal, and by no means expert, opinion.

But that's like, you know, 99.9% of internet forum posts, so I wouldn't react too seriously lol

Just have to agree to disagree - I think the amount of media attention from the world at large on City is much more intense right now, in the lead up to the big title-deciding clash with Liverpool and between two UCL knockout games, is much higher than it was at the time of the derby. It's not just the fanbases of the teams involved, it's the whole international audience, which I think are much more interested in the Big EPL Showdown than the Manchester Derby.
When you say agree to disagree you're supposed to end the conversation. Otherwise you just look like you're trying to have the last say...

Yes I see your reasoning but you're missing my point about the attention being on the game itself. If your argument is maximum exposure, you don't do it at a time where it's likely to get buried amongst all the other content around the biggest fixture of the season for both clubs. Try not to sidestep this if you're going to continue this debate.

As I said, I see your argument but "it's naive" to think this wouldn't get the same traction whenever they chose to release it. They have specific target audience where none of what you say really matters(mainstream aren't really going to be interested in this).

Last edited:
When you say agree to disagree you're supposed to end the conversation. Otherwise you look like you're trying to have the last say...

Yes I see your reasoning but your missing my point about the attention is on the game itself. If your argument is maximum exposure you don't do it at a time where it's likely to get buried amongst all the other content around the biggest fixture of the season. Try not to sidestep this if you're going to continue this debate.

As I said I see your argument but it's naive to think this wouldn't get the same traction whenever they chose to release it. They have specific target audience where none of what you say really matters.
You are wasting your time on a clear WUM and complete moron.

When you say agree to disagree you're supposed to end the conversation. Otherwise you look like you're trying to have the last say...

Yes I see you're reasoning but your missing my point about the attention is on the game itself. If your argument is maximum exposure you don't do it at a time where it's likely to get buried amongst all the other content around the biggest fixture of the season.

As I said I see your argument but it's naive to think this wouldn't get the same traction whenever they chose to release it. They have specific target audience where none of what you say really matters.

Yeah, fair enough. Like I said, I'm not too mithered about any of it, it's just the simplest explanation for me; they have a story that they know will appeal to a lot of people about City, and they want to publish it when it will get the most exposure and attention, so they publish it when there's a lot of ongoing talk about City. Would they really expect to get the same attention if they published it while we were playing a dead rubber against Club Brugge or something? I mean, maybe, yeah, there's less City-story competition at that time, but I'd still bet the demand is highest right now.

You can have the last word if you like, make it a good'un, I have to go and do real life unfortunately

Won't be able to get through the day wondering if I've been banned for my incredible WUM matchday takes of "we would be better with a striker", "Mahrez is good", and "oh no I wish that goal attempt had gone in" lol

I just find it hard to believe that our finances haven't been arranged in a, let's say, elegant way to slip through regulations at some point during this ownership, whether it's in this particular case or not. I mean, we did get done for it once, let's not forget
Liverpool media translation: "You got caught cooking your books before"? No we didn't, we spent too much(and we had an excuse for that). Liverpool did the same and and wrote off £50m for a stadium that didn't get built.
I think maybe it's just a high-emotions part of the season and City fans have built up a very Us vs Them mentality about this sort of thing,
Nick Harris translation: "Weaponised"?
so even the fairly mild suggestion that, say, City-related pieces are published around the time of big City games because that's when the piece will get the most attention and make the most money, rather than the publication wanting to mess up the club's psyche ahead of a big game, becomes outrageous and ridiculous.
Pandorica special: "It's outrageous and ridiculous and naive and not allowed, to suggest they are trying to disrupt City with the timing of this"? I'm not even sure what your arguing there. Is that what you were saying? Or did you mean to say(it happens don't worry, that's what the edit button is for) me disagreeing with you on that is outrageous? I think I explained my position more politely than you deserved to be honest, if that's what you meant. Your attitude could use some work though.
Lets all roll a blunt and have beans on toast with some Bob Marley on innit. I'm not a wum(this should throw them off the scent). lol
That explains a lot. Go watch some cartoons in future, when you're on one.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.