City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Manchester_lalala said:
Hung said:
willy eckerslike said:
And UEFA have powerful allies in the Middle East too, be wary of thinking the battle will be one-sided.

...I’m not sure UEFA have a whole nation behind them.

I'm sure they haven't got barrack Obama on speed dial like mansour has. Maybe we can get him to get involved and nuke uefa hq.

that would be nice

Marvin said:
Chippy_boy said:
Forzacitizens said:
If we agree to a settlement we're admitting to have done wrong which we haven't. It's the principal.

I know it's a long thread, but this has been discussed many many times, and no it doesn't necessarily mean that.

We can agree a settlement whilst admitting no liability whatsoever. And it depends what's in the settlement. If UEFA say "look, we have to be seen to do something, but we promise to let you include your Etihad and IP deals going forward and we won't fail you again" then we may well accept.
There are two hurdles left:

This review, and the next which covers the same two seasons

2011/12 £97.8m loss
2012/13 £51.6m loss
plus this season 2013/14 which may well be profitable. This is the season when the Sky/BT deal comes into effect and the broadcasting revenues for the team that wins the title are estimated to increase from the £60m Utd received last season to around £100m for this season's title winners.

After that the £98m loss disappears from the tests and it should be straightforward

If City can be confident that there wont be any serious issue in 12 months time, it makes sense to me to accept a reduced sanction. How City have landed a fine for investing in the football club and transforming the club from a struggling club desperately clinging to the coat-tails of the Premiership, to one of Europe's leading clubs will be an embarrassment to clubs like Arsenal for years to come.

City maybe confident of winning an appeal or from taking legal action, but it's a risk, and it does not fit the consensual approach which our owners like to take

I did mention this earlier but there is also the very distinct possibility we don't want to defeat FFP at all. If we're sure of passing it once this settlement has been sorted it would be essentially like paying £20/£30m to make sure no-one comes in behind us. Alternative view to that is perhaps this was the plan all along, right until UEFA turned around and stabbed us in the back when all noises previous were that we would be fine. If we now feel they're 100% untrustworthy removing them from the equation could be the better route.

Still hoping this is all bluster, bit of chest beating, everyone being made to look like they're doing the right thing, all blows over and we move on.

dctid said:
blueinsa said:
It seems my confidence that we have this completely under control was misplaced and that they have well and truly conspired to completely fuck us over.

If it's war they want then so be it but it's beginning to feel as though we may just have to swallow their medicine for the longer good.

Short term pain no doubt but our future is assured and we will go on to destroy the lot of them.

They were always going to fuck us over sadly - the rules were aimed squarely at us and we were always the target

They dont give a fuck and regardless of how corrupt the process is it simply does not matter to them because they will impose these sanctions

If we appeal we will loose and bet banned if we pay we accept liability and will then be subject to further challenges from other clubs

Simply put we will never destry UEFA because we will never be considered to be one of Europes Elite

This will cause massive problems going forward

Exactly this IMO. We are unique because we threaten the status quo in a way that PSG do not. We ply our trade in the most lucrative, popular and competitive domestic league in the world by a country mile, where 4 of the existing cartel had the CL qualification places sewn up, year after year after. In joining the party, we will deprive one of these teams of£50m+ per year, whereas in France there is no real established pecking order and who really gives a shit anyway? French football has no global appeal.

Whatever, the cartel will never allow us to effectively ruin one of their number and they know this is absolutely their last chance to stop us. That is precisely why they have closed off every avenue. If we accept the punishment on offer, Liverpool, Arsenal or the rags will be given outrageous licence to appeal it on the grounds of inadequacy and we will be banned. If we go up UEFA's appeal chain, I'm certain that the wheels will have already been greased and we will be banned again. And if we go all the way to Court, by the time settlement is reached, it will be too late. Our best players will have gone and any chance of future CL qualification gone along with it.

I'll repeat what I said yesterday morning. I do not expect to be playing CL football next season, and it would not surprise me if the rags were invited to take our place rather than Everton, on the spurious grounds that this is an "unprecedented situation" and the team with the greatest European coefficient should benefit. If I look like a daft twat when none of this happens, then I look like a daft twat, but this is huge business we're talking about and we're dealing with an organisation run by a cartel for its own benefit, and the whole framework of FFP is in place precisely to kick us out.

