City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

squirtyflower said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
squirtyflower said:
89.5000000000000000000000001%, so I'm with Marvin
Depends on whose accounting standards you're using ;-)
Well I've crossed PWC off my list of auditors of choice, crooked bastards
It's the crooked ones that are the most useful!

blueinsa said:
It seems my confidence that we have this completely under control was misplaced and that they have well and truly conspired to completely fuck us over.

If it's war they want then so be it but it's beginning to feel as though we may just have to swallow their medicine for the longer good.

Short term pain no doubt but our future is assured and we will go on to destroy the lot of them.

They were always going to fuck us over sadly - the rules were aimed squarely at us and we were always the target

They dont give a fuck and regardless of how corrupt the process is it simply does not matter to them because they will impose these sanctions

If we appeal we will loose and bet banned if we pay we accept liability and will then be subject to further challenges from other clubs

Simply put we will never destry UEFA because we will never be considered to be one of Europes Elite

This will cause massive problems going forward

nmc said:
Marvin said:
What are the chances of a settlement?

90% I'd say

In normal circumstances I'd agree but all the rumors are that City are NOT negotiating. We will not accept any sanction - on the basis that we believe on the basis of our audited accounts we have NOT failed FFP so I'm not so sure we will get to an agreement because UEFA either need to accept our position or there is no deal at this point and UEFA cannot agree to our position because the G14 clubs won't accept this. UEFA have to find us guilty regardless of the facts.

No, they really don't.

They have a decision to make. Do they either

(a) upset David Gill, Rummenigge, Wenger and whoever else by backing down and saying City have passed? (Very very unpalatable for them, I am sure.)

Or (b) stick to their guns and say we've failed and here's your £50m fine etc.?

(b) seems like the obvious choice doesn't it. But then think about what (b) might mean. City might very well have said "if you do that, we will see you in court". And they might not be bluffing. And if it goes to court, it will get very messy (no pun intended). Imagine what Platini might be thinking "All of those emails between me and Rummenigge are going to come out. And god in heaven that was that dreadful email from me where I called Sheikh Mansour that racist term and said I was going to get the bastard, don't worry Karl Heinz. I could go to jail over this."

I think I am going to have to back down and let City off.

john@staustell said:
Has anything at all actually come from UEFA?

Nothing official but they have been leaking info to the Press Association for weeks.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Could it be argued at the CAS that if the Etihad deal is deemed to be a related party transaction, then we should be entitled to reevaluate it in an upwards direction as well as downwards for the purposes of FFP?

Maybe we could also ask UEFA to share the formula that they use to determine what IS and what ISN'T deemed fair value for a sponsorship deal. Surely if this is the reason we have failed their rules they're not just using guesswork, I mean how would that look in court.

Could you imagine the damage we could do in challenging other clubs' deals with said formula.

Have to say the fact we have left it till Monday suggests to me we will accept as we can do it when everyone is talking about what they hope will be our title win and therefore get less press!

EalingBlue2 said:
Have to say the fact we have left it till Monday suggests to me we will accept as we can do it when everyone is talking about what they hope will be our title win and therefore get less press!
or maybe, we have more leverage if we become champions of England!

bluesoup said:
EalingBlue2 said:
or maybe, we have more leverage if we become champions of England!

UEFA dont give a fuck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.