City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

For me the IP deals, that sold "know how" look lot more suspicious than the Etihad deal.

Also Etihad deal is only 35m/year and to change that its harder for Uefa as they have make sure its related party and also have to have apoints that our shirt sponsor+stadium name sponsor and Etihad Campus together doesnt worth 35m.

But with the IP deals, those are clearly related party deals. I think its harder to prove that those real real value as its not a common thing to sell know how in football, or the woman team pays money for branding right or what the hell they paid for...

EalingBlue2 said:
Have to say the fact we have left it till Monday suggests to me we will accept as we can do it when everyone is talking about what they hope will be our title win and therefore get less press!
Most of football already thinks we've been fined. The news is already out.

EalingBlue2 said:
Have to say the fact we have left it till Monday suggests to me we will accept as we can do it when everyone is talking about what they hope will be our title win and therefore get less press!

Accept what? I can tell you that they will not accept what was leaked

I just don't get how this could ever be held up in a court of law. Now I'm no expect but surely the following would be almost impossible for uefa to prove:

1) Fair value - how can uefa determine that any sponsorship deal has been inflated? Say the sheik owned nike for example, who now make our kits, and the deal was around as big as United's, then under current FFP rules I bet you anything UEFA would kick off. However it would make perfect business sense! Why would our owner ever want another company to make our kits if he owned nike! Just like with our etihad deal, why would he want another rival airline sponsoring us and gaining all the exposure and advtages that come with it. He just wouldn't and it would be very hard for UEFA to argue in a court of law this is financial doping unless it was way above everyone else, which the current etihad deal isnt!!

2) wage restrictions - how can an association freeze a company's wage bill. This contravenes European employment law as far as I know it.

3) competition - i am sure FFP would be viewed as anti-competive as it's been build purely around revenue. It wants to impose financial restrictions then surely it has to be a set amount, for example no club can spend more than £100m on transfers in one season. At the moment a market leader like Madrid can spend way more than a smaller competitor, say atletico, due to the rules being set against current revenue. Therefore in business terms surely clubs could argue that is giving unfair competive advantage to the bigger teams.

It's all a joke and I can't believe they are getting away with it.

bluesoup said:
EalingBlue2 said:
or maybe, we have more leverage if we become champions of England!

That is equally true

Ducado said:
EalingBlue2 said:

Who's to say we and Paris didn't leak things so that when we get off with 15m and 21 squad it looks like a success.

To be honest we need to protect the etihad deal and we need the fine not to be in the calculation if we get those two I think the punishment would have little impact

EalingBlue2 said:
Ducado said:
EalingBlue2 said:

Who's to say we and Paris didn't leak things so that when we get off with 15m and 21 squad it looks like a success.

To be honest we need to protect the etihad deal and we need the fine not to be in the calculation if we get those two I think the punishment would have little impact

It wouldn't have much impact if it was a £100m fine, but there's a principle at stake as well isn't there. Any punishment needs to be at a sufficiently low level that we can swallow it without it sticking in our throats too much.

You park on a yellow line but the lines obliterated and you can't see it and there's no sign. You get a parking ticket and pay your £50 and forget it, pissed off though you may be. But get your car clamped and perhaps it's £50 plus £350 release fee plus admin costs totally £500 and you think fuck this, I'll see you in court. Can you afford the £500 fee? Probably yes, but you'd still rather see them in court.

That said, I think we are going to get let off with a token punishment that we will accept. We'll see.

EalingBlue2 said:
I think the total opposite.

And we haven't left it until Monday. It is UEFA who keep pushing the deadline back as we are simply saying no, over and over again.

There is not a powerful man on Earth who hasn’t got some shit on them in their past, in their marriage, in their business dealings, etc which they wouldn’t want out in the Public domain. If this ends in tears, as it looks it may, Sheikh Mansour has at his disposal a Nations security services. I’m not talking about blackmail, I’m talking about retribution. If this goes on, the private lives and business dealings of the individuals who are a part of this (Rummenige, Gill, Platini, Wenger etc) should be poured over by Mansour’s people. Rummenige in particular and Bayern as a whole with their tax shenanigans will have something to hide, Gill will have something in his private life he doesn’t want coming out (he must have shagged somebody on the Utd staff at some point I’d have thought) and Wenger and Platini, well, they’re French, so there will be a litany of corrupt behaviour and sexual indiscretions to go at. Crawl over their private lives and blow the gaff.

It is entirely possible given the resources at Sheikh Mansour’s disposal. If this is war, we may as well go nuclear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.