City & FFP | 2020/21 Accounts released | Revenues of £569.8m, £2.4m profit (p 2395)

Re: City & FFP (continued)

CityForever45 said:
For what i understand from the club's statement, we can only spend 60 millions of euros this summer, right ?

I think we can spend 60m plus any incoming amount from sales

Not fucking one bit happy with any of this. Seeing any of this as some kind of victory because we are in break even now and will be profitable 14/15 or that we only used 21 of 23 in the Champs League anyway is frankly laughable.

Yes I might be a know nothing bollocks on a forum and these wonderful brains at the club know far more than me. All I know is that whatever we have done this season will be tainted and overshadowed by the fact we've basically just said to UEFA "yep, it's a fair cop, we cooked the books; we cheated" by agreeing to these ridiculous fucking sanctions.

The club may well point to a "...fundamental disagreement between the Club’s and UEFA’s respective interpretations of the FFP regulations on players purchased before 2010" but then to go hiding behind:

"...In normal circumstances, the Club would wish to pursue its case and present its position through every avenue of recourse. However, our decision to do so must be balanced against the practical realities for our fans, for our partners and in the interests of the commercial operations of the Club."

Nah; fucking fuming at UEFA and fuming at City. Should have had the fuckers at CAS and fought every inch of the way with no quarter given. However, maybe those practical realities are these cunts at UEFA are above the law.

Fuck you Napoleon.

Sorry for the rant but seriously, seriously fucked off by this.

Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
CityForever45 said:
For what i understand from the club's statement, we can only spend 60 millions of euros this summer, right ?
yes
well, it's enough for what we need. I don't know but i have a feeling that the rags, arsenal and shit clubs like these aren't very happy, they wanted a more harsh punishment, that would have forced us to sell some of our top players.

The cookie monster said:
cookster said:
So the guy from The Financial Fair Play site was right all along.................. oops!
I bet he's laughing his cock off now at the abuse he received off here.

Why should he? It seems that Uefa agreed with our stance on sponsorship deals..

So as I understand it -

£8,000,000 taken from our Champion's League revenue for this season and next season.

Suspended fine of €40,000,000 should we fail to comply in the future.

£50,000,000 limit on transfers this summer on top of player sales which significantly the club have said won't effect us.

The club have accused UEFA of acting in an untransparent way.

The club have said the wage limit won't effect us because our wage bill is decreasing and we only used 21 players in the Champion's League last season anyway?

Also we have made a statement that we expect no sanctions from 15-16 onwards and are still cooperating fully?

I think this is a great compromise.

Blue Haze said:
karen7 said:
A short summary please someone

Little if any impact.

Our greatest fears were

• A huge fine. Most of which will be returned when we break even.
  • A squad limit restrictions for foreign players. We initially heard they would take 4 foreign players out of our squad, from 25 to 21. Now it's just 4 players, which we didn't use last season anyway. Still an unlimited number of u21s (Lopes, Rekik, etc okay). Our negotiations must have been successful here.
  • No spending this summer. As it turns out, we're limited to 60m euros + the proceeds from whoever we sell, which is less than it costs to buy our targets anyway.

Really this wasn't so bad after all. If FFP had never been publicized, we might not notice any difference.

This is actually great news. I was really upset when I heard about the squad limitations, but neither the City statement nor UEFA's mention foreign players.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Download/OfficialDocument/uefaorg/ClubFinancialControl/02/10/69/00/2106900_DOWNLOAD.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.uefa.org/MultimediaFiles/Dow ... WNLOAD.pdf</a>

Thank you

Essentially we are paying the 50 million euros with the squad restricted to 21 players. That is what the statement is saying really.

This is rubbish!!!, I am disappointed that the club has taken this path of compromise that confers admission of fault and breakage of the rules. This makes me angry.

lol yeah the rags are angry

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redcafe.net/threads/manchester-city-facing-financial-fair-play-sanctions.388686/page-33" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redcafe.net/threads/manchest ... 86/page-33</a>

They know we got off lightly, and this won't affect us at all. Hahahaha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.