City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

Stoned Rose said:
cookster said:

I like this.

Basically says UEFA have blagged us and been cunts and we wanted to slap them but their sanctions aren't actually that bad and we wont really be that effected by them so we'll humour the daft cunts.

I feel much better now.
I do as well the club statement eases the nerves much more than the shit being put out there by everyone else. Essentially don't fuck with us again and we'll accept these sanctions as they don't really interfere with anything we're planning to do anyway

karen7 said:
A short summary please someone

Little if any impact.

Our greatest fears were

• A huge fine. Most of which will be returned when we break even.
  • A squad limit restrictions for foreign players. We initially heard they would take 4 foreign players out of our squad, from 25 to 21. Now it's just 4 players, which we didn't use last season anyway. Still an unlimited number of u21s (Lopes, Rekik, etc okay). Our negotiations must have been successful here.
  • No spending this summer. As it turns out, we're limited to 60m euros + the proceeds from whoever we sell, which is less than it costs to buy our targets anyway.

Really this wasn't so bad after all. If FFP had never been publicized, we might not notice any difference.

This is actually great news. I was really upset when I heard about the squad limitations, but neither the City statement nor UEFA's mention foreign players.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/OfficialDocument/uefaorg/ClubFinancialControl/02/10/69/00/2106900_DOWNLOAD.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Dow ... WNLOAD.pdf</a>

Stoned Rose said:
Matty said:
Our official statement, when summarised, basically says:-

1 - We believe we complied with FFP.

2 - We believe UEFA haven't acted transparently, and have been deceitful and prejudiced against us.

3 - Ideally we'd rip UEFA and FFP to pieces in the courts, but that would impact and reflect badly on our partners and sponsors.

4 - We'll accept the punishment, but ultimately most of it doesn't really affect our plans or the way the club will be run.

Spot on.

Looks like a bit of a face saver for both sides imo.

I saw this tweet and I agree

If you cant be arsed reading City's statement on FFP. It basically says "bovered"

cristiano-ronaldo-562-arsene-wenger-crying-after-losing-a-game-for-arsenal.jpg

soc_g_wenger11_576.jpg

whyalwaysyou said:
Blue Haze said:
What does this mean for our transfer budget?

We got lucky that we don't really need expensive forwards. It's mostly cheaper defensive players like Sagna and Fernando.

Won't be a big outlay this window. Be a quiet-ish summer compared to usual

€60M Euros plus incomings from sale of players is not that quiet?

stony said:
aguero93:20 said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
Agreed and if we take this, the G14 and Gill will think they can move the goalposts again. I don't see anything but trouble for us. Gill and the Chelsea chairman already appear to be posturing to get key control of the Premier League decision makiing
THEY CANNOT TOUCH US IF WE STAY WITHIN A €20M LOSS NEXT YEAR.
Sorry, but everyone seems to be missing that part.
They've changed the goalposts once, do you think they wouldn't again ?
Not now they've issued that statement.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.