Forzacitizens said:
If we agree to a settlement we're admitting to have done wrong which we haven't. It's the principal.

Without going through every page of this thread, do we actually know we haven't done anything wrong? I know we all speculate we're ok, but surely until anything official comes out around if we passed FFP with our deductions as has been discussed, we don't know if an agreeing to a settlement is the right thing to do.

For me its the severity of the punishment that seems excessive, but again all based on speculation. If we have failed in areas of FFP, then we should be negotiating the punishment that fits the failure. Problem I see is there is no precedence of punishment.

A mate who is a high level ex-government lawyer has always said we were clear according to the rules, so it's obvious UEFA has broken them. Presumably we've found a way to delay the declaration of war till after tomorrow.

So what the fuck are we going to do tomorrow, with the spotlight of the world on us - and then on Monday if we win? We should send Twatini a message he can't ignore, loud and clear.

Newspapers are saying UEFA's final offer was barely any different to the first.

They are taking the piss.

I honestly think we will appeal and this review panel will ban us from the Champion's League. It's what Arsenal, United and Liverpool have wanted all along. They probably think that without Europe our owners will sell and then it will go back to their established cosy group which will never be challenged again.

Should that happen i think we will go to court and the ban will be overturned.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
dctid said:
blueinsa said:
It seems my confidence that we have this completely under control was misplaced and that they have well and truly conspired to completely fuck us over.

If it's war they want then so be it but it's beginning to feel as though we may just have to swallow their medicine for the longer good.

Short term pain no doubt but our future is assured and we will go on to destroy the lot of them.

They were always going to fuck us over sadly - the rules were aimed squarely at us and we were always the target

They dont give a fuck and regardless of how corrupt the process is it simply does not matter to them because they will impose these sanctions

If we appeal we will loose and bet banned if we pay we accept liability and will then be subject to further challenges from other clubs

Simply put we will never destry UEFA because we will never be considered to be one of Europes Elite

Exactly this IMO. We are unique because we threaten the status quo in a way that PSG do not. We ply our trade in the most lucrative, popular and competitive domestic league in the world by a country mile, where 4 of the existing cartel had the CL qualification places sewn up, year after year after. In joining the party, we will deprive one of these teams of£50m+ per year, whereas in France there is no real established pecking order and who really gives a shit anyway? French football has no global appeal.

Whatever, the cartel will never allow us to effectively ruin one of their number and they know this is absolutely their last chance to stop us. That is precisely why they have closed off every avenue. If we accept the punishment on offer, Liverpool, Arsenal or the rags will be given outrageous licence to appeal it on the grounds of inadequacy and we will be banned. If we go up UEFA's appeal chain, I'm certain that the wheels will have already been greased and we will be banned again. And if we go all the way to Court, by the time settlement is reached, it will be too late. Our best players will have gone and any chance of future CL qualification gone along with it.

I'll repeat what I said yesterday morning. I do not expect to be playing CL football next season, and it would not surprise me if the rags were invited to take our place rather than Everton, on the spurious grounds that this is an "unprecedented situation" and the team with the greatest European coefficient should benefit. If I look like a daft twat when none of this happens, then I look like a daft twat, but this is huge business we're talking about and we're dealing with an organisation run by a cartel for its own benefit, and the whole framework of FFP is in place precisely to kick us out.

I think you're looking at what is the worst possible scenario but there's plenty to play out yet on this.

Tell you something though, if United, Liverpool, and Arsenal want to go to war with us then there are numerous ways we can fuck them over. Hostile bids for all their best players would be a good start. And what better way to launch our new state of the art academy than to poach the best academy players from each of those respective clubs? I'm sure we could offer those players attractive enough packages to convince them to join us. As such, I wouldn't go around flapping just yet.

M18CTID said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
dctid said:

I think you're looking at what is the worst possible scenario but there's plenty to play out yet on this.

Tell you something though, if United, Liverpool, and Arsenal want to go to war with us then there are numerous ways we can fuck them over. Hostile bids for all their best players would be a good start. And what better way to launch our new state of the art academy than to poach the best academy players from each of those respective clubs? I'm sure we could offer those players attractive enough packages to convince them to join us. As such, I wouldn't go around flapping just yet.
Exactly. Too much defeatism on this thread. Long way to go yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.