City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

willipp said:
Villa up for sale and their fans want a billionaire buyer. Oh how disappointed they will be if they do get a rich owner and FFP limits their growth. Maybe it will dawn on them that this isn't about stopping a Portsmouth, its about stopping another city.

I'm not sure how Villa voted on FFP, but I know they voted against the Premier League version, saying something along the lines of "it's wrong to take away clubs dreams and aspirations"
So on that basis, I sympathise with them.

patrickblue said:
willipp said:
Villa up for sale and their fans want a billionaire buyer. Oh how disappointed they will be if they do get a rich owner and FFP limits their growth. Maybe it will dawn on them that this isn't about stopping a Portsmouth, its about stopping another city.

I'm not sure how Villa voted on FFP, but I know they voted against the Premier League version, saying something along the lines of "it's wrong to take away clubs dreams and aspirations"
They did vote against it and because of that, they have my sympathies as well.

aguero93:20 said:
patrickblue said:
willipp said:

Indeed. Hopefully they're taken over by a wealthy owner regardless who can assist us in toppling this cartel protection scheme. You can bet Villa supporters would suddenly be a bit more vocal against it if you told them the thing stopping them 'doing a City' is a ruleset designed to protect the Real Madrid, Barcelona and co. Wouldn't seem so fair then.

aguero93:20 said:
patrickblue said:
willipp said:

Ahhh, apologies then to Villa fans, I didn't realise that.

The great thing about winning the league is that now any action taken by UEFA will be taken against the English Champions so they will have to tread little more carefully.

willipp said:

flb said:
BillyShears said:
Matty said:
If it is indeed the third party IP sale then that raises the issue of what happens in a year or so's time when the name of the third party is revealed (as will happen) and the IP sale turns out to be completely above board and perfectly acceptable? By that stage UEFA will have already fined us £50m, and reduced our Champion's League squad for this season (plus probably a similar punishment for next season, when the same issues will arise). Can we claim back the £50m? What about our Champion's League campaign? That will have long gone. Can we sue for potential lost earnings? If we go out in the 2nd round again could we argue that with a full 25 man squad we'd have progressed further? UEFA are playing with fire here.

Having spent the weekend looking into what the squad size reduction means for City, I'd suggest that we are fighting not just the financial sanctions, but also this particular sanction. A 21 man squad with 8 "English" players would leave us with a huge problem in registering players for next season's competition. We'd effectively be limited to 13 "foreign" players, and this is with me including Richards and Rodwell in our calculations. If we were to lose those two then the picture becomes even more complicated.

HART* PANT
NASTY KOMPANY CLICHY* KOLAROV RICHARDS* ZABA DEMI
DINHO NAVAS MILNER* NASRI RODWELL* SILVA GARCIA TOURE
DZEKO AGUERO JOVETIC NEGREDO

That's 21 players right there, and there's only 5 homegrown players in there two of whom are Richards and Rodwell. If we lose the appeal and/or are have our squad limit imposed I don't see how we pick a CL squad strong enough to do well in the competition without replacing at least two of our first team regulars with English players.

This is beginning to feel like a huge clusterfuck of problems.

We could always buy some English !

WIth the money they won't let us spend? How about Rio on a load deal. Jesus Christ this stinks.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
George Hannah said:
strongbowholic said:
Wonder time we'll hear anything today?

rightaboutnow_zps9e01315d.jpg

any time now

Is that one of the £50k watches he was 'gifted'?
Edited for accuracy :)

willipp said:

They wont thats another side benefit of FFP to the ex G14 teams and UEFA - why would any billionaire buy into such a club knowing that the FFP will effectively hamstring him

Any football clubs that are now going to be bought will be outside of the German, EPL and La Liga and maybe Serie A where you dont need to spend as much to attain CL qualification

Ultimately this will force a European LEague

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